Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 31, 2007
509 posts
99 upvotes
Mississauga

Dual Sim (Wind+Rogers simultaneously) + Extended battery

Can anyone recommend a phone that fits this criteria? I'm using a S5 atm and the dual Sim adapter doesn't fit when Im using a larger than stock battery.

I'm leaning towards the LG G5, but can't find any extended batteries...

My plan is to stick with my grandfathered wind 30$ 5gb plan but use tablet data from the Fido or w/e when I'm in a pinch and need fast data.

Other recommendations would be great as well.
5 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13016 upvotes
May as well look for unicorn turds while you are at it.
Feb 16, 2014
733 posts
164 upvotes
London
darksideleader wrote: Can anyone recommend a phone that fits this criteria? I'm using a S5 atm and the dual Sim adapter doesn't fit when Im using a larger than stock battery.

There is LG G5 dual sim that is currently available through Ebay.It covers most of the 4G/LTE bands(N860).I am about to buy if I see Note 7 doesn't have removable battery.

If you are looking for extended/extra battery for that cellphone,you should wait a little longer.I am sure Zerolemon and similar companies will make that,as they did for other cellphones.I am following news and will get one soon after purchasing for dual sim LG G5 in the summer.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2013
5047 posts
635 upvotes
NORTH YORK
darksideleader wrote: Can anyone recommend a phone that fits this criteria? I'm using a S5 atm and the dual Sim adapter doesn't fit when Im using a larger than stock battery.

My plan is to stick with my grandfathered wind 30$ 5gb plan but use tablet data from the Fido or w/e when I'm in a pinch and need fast data.

Other recommendations would be great as well.
I doubt Zerolemon will ever make one soon enough for you.
This is a DIY extender that you can get now
https://youtu.be/LYtvXmIPxbs

I ordered a large MAH battery extender of the same size of my phone. And I velcro both. That is it.
Daniel

Fido $0 3Gb LTE + overage plan until Feb 2019
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8514 posts
3694 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
It's only HSPA on one SIM, GSM only on the other. Terrible for data usage.

OP, I'm not sure if what you're looking for exist. You essentially need a Dual LTE or at least LTE + HSPA where it supports North American bands. Dual SIM phones are almost never designed for the North American market so they practically never have the right band to use here except for at most HSPA data and GSM voice calls.

The closest one I can see is Lenovo ZUK Z2, but you're limited to HSPA data on both, as the secondary radio does not support Band 4 at all. So you can only put the WIND on the primary LTE/HSPA radio which does, and use UMTS 850/1900 on the secondary for the Fido SIM.