• Last Updated:
  • Mar 9th, 2014 2:06 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 31, 2006
735 posts
223 upvotes

Dualshock 4 Solution?

Has anyone found any way to fix the thumbsticks on the PS4 controller. Both of mine have began to tear apart. That's also not to mention the bumpers getting stuck. Love the design but very poor execution.
10 replies
Aug 20, 2009
9827 posts
5935 upvotes
Sony is replacing them under warranty, just call them. I have 2 controllers and no problems with mine but there was definitely a number of them that did have some sort of weird problem with the rubber compound.
Oct 31, 2006
735 posts
223 upvotes
Redmask wrote: Sony is replacing them under warranty, just call them. I have 2 controllers and no problems with mine but there was definitely a number of them that did have some sort of weird problem with the rubber compound.
Do you have a link that states this?
Aug 20, 2009
9827 posts
5935 upvotes
Paymethemoney wrote: Do you have a link that states this?
The warranty that came with your system or on the Sony website. Pick up the phone and call them, explain you haven`t done anything weird with the controller and get it replaced. This has happened to other people, its not a big deal.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2009
1081 posts
87 upvotes
Bolton
Will they replace them even if they have not degenerated yet
Aug 20, 2009
9827 posts
5935 upvotes
They probably won't replace a controller that has nothing wrong with it yet, it's not like every controller has this problem or something. If your controller has that defect then yes they will replace it if it's still under warranty.
Oct 31, 2006
735 posts
223 upvotes
Interesting, didn't know the warranty would cover the rubber. Both controllers ruined, ridiculous. I rarely play as well.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
goleafsgo5 wrote: Will they replace them even if they have not degenerated yet
No.
Paymethemoney wrote: Interesting, didn't know the warranty would cover the rubber. Both controllers ruined, ridiculous. I rarely play as well.
They probably don't cover it but since there are many reports they might as well replace it or else they'll get a lot of bad feedback.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5897 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto
Redmask wrote: The warranty that came with your system or on the Sony website. Pick up the phone and call them, explain you haven`t done anything weird with the controller and get it replaced. This has happened to other people, its not a big deal.
Thanks for the suggestion Redmask - I've been experiencing sticking with the R2 button - likely from all the times I spot people in Battlefield 4... Time to check whether they'll do anything about that...
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Jun 4, 2013
452 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
I had the issue where my left thumb stick would automatically aim down and it was disgusting. I just brought it back and got a new one, easiest solution.
Paymethemoney wrote: Has anyone found any way to fix the thumbsticks on the PS4 controller. Both of mine have began to tear apart. That's also not to mention the bumpers getting stuck. Love the design but very poor execution.