Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
DUCA

HISA (ON ONLY) ~3% until 2020/01/31 No Referrals in Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2020 9:54 pm
Tags:
Jan 15, 2013
459 posts
466 upvotes

HISA (ON ONLY) ~3% until 2020/01/31 No Referrals in Thread

Deal Link:
Price:
~3%
Expiry:
January 31, 2020
Retailer:
DUCA
Received this email today. Looks like you have to open the account at the branch or by phone only. Not available online.

Our ever-popular Earn More Savings Promotion offer is back … only this time, you have an extended opportunity to earn even more for longer! From now through January 31, 2020, give your savings a serious boost with new to DUCA deposits into an Earn More Savings Promotion Account* at 3.00%! This offer is available only in a DUCA branch or by calling Member Connect at 1.866.900.3822.

Act fast, earn more! This interest rate expires after January 31, 2020* so the sooner you take advantage, the more interest you can earn.

DUCA’s highest posted savings rate
No locked in terms
No minimum deposit
No minimum balance
Daily interest paid monthly
After January 31, 2020, funds in the Promotion account will be transferred into a regular Earn More Savings Account. (Current interest rate: 1.60%) Statements will reflect this activity.
This offer is for deposits new to DUCA from a new or existing Member and is not available for online or mobile app transfers from a current DUCA account. Money already on deposit at DUCA in the form of a term deposit, savings account, or other investment is not an eligible deposit.
Images
  • 88EEFBFC-820C-4192-A60B-E7559C6A5AC1.jpeg
Last edited by titaniumtux on Mar 18th, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Title fix
Thread Summary
222 replies
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1427 posts
847 upvotes
GTA
voodoo22 wrote: Too bad you can't sign up online or I'd do it right now. I like the fact that they're not making it for a few months and doesn't seem shady like promo's from the banks which come up with all kinds of magical ways to make the rate look better than it is.
Yup. I was going to move $$$$ to simplii just because their rate was so much higher but f that. Moving to DUCA and closing my simplii account. Can’t stand simplii’s bs anymore
Fido Customer - $24/30 GB for 10 mths then $29/30GB
Mar 2, 2016
859 posts
1248 upvotes
Toronto
Also good to know: free (unlimited?) transactions when done online, as per their website:
free transactions when you manage it online (in-branch transactions are $2.00)

Although it's 2019 and every transaction should be free in any bank account.
Koodo|Fido|Tangerine|EQ|AMEX|Plastiq|eBates|TopCashBack|Mr. Rebates|Great Canadian Rebates|RocketMiles
BRIM|AwardWallet|uber|Lyft|airBNB|uberEats|DoorDash|Skip the Dishes|Ritual
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9290 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Any hard credit check?
Can an account opened for Québec resident?

Interest paid monthly?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
May 2, 2004
2749 posts
183 upvotes
Mississauga
no sure but is this "bank" CDIC insured ?
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1427 posts
847 upvotes
GTA
auto-m8 wrote: no sure but is this "bank" CDIC insured ?
Credit unions are insured up to 250k
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10576 posts
15687 upvotes
GT-EH
auto-m8 wrote: no sure but is this "bank" CDIC insured ?
No, but insured via DICO
Public Mobile Customer, $34/50GB CAN-US
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Picard
Mar 2, 2016
859 posts
1248 upvotes
Toronto
voodoo22 wrote: I can only go off of the image in the OPs post, but it looks like you have to deposit money in branch or over the phone, you can't use online banking to qualify for the promo.
You're right, although it looks like if you open an account in branch or over the phone without depositing any money and then adding funds into the account by etransfer or mobile check deposit it should be free. I guess one can also negotiate to have the first deposit in branch free while opening the account.
Koodo|Fido|Tangerine|EQ|AMEX|Plastiq|eBates|TopCashBack|Mr. Rebates|Great Canadian Rebates|RocketMiles
BRIM|AwardWallet|uber|Lyft|airBNB|uberEats|DoorDash|Skip the Dishes|Ritual
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2002
1752 posts
264 upvotes
GTA
Also they give you $50 for opening a chequing account and $50 to charity! https://nofee.duca.com/
I did this promo till December and then forgot to move out my money... Too bad, 3% would have been nice...
----------------------------------------------------------------
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2002
1752 posts
264 upvotes
GTA
JamesPlomppy wrote: You're right, although it looks like if you open an account in branch or over the phone without depositing any money and then adding funds into the account by etransfer or mobile check deposit it should be free. I guess one can also negotiate to have the first deposit in branch free while opening the account.
I don't think you can transfer money in by etransfer, but you can over the phone. Unless things have changed.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1427 posts
847 upvotes
GTA
TRK9 wrote: I don't think you can transfer money in by etransfer, but you can over the phone. Unless things have changed.
You can totally do etransfers. That’s how I moved my money from the December promo
Deal Addict
May 12, 2004
3057 posts
488 upvotes
Mississauga
JamesPlomppy wrote: You're right, although it looks like if you open an account in branch or over the phone without depositing any money and then adding funds into the account by etransfer or mobile check deposit it should be free. I guess one can also negotiate to have the first deposit in branch free while opening the account.
Wait they charge to deposit money to this account in branch? How else do they expect us to deposit money if we can't use online or telephone
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2002
1752 posts
264 upvotes
GTA
SignedA wrote: You can totally do etransfers. That’s how I moved my money from the December promo
I didn't have the option to etransfer it in to the promo account, but yes I could etransfer out of that account and transfer in/out of my other accounts (regular savings, chequing).
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1427 posts
847 upvotes
GTA
TRK9 wrote: I didn't have the option to etransfer it in to the promo account, but yes I could etransfer out of that account and transfer in/out of my other accounts (regular savings, chequing).
That’s because to fund the account you need to call them to move the money from your normal savings into the promo savings account. There’s no other way.
Sep 14, 2009
982 posts
670 upvotes
Kingston
Note for those not from Ontario - you don't qualify (I called and said I was from BC and was told ON residents only.)
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
2543 posts
819 upvotes
voodoo22 wrote: Too bad you can't sign up online or I'd do it right now. I like the fact that they're not making it for a few months and doesn't seem shady like promo's from the banks which come up with all kinds of magical ways to make the rate look better than it is.
I see a "Join now" button you can click on their Rates page. It seems to take your through some type of sign-up process (but I didn't try it.)
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2387 posts
17484 upvotes
cardero wrote: Note for those not from Ontario - you don't qualify (I called and said I was from BC and was told ON residents only.)
How dare we try to sign up without living in the center of the RFD universe, GTA?

OP please add "ON Only" to title
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9290 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
How do u transfer money in and out? Need to pay?
Can u use tangerine to link to de posit and withdraw free on duca?

Their fees page seem to have fees in almost every kind of transactions.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)