HISA (ON ONLY) ~3% until 2020/01/31 No Referrals in Thread

Deal Link:
Price:
~3%
Expiry:
January 31, 2020
Retailer:
DUCA
Received this email today. Looks like you have to open the account at the branch or by phone only. Not available online.

Our ever-popular Earn More Savings Promotion offer is back … only this time, you have an extended opportunity to earn even more for longer! From now through January 31, 2020, give your savings a serious boost with new to DUCA deposits into an Earn More Savings Promotion Account* at 3.00%! This offer is available only in a DUCA branch or by calling Member Connect at 1.866.900.3822.

Act fast, earn more! This interest rate expires after January 31, 2020* so the sooner you take advantage, the more interest you can earn.

DUCA’s highest posted savings rate
No locked in terms
No minimum deposit
No minimum balance
Daily interest paid monthly
After January 31, 2020, funds in the Promotion account will be transferred into a regular Earn More Savings Account. (Current interest rate: 1.60%) Statements will reflect this activity.
This offer is for deposits new to DUCA from a new or existing Member and is not available for online or mobile app transfers from a current DUCA account. Money already on deposit at DUCA in the form of a term deposit, savings account, or other investment is not an eligible deposit.
Images
  • 88EEFBFC-820C-4192-A60B-E7559C6A5AC1.jpeg
Last edited by titaniumtux on Mar 18th, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Title fix
Thread Summary
201 replies
Aug 24, 2008
606 posts
393 upvotes
Ottawa
Too bad you can't sign up online or I'd do it right now. I like the fact that they're not making it for a few months and doesn't seem shady like promo's from the banks which come up with all kinds of magical ways to make the rate look better than it is.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1021 posts
417 upvotes
voodoo22 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2019 8:11 am
Too bad you can't sign up online or I'd do it right now. I like the fact that they're not making it for a few months and doesn't seem shady like promo's from the banks which come up with all kinds of magical ways to make the rate look better than it is.
Yup. I was going to move $$$$ to simplii just because their rate was so much higher but f that. Moving to DUCA and closing my simplii account. Can’t stand simplii’s bs anymore
Zoomer Mobile Customer - $36/month for 4 GB + free phone

Thumbs up if this post helped you 👍🏻☺️
Mar 2, 2016
240 posts
283 upvotes
Toronto
Also good to know: free (unlimited?) transactions when done online, as per their website:
free transactions when you manage it online (in-branch transactions are $2.00)

Although it's 2019 and every transaction should be free in any bank account.
Koodo|Public Mobile|Fido|Tangerine|EQ|AMEX|Plastiq|Paytm|eBates|TopCashBack|Mr. Rebates|Great Canadian Rebates|RocketMiles
Carrot|AwardWallet|Skiplagged|uber|Lyft|Instaryde|airBNB|uberEats|DoorDash|Skip the Dishes|Foodora|Ritual|Amazon Prime/Student
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
6692 posts
1255 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Any hard credit check?
Can an account opened for Québec resident?

Interest paid monthly?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
May 2, 2004
2699 posts
149 upvotes
Mississauga
no sure but is this "bank" CDIC insured ?
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1021 posts
417 upvotes
auto-m8 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2019 8:45 am
no sure but is this "bank" CDIC insured ?
Credit unions are insured up to 250k

Aug 24, 2008
606 posts
393 upvotes
Ottawa
JamesPlomppy wrote:
Mar 18th, 2019 8:37 am
Also good to know: free (unlimited?) transactions when done online, as per their website:
free transactions when you manage it online (in-branch transactions are $2.00)

Although it's 2019 and every transaction should be free in any bank account.
I can only go off of the image in the OPs post, but it looks like you have to deposit money in branch or over the phone, you can't use online banking to qualify for the promo.
Mar 2, 2016
240 posts
283 upvotes
Toronto
voodoo22 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2019 8:46 am
I can only go off of the image in the OPs post, but it looks like you have to deposit money in branch or over the phone, you can't use online banking to qualify for the promo.
You're right, although it looks like if you open an account in branch or over the phone without depositing any money and then adding funds into the account by etransfer or mobile check deposit it should be free. I guess one can also negotiate to have the first deposit in branch free while opening the account.
Koodo|Public Mobile|Fido|Tangerine|EQ|AMEX|Plastiq|Paytm|eBates|TopCashBack|Mr. Rebates|Great Canadian Rebates|RocketMiles
Carrot|AwardWallet|Skiplagged|uber|Lyft|Instaryde|airBNB|uberEats|DoorDash|Skip the Dishes|Foodora|Ritual|Amazon Prime/Student
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2002
1608 posts
150 upvotes
Scarborough
Also they give you $50 for opening a chequing account and $50 to charity! https://nofee.duca.com/
I did this promo till December and then forgot to move out my money... Too bad, 3% would have been nice...
----------------------------------------------------------------
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2002
1608 posts
150 upvotes
Scarborough
JamesPlomppy wrote:
Mar 18th, 2019 9:27 am
You're right, although it looks like if you open an account in branch or over the phone without depositing any money and then adding funds into the account by etransfer or mobile check deposit it should be free. I guess one can also negotiate to have the first deposit in branch free while opening the account.
I don't think you can transfer money in by etransfer, but you can over the phone. Unless things have changed.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1021 posts
417 upvotes
TRK9 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2019 10:04 am
I don't think you can transfer money in by etransfer, but you can over the phone. Unless things have changed.
You can totally do etransfers. That’s how I moved my money from the December promo

Deal Addict
May 12, 2004
2351 posts
133 upvotes
Mississauga
JamesPlomppy wrote:
Mar 18th, 2019 9:27 am
Wait they charge to deposit money to this account in branch? How else do they expect us to deposit money if we can't use online or telephone