Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
DUCA

HISA (ON ONLY) ~3% until 2020/01/31 No Referrals in Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2020 9:54 pm
Tags:
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
At branch. They know nothing about the $50 for new chequing account. They said expired in December. Showed them website, I ended up doing it on the nofee website but when they called in to try to get account open told by someone at head office promo not valid anymore. I am going to deal with branch manager to get it sorted out hopefully but anyone applying now be prepared you might need to argue for the $50. They will probably delete the nofee direct link.
Apr 6, 2018
70 posts
120 upvotes
XSnapSX wrote: I opened an account yesterday online and it said someone will contact me to confirm. anyone successfully open an account online yet?
Me, opened online the day before yesterday. Today got confirmation email, not call.
Any case you should call to them to transfer money to proper account. By default you can transfer just to some interim account.
Last edited by miketss on Mar 20th, 2019 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 7, 2013
740 posts
534 upvotes
Just got off the phone with a Duca CSR.

Opened an account 6 months ago as a safety valve just in case...

Refreshed my info then asked a question or two about their 3 per cent offer.

The CSR stated that she knows of no account maximum deposit.

Where as Tangerine and Simplii have 500 thousand dollar limits she said no such limit at Duca

You've gotta' like that.

I've got over 7 figures available to deposit at the end of this month as my Meridan HISA offer closes.

And don't forget Meridian Bank is new and coming on line very soon.

Good times!
Nov 6, 2014
237 posts
428 upvotes
Canada
unclefester wrote:
The CSR stated that she knows of no account maximum deposit.
What is the limit on how much you can pull with online transfer without calling? I believe it is $50k per day for Tangerine, and $50k per transaction for Simplii but you can do multiple transactions on the same day without calling.
Oct 7, 2013
740 posts
534 upvotes
fun4life2 wrote: What is the limit on how much you can pull with online transfer without calling? I believe it is $50k per day for Tangerine, and $50k per transaction for Simplii but you can do multiple transactions on the same day without calling.
Yes thanks.

The number she quoted me was 200 thousand per day max. No multiple transactions above or beyond that amount on the same calendar day.

It's an intriquing offer isn't it?

11 days for me to got at Meridian & then I think it's off to Duca for the first time.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2010
1321 posts
288 upvotes
toronto
what are people's DP for hard or soft pull?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Did u all require an hour with a financial adviser to open a bank account in branch?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
fun4life2 wrote: What is the limit on how much you can pull with online transfer without calling? I believe it is $50k per day for Tangerine, and $50k per transaction for Simplii but you can do multiple transactions on the same day without calling.
Do u need a chequing account with duca to move money from tangerine or simplii to duca 3%?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12614 posts
2318 upvotes
Tried but failed to create an account online. I'll swing by a branch today since I'll be near one but I really hope I don't have to be there for an hour.
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
neelpa wrote: https://nofee.duca.com/
its still working and shows bonus also.
To be clear, they have said they won't honour this. I am having the branch manager look into this today. The lady was talking to head office and I heard them telling her that it wasn't "Duca's site" and the lady at the credit union was saying "yes it is, I went there myself and printed it out".

I will update what I found out. They should definitely delete the nofee page soon not to confuse people.
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
fun4life2 wrote: What is the limit on how much you can pull with online transfer without calling?

So, someone else answered that the daily limit is $200,000 and the weekly limit is $1,000,000 but there is a $100,000 limit PER transaction that I wasn't told about on the phone. I found out when at the branch. So, you would need to do 2 transactions a day to get the $200,000 in.

The "out" maximum is a lot lower, I think $50,000 a day and max is less too (forget the exact number).
Deal Expert
Feb 22, 2011
16521 posts
21873 upvotes
Toronto
Nice, I can use this to get Tangerine to extend my 3% savings promo another 9 months
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2006
1705 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
I used to have a Zenbanx account long time ago (Zenbanx accounts in Canada are offered by DUCA Financial Services Credit Union Ltd.). am I considered a new or existing member?

can someone please confirm the process steps:

1- open a chequeing / normal saving account online at https://nofee.duca.com/ (you need to have a cheque from your other bank to link the account - you can upload the scan of a $1 cheqeue for this process)
2- transfer your money into the above newly created chequeing account by EFT (e-transfer) from other bank pulled from the Duca account; (push from other bank only if you create a link to this account from your other bank account like tangerine)
3- call in or visit branch to transfer the fund to a new promotional saving account (with %3 interest), and you are all done.

and then for transferring funds in and out:
4- you may link your promotional account to your other banks (like Tangerine) and use direct EFT to push into or pull money from this promo saving account.
5- if we use the chequeing account for EFT (push / pull), is there a hold when transferring money in or out?
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
miketss wrote: So, when I want to get my money back to linked account I should pay 25$ for any amount, correct?
Sounds to me that would be if you wanted to send your full balance in one transaction to another institution. They advertise that the "MeToME" transfers are free so that would be between your own accounts.

But, the fee schedule brings up another question as it says there is a $2 charge for deposits/transfers and withdrawls from the everday savings account. So I would get charged money each time I want to deposit money in the account? That is weird.
Nov 9, 2012
126 posts
31 upvotes
Scarborough
bingo_jake wrote: I used to have a Zenbanx account long time ago (Zenbanx accounts in Canada are offered by DUCA Financial Services Credit Union Ltd.). am I considered a new or existing member?

can someone please confirm the process steps:

1- open a chequeing / normal saving account online at https://nofee.duca.com/ (you need to have a cheque from your other bank to link the account - you can upload the scan of a $1 cheqeue for this process)
2- transfer your money into the above newly created chequeing account by EFT (e-transfer) from other bank pulled from the Duca account; (push from other bank only if you create a link to this account from your other bank account like tangerine)
3- call in or visit branch to transfer the fund to a new promotional saving account (with %3 interest), and you are all done.

and then for transferring funds in and out:
4- you may link your promotional account to your other banks (like Tangerine) and use direct EFT to push into or pull money from this promo saving account.
5- if we use the chequeing account for EFT (push / pull), is there a hold when transferring money in or out?
I was wondering if you can EFT directly (push/pull) into the park savings account (3%) to avoid having to call in if you set an external link to that account right off the go?
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1427 posts
847 upvotes
GTA
sealll wrote: I was wondering if you can EFT directly (push/pull) into the park savings account (3%) to avoid having to call in if you set an external link to that account right off the go?
No
Fido Customer - $24/30 GB for 10 mths then $29/30GB
Oct 3, 2015
902 posts
1915 upvotes
Toronto
sealll wrote: I was wondering if you can EFT directly (push/pull) into the park savings account (3%) to avoid having to call in if you set an external link to that account right off the go?
Yes you can. I have done this with Tangerine and EQ Bank. Absolutely no problems.
Feb 24, 2017
265 posts
134 upvotes
No, that is not possible. I spoke to CS and they told me that I can only transfer into my savings account and then have to call them to move the funds to the Earn More Savings account. Alternatively, I was told by CS, that I could post them a message, after logging to my online account, with instructions to move the funds.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)