Automotive

Ducati Buyers Beware: My 2014 899 Panigale Odometer Rolled Back for Sale

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 11th, 2020 10:00 pm
Mar 31, 2009
100 posts
129 upvotes
koffey wrote: Ok, I'll bite and watch it... It better be worth my time.

So because of the optioned parts you are insinuating that this is your bike? Two light scratches on the front fork? Sorry man, but if you were to try and prove something, aftermarket parts and a few scratches are not solid evidence. I'm not saying that this isn't your bike since you're rfder I would have faith in the membership alone but I would be really hard pressed to believe it otherwise.

Every bike I've ever owned, I have photos of the vin, I have photos of odo reading at the time of sale. You could simply shoot this down completely with some legit details but you're case to say that this is yours because of parts is like swiss cheese. Instead you post a video and link it to another one of your video as additional proof.

You know how many cars are out there or motorcycles or even peddle bikes are optioned out identically? People tend to install identical aftermarket parts all the time, google, find out the best and install it. How many x bikes out there with the same ark exhaust and eliminator kit? Nothing about this is truly unique. A vin is.

Scratches are likely from a 3x tree stand.

Appreciate the heads up.

My 2 cents.
What other "proof" do you need on top of identical VINs ? if you bothered to read the thread, VIN has been posted by OP before your reply.
BTW, even if OP has not provided the VIN, the simple fact that the seller re-listed the bike with double the originally claimed KM is, by itself, pretty shady.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
13443 posts
7778 upvotes
Toronto
zlicht wrote: What other "proof" do you need on top of identical VINs ? if you bothered to read the thread, VIN has been posted by OP before your reply.
BTW, even if OP has not provided the VIN, the simple fact that the seller re-listed the bike with double the originally claimed KM is, by itself, pretty shady.
I don't see any pic of any vin from the op. You know how easy it is to get a vin these days? I post vins in ads for christ sakes. Also, the 2 is very close to the 1 and if the initial ad was reported by the op and was removed, the seller repost with 20,000 instead. Can't edit deleted ads. Agreed shady tho.
BST:
Kenwood KAC-91050 - $200

DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Banned
Apr 14, 2020
172 posts
200 upvotes
koffey wrote: I don't see any pic of any vin from the op. You know how easy it is to get a vin these days? I post vins in ads for christ sakes. Also, the 2 is very close to the 1 and if the initial ad was reported by the op and was removed, the seller repost with 20,000 instead. Can't edit deleted ads. Agreed shady tho.
LOL how can you be defending this? "Do you know how easy it i to get vins?" "The 2 is very close to the 1?" common man...

Its the same bike 100%. The Vins match. And if the 2 is close to the 1, did he make the same typo twice....in the title and body of the ad?
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
13443 posts
7778 upvotes
Toronto
Lavafinder24 wrote: LOL how can you be defending this? "Do you know how easy it i to get vins?" "The 2 is very close to the 1?" common man...

Its the same bike 100%. The Vins match. And if the 2 is close to the 1, did he make the same typo twice....in the title and body of the ad?
I'm not defending it, there's a fine line between proof and no proof. There's zero solid proof.
A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven.

Jean Chretien
Common man....
BST:
Kenwood KAC-91050 - $200

DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Banned
Apr 14, 2020
172 posts
200 upvotes
koffey wrote: I'm not defending it, there's a fine line between proof and no proof. There's zero solid proof.

Common man....
the VINS MATCH!!!!!!

What more proof do you need/want?
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
13443 posts
7778 upvotes
Toronto
Lavafinder24 wrote: the VINS MATCH!!!!!!

re-read what you actually typed out what I said about vins else provide a better argument. How do people obtain vins? Very common ways from kijiji/autotrader ads and since you already know the vins match, you know it was in the ad. Regardless....

1. Ads
2. Via request from seller to buyer
3. Carfax

I'm not defending anything here but if I'm a lawyer, this isn't a solid win. I'm saying that a video that shows some mods by the OP isn't enough proof. I'm glad the OP posted this thread.
Last edited by koffey on May 11th, 2020 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
BST:
Kenwood KAC-91050 - $200

DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[OP]
Jun 23, 2009
252 posts
368 upvotes
Toronto
Lavafinder24 wrote: the VINS MATCH!!!!!!

To end this:
Proof of the carfax he sent to a buyer who contacted me & my proof of insurance with the VIN: https://imgur.com/a/dUqmte8
I repeat, This is a screenshot of the carfax a potential buyer sent me, which is falsified. It does not include any of my history. I have attached proof of my insurance confirmation with the VIN attached.

Adding this to the OP.

I do not have a picture of the UVIP (I gave this to the person I sold the bike too)
Last edited by Sonduren on May 11th, 2020 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
13443 posts
7778 upvotes
Toronto
Sonduren wrote: To end this:
Proof of the carfax he sent to a buyer who contacted me & my proof of insurance with the VIN: https://imgur.com/a/dUqmte8
I repeat, This is a screenshot of the carfax a buyer sent me, which is falsified. It does not include any of my history. I have attached proof of my insurance confirmation with the VIN attached.

Adding this to the OP
+1
Thanks
BST:
Kenwood KAC-91050 - $200

DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[OP]
Jun 23, 2009
252 posts
368 upvotes
Toronto
The seller is telling me he is going to call the police. Looks like I am one step ahead of him. Will be filing a report today with the police and OMVIC. How sad is this...
Capture1.PNG
[OP]
Jun 23, 2009
252 posts
368 upvotes
Toronto
Update: Reported to OMVIC & Markham Regional Police have been informed.
[OP]
Jun 23, 2009
252 posts
368 upvotes
Toronto
Update: Seller has threatened to call the police via Kijiji. I have had and continue to have conversations with OMVIC & Regional Police about this.
I made a video with all the details of the encounter and next steps:

Updating the OP
Jul 2, 2014
431 posts
128 upvotes
Maple, ON
TY for the report. I been shopping around for bikes on Kijiji since my order has been delayed at dealerships due to coronavirus.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15112 posts
2234 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
Staying tuned. RFDers never fail to deliver.

2012 - year of the Ragu rollback
2020 - year of the Ducati rollback