Duct cleaning price

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2021 8:36 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
3055 posts
1665 upvotes

Duct cleaning price

Anyone have this done recently? What did you pay and can you recommend any companies in the GTA?

I’ve gotten a couple quotes and they seem all over the place less than 200 265 430.

Just want to be sure the company does a thorough job as well, as I remember watching one of those CBC marketplace videos of duct cleaning companies not doing a thorough job.
Last edited by zzzz24 on May 1st, 2021 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13840 posts
5545 upvotes
Ontario
I have never used them personally yet but have said friends/family to them and they were all happy.

https://www.davesducts.com/
If you look up the reviews they are all very good. Seems like a great company.
zzzz24 wrote: Anyone have this done recently? What did you pay and can you recommend any companies in the GTA?

I’ve gotten a couple quotes and they seem all over the place less than 200 265 430.

Just want to be sure the company does a thorough job as well, as I remember watching one of those CBC marketplace videos of duck cleaning companies not doing a thorough job.
Nov 13, 2019
394 posts
169 upvotes
Toronto
sickcars wrote: I have never used them personally yet but have said friends/family to them and they were all happy.

https://www.davesducts.com/
If you look up the reviews they are all very good. Seems like a great company.
Also heard nothing but good things about Daves
Jul 23, 2011
55 posts
9 upvotes
Ottawa
Hi any ducts cleaning company in Ottawa, and how much is the price for a 4 bedrooms townhouse ducts cleaning any idea. Thanks
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2020
1047 posts
677 upvotes
GTA
zzzz24 wrote: Anyone have this done recently? What did you pay and can you recommend any companies in the GTA?

Just want to be sure the company does a thorough job as well, as I remember watching one of those CBC marketplace videos of duct cleaning companies not doing a thorough job.
Ducts can be inspected to see if they really need to be cleaned. It's a waste of money unless actually needed.

Duct cleaning is not part of normal routine maintenance but I'm sure many cleaners will tell you otherwise.
Hvac advice warning - inaccurate information on forum, vested interests in selling builder's equipment. Selling dealer-only brands without being authorized is a red flag. Report to CRA if offered no tax cash-deal. If it's 2 good to b tru, it is.
Deal Guru
Jun 7, 2005
10358 posts
1482 upvotes
Toronto
Agree. I am sure most of us are getting enough duct cleaning calls every day Face With Tears Of Joy.
insertname2020 wrote: Ducts can be inspected to see if they really need to be cleaned. It's a waste of money unless actually needed.

Duct cleaning is not part of normal routine maintenance but I'm sure many cleaners will tell you otherwise.
Banned
Apr 30, 2021
26 posts
14 upvotes
If you have someone who inspects your furnace regularly, and you trust them and have a good relationship with them, you might ask them to recommend a reliable and duct cleaning company.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2010
1355 posts
1346 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Best quote recently received was from Power Vac @ $179 for 10 vents, then $10 /vent for any extra.

We just completed a major renovation so it is justified to clean out the drywall & sawdust.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
3055 posts
1665 upvotes
I notice a bit of a smell in my front entrance area and all I can think of is that it might be coming from the vent there.

I haven’t been in this house very long but it’s definitely not a gas rotten egg smell and I had someone over looking at my furnace in the winter and had someone installing a natural gas line for a barbecue recently too. I figured maybe a duct cleaning in that area could solve the issue. Plus who knows if the rest of the house ever had one done.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
2761 posts
1830 upvotes
GTA
I got it done twice in the last 6 months. Firstly, because I moved into a 50 year old house and it's never been done, so there was a funky smell. Second time was after major renovations, so it had to be done. For the peace of mind and honestly the difference it makes is worth the few hundred dollars you'd spend to do it. I was about to go with Dave's Ducts even though I went with another company, but ended up going back to Diamond Duct cleaning.. they were cheaper and had them do it the first time at this house and I used them before at my old place as well.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
3106 posts
4579 upvotes
West GTA
I used Superior after a home reno and they did a good job, were thorough and removed the buildup of dust and debris from extensive sanding and other material removal. It was also when I bought the place, so for peace of mind I wanted to ensure everything was in top shape. I don't think I'll need to get my ducts cleaned for a long time though - regular duct cleaning isn't really needed, and the next time I call a duct cleaning company (unless I do more big renos) it'll be 2030+.
Aug 11, 2020
127 posts
59 upvotes
I've seen some duct cleaners claim they have cameras to see your ducts to ensure it's thoroughly clean, I've also heard that's just gimmick and not really necessary. Any thoughts? Any recommended duct cleaners in the GTA?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)