Price:
$50
Savings:
87% off
Retailer:
Dulux Paints
More offers from Dulux Paints
Was at Scaborough Dulux location

They have about 8 Tubs of 16.8L exterior paint in their diamond line. Store manager said usually cost about $400 for a tub that size and they are clearing it out for $50 a tub. Only comes in The color zombie 🧟‍♀️

2094 Lawrence Ave E, Scarborough, ON M1R 2Z6 Location only

Staff were very nice to us so thought to post the deal here to see if anyone can help clean up their inventory
Images
  • 6F5AE217-70EE-4F9B-A3C4-81AA197A3475.jpeg
  • 13C41D06-C190-442E-9618-8ABFC4B2093F.jpeg
32 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
4304 posts
1666 upvotes
Vulcan, AB
The color looks better than the name suggests, though it's not my cup of tea. still, as someone who's shopping for paint to paint a whole house, I wish this were local! Maybe it's a bit ugly, but so is full price! Plus the quality of this paint is said to be excellent!
Dec 10, 2019
78 posts
66 upvotes
Vancouver
I Used to work at dulux in vancouver. Retail is such a bs price. 400 bucks for that is a joke. I feel bad for people who pay full retail. As a worker we were able to see the cost of the item we bring it to store. 1 gallon was about 13 dollars of the diamond line. Best contractor got it for 15 bucks a gallon. The mistints that you posted in the zombie color is a throw away so they just try to recoup any loss they can. If you can find a color you like and you can find it in their misting area then it's a good deal. When I worked there it was 7 dollar a gallon and 35 for a pail which is 5 gallon.

Also you can tint the mistint paint even more if you want to go darker. To a certain extent of course. It will depend on the base of the paint.
Dec 31, 2005
993 posts
535 upvotes
Waterloo
carolcana wrote: Was at Scaborough Dulux location

They have about 8 Tubs of 16.8L exterior paint in their diamond line. Store manager said usually cost about $400 for a tub that size and they are clearing it out for $50 a tub. Only comes in The color zombie 🧟‍♀️

2094 Lawrence Ave E, Scarborough, ON M1R 2Z6 Location only

Staff were very nice to us so thought to post the deal here to see if anyone can help clean up their inventory
Thanks OP!

Have a 12'x24' shed I'm putting up at the cottage that calls for 4 gallons. Looks like a perfect option.
Happy Zoomer customer! $36/800m/5gb.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2006
1055 posts
385 upvotes
carolcana wrote: Was at Scaborough Dulux location

They have about 8 Tubs of 16.8L exterior paint in their diamond line. Store manager said usually cost about $400 for a tub that size and they are clearing it out for $50 a tub.

I am a big fan of Dulux based on my experiences locally. Almost all the staff I met over the years are super friendly and helpful. Which is the complete opposite of just about every single Benjamin Moore paint store I went to.

That said, I would be weary of these blow out / returns / mistints. The colours will usually not work out for you for one reason or another. The only time I managed to actually use one is when the lady did me a favour and added more tint to get it close to something I had in mind. All the others returns I purchased I couldn't get it to work out the way I hoped. Either too dark or not enough cans available.

Also, I think most locations have "unwanted" paints for sale, you just need to ask for it. I originally found out when the salesman took me the back of the store where they had a wooden skid of rejects.

1 gallon cans are usually $10 and quartz are $5.
Aug 31, 2010
882 posts
173 upvotes
Victoria
Are there any expired dates of these paints in can?
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2006
1055 posts
385 upvotes
PierreV851 wrote: I Used to work at dulux in vancouver. Retail is such a bs price. 400 bucks for that is a joke. I feel bad for people who pay full retail. As a worker we were able to see the cost of the item we bring it to store. 1 gallon was about 13 dollars of the diamond line. Best contractor got it for 15 bucks a gallon. The mistints that you posted in the zombie color is a throw away so they just try to recoup any loss they can. If you can find a color you like and you can find it in their misting area then it's a good deal. When I worked there it was 7 dollar a gallon and 35 for a pail which is 5 gallon.

Also you can tint the mistint paint even more if you want to go darker. To a certain extent of course. It will depend on the base of the paint.
lol, I guess my friend was right. He said that the cost of the paint was close to $10 which kind of blew my mind because retail price was around $75 at that time. Now its around $80, I find that the retail paint can goes up about $2 a year.

The staff usually will go out of their way to help me do additional tinting, but I try not to bug them too much because it usually takes a while to estimate, tint, shake. I only ask if they are not busy with other customers. Also, they told me the manager doesn't want them spending too much time on mistints, which is completely fair.

But on a side note, Dulux mistints are super cheap compared to Canadian Tire, which i notice they give something $15 off or a low discount imo. Errr. the can of paint costs $60 and you give $15 off for a one off. At Dulux, a membership gets you 25 percent off retail any paint, any colour.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2006
1055 posts
385 upvotes
qianquan wrote: Are there any expired dates of these paints in can?
naw, they are all pretty recent. After a month or two all the paint is taken away.

These paints are good. They can't sell bad paint.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2006
1055 posts
385 upvotes
PierreV851 wrote: I Used to work at dulux in vancouver. Retail is such a bs price. 400 bucks for that is a joke. I feel bad for people who pay full retail. As a worker we were able to see the cost of the item we bring it to store. 1 gallon was about 13 dollars of the diamond line. Best contractor got it for 15 bucks a gallon. The mistints that you posted in the zombie color is a throw away so they just try to recoup any loss they can.
I just thought of something, the contractors who bring back paint. Is there criteria for bringing it back and do they get credit/refund ? The reason why I ask is because at the end of the day its a business and no one is going to take a complete loss. The costs are probably going to get spread out to the customers so that may be one reason why the retail can of paint is as a high as $80.

I do go check out the mistints section and sometimes I see whacks of returned paint from school projects and other construction projects, that's a lot of paint/money that's written off. I hope we don't pay for it at the end.
Jun 28, 2007
65 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
Picked up a tub this morning for my garage and mudroom. Looks kinda like gentrification grey. 3 tubs left as of 7:30am.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
2549 posts
1803 upvotes
What is a mistint? Like when somebody returns paint? I thought it was all final sale?
Dec 31, 2005
993 posts
535 upvotes
Waterloo
Thanks OP. Worked good on my project.

Also grabbed a gallon of light grey mistint from another Dulux to do trim painting.
Images
  • 20200818_093757.jpg
Happy Zoomer customer! $36/800m/5gb.
Mar 7, 2011
30 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
It's oos now. I just checked.
Penalty Box
Jul 14, 2014
1365 posts
347 upvotes
Stranger wrote: Thanks OP. Worked good on my project.

Also grabbed a gallon of light grey mistint from another Dulux to do trim painting.
I hope you didn't paint your plywood?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5524 posts
3825 upvotes
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: What is a mistint? Like when somebody returns paint? I thought it was all final sale?
Mistint is when computer or clerk have the bad recipe, and ends up bad color
Penalty Box
Jul 14, 2014
1365 posts
347 upvotes
DoorCrasher wrote: What is the problem with painting plywood? Thinking FaceThinking Face
You need vapour barrier then siding ,then paint.
Painted plywood looks bad.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19491 posts
6653 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Don't paint brick, you can't easily undo it and it will cause brick to eventually crumble and crack as brick is supposed to be able to evaporate absorbed moisture.
Jun 28, 2007
65 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
Did you blend the zombie with something else to get your colour? Looks a bit lighter
Last edited by the_godfather30 on Aug 22nd, 2020 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.