Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dulux Paints

Dulux paint sale - BOGO - Sept 9 - 29

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2019 11:19 am
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2006
1158 posts
465 upvotes

[Dulux Paints] Dulux paint sale - BOGO - Sept 9 - 29

Deal Link:
Expiry:
September 29, 2019
Retailer:
Dulux Paints
More offers from Dulux Paints
Its that time of the year again. Last chance to start up/wrap up outdoor painting before winter comes around. A good time to do indoor painting too.

BOGO applies to quart and gallon paint, also select accessories.

I wouldn't say their paint and brushes are the best, but the BOGO overall value surpasses their competitors. For example, Behr paint makes you buy a can of paint and then you have submit a claim for a $10 rebate cheque which will arrive in the mail. No thanks.
31 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
2717 posts
5379 upvotes
Winterpeg
Thank you. I was waiting for a good paint sale to happen. Need to get some painting done before winter. Thanks OP!
Telus EPP - $40 30GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk/Text - Incl. Apple Watch LTE
Public Mobile $34 50GB 5G Unlimited Talk/Text Canada/US
TextNow SIM X 2 Unlimited US CAN MEX Talk/Text in US FREE! 1 CAD 1 US.
Fongo $17.99 12 month texting
Jan 5, 2003
236 posts
79 upvotes
Edmonton
How many times a year does Dulux do these BOGO sales?
Nov 10, 2005
514 posts
481 upvotes
RiceKing wrote: How many times a year does Dulux do these BOGO sales?
I think this is the 3rd time this year.

I bought some paint in the last BOGO sale with the intention of painting a at some point in September - for fear there wouldn't be another BOGO sale before I painted. Guess I could've waited.

There's nothing wrong with paint sitting unopened for a few months, is there?
Nov 24, 2009
141 posts
164 upvotes
GTA
berklon wrote: I think this is the 3rd time this year.

I bought some paint in the last BOGO sale with the intention of painting a at some point in September - for fear there wouldn't be another BOGO sale before I painted. Guess I could've waited.

No problem with it sitting for several months as long as sealed tightly. If you had it tinted, just make sure to mix it well before using. If the store you bought from is close you could just bring it in and they will re-shake in the machine.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2006
1158 posts
465 upvotes
berklon wrote: I think this is the 3rd time this year.

I think someone said there is 4 BOGO sales a year, but I don't ever remember seeing it 4 times a year. That said, the 3 BOGO I have seen coincides with the time frame I do outdoor painting (April to October).
So, I have seen/observed:
April BOGO
June BOGO
September BOGO

It all kind of makes sense, I was talking to the sales rep and he said they don't have the BOGO sale during July and August because that's their busiest business time. With April, spring is around the corner and a BOGO sale/advertising helps get those painting thoughts in your head. With August over, the weather is cooling off quickly in September so another BOGO sale/advertising helps attract another session of DIY work in people's heads.

I believe they will warranty your new unopen paint for 5 years after purchase, but I believe the catch is it has to be in room temperature type environment. I spoke to one sales rep and he said if you leave a brand new can of paint in a cold garage, it will be no good in 2 months. In addition if you leave it on concrete in your basement floor, he said it will only last 2 or 3 years. I guess that makes sense, I had this almost full can of latex paint which turned gooey after sitting in the basement floor for about 5 to 7 years.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
3047 posts
2146 upvotes
Has anyone used their OUTDOOR paint?

Thinking of re-painting my front door
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2006
1158 posts
465 upvotes
Biscayne05 wrote: Has anyone used their OUTDOOR paint?

Thinking of re-painting my front door
I used 2 types of paint.

Dulux Diamond
Dulux Metalclad

Both are good. I use Metalclad/oil paint on areas with high traffic/usage.

If you are only paint one door, you can buy quart can.
Nov 25, 2002
702 posts
178 upvotes
Kelowna
I tried the Dulux Diamond in a matt and semi-gloss finish, and a few colours for my last renovation project. I didn't like any of it. First of all, the matt finish had an unpleasant feel. Like a 400 grit sandpaper or something when you'd run a hand over it. And it had an ugly blotchy look under sheer lighting. It didn't give me great mileage either. I was lucky if I could get the suggested coverage on the can. The scrubability was also a disappointment. When dry it was painfully obvious where you had scrubbed and where you hadn't, even though I'd only used a microfibre cloth. Meanwhile, the semi gloss flashed like crazy. I found it extremely unforgiving.

For a Semi I've used Berh Marquee in similar situation with great results. No flashing at all. For a flat, the best I've used is far and away the Cloverdale Ecologic... I've gotten amazing mileage out of a gallon. It just seems to go and go. And the finish is beautiful. Heck I was happier with Rona's recycled paint in a flat finish than I was with Dulux.

Dulux is a hard pass for me going forward.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2006
1158 posts
465 upvotes
smirnoff wrote: I tried the Dulux Diamond in a matt and semi-gloss finish, and a few colours for my last renovation project. I didn't like any of it. First of all, the matt finish had an unpleasant feel. Like a 400 grit sandpaper or something when you'd run a hand over it. And it had an ugly blotchy look under sheer lighting. It didn't give me great mileage either. I was lucky if I could get the suggested coverage on the can. The scrubability was also a disappointment. When dry it was painfully obvious where you had scrubbed and where you hadn't, even though I'd only used a microfibre cloth. Meanwhile, the semi gloss flashed like crazy. I found it extremely unforgiving.

For a Semi I've used Berh Marquee in similar situation with great results. No flashing at all. For a flat, the best I've used is far and away the Cloverdale Ecologic... I've gotten amazing mileage out of a gallon. It just seems to go and go. And the finish is beautiful. Heck I was happier with Rona's recycled paint in a flat finish than I was with Dulux.

Dulux is a hard pass for me going forward.
Don't other paint brands have that same sandpaper feel ? I have noticed that on a paint job a professional painter did in an office, they used Benjamin Moore Regal paint so thats not cheap stuff.

For the flashing part, there could be multiple variables in play, its happened to me before, but I seen professional painters use it fine. So now I am wondering if I did not do it properly.
One professional took a look at photos of my painting jobs and he said I am not applying enough paint on the roller. I probably am not using the correct technique either.

Nov 25, 2002
702 posts
178 upvotes
Kelowna
fastmiele wrote: Don't other paint brands have that same sandpaper feel ?
It could be. For whatever reason I really noticed it with the Dulux.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
3047 posts
2146 upvotes
fastmiele wrote: Don't other paint brands have that same sandpaper feel ? I have noticed that on a paint job a professional painter did in an office, they used Benjamin Moore Regal paint so thats not cheap stuff.

For the flashing part, there could be multiple variables in play, its happened to me before, but I seen professional painters use it fine. So now I am wondering if I did not do it properly.
One professional took a look at photos of my painting jobs and he said I am not applying enough paint on the roller. I probably am not using the correct technique either.

I used SW Emerald Matte for the most part of my home and it doesnt feel like sandpaper (at least imo). I personally painted our entire home and have 0 complains about it other than the price (got most of my cans on sale)

Best part is it's very cleanable with a rag when it gets dirty. It's rare I'd have to use something like a Mr Clean magic eraser to clean dirt
Nov 25, 2014
118 posts
40 upvotes
London, ON
Behr paint is detested by pros because it BARELY covers much area w all the thickeners and comounds so it wont run...great for newbies
Nov 13, 2012
45 posts
43 upvotes
London Ontario
I have used their diamond and bathroom and kitchen paint with much success.

I’ve also used Benjamin Moore regal and the Dulux diamond is very comparable.

It goes on smooth and the diamond lasts forever. The kitchen and bath is in my en-suite and is easily wiped when steam from shower accumulated on the walls.

Glad to see this sale on now as we move in about a month and will be stocking up as I have half the new house to paint.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2006
1158 posts
465 upvotes
smirnoff wrote: It could be. For whatever reason I really noticed it with the Dulux.
For the longest time, I have been using oil paint and its always smooth. After using latex paint I notice a sandpaper feel afterwards. At first I thought I used the wrong technique, but when I go by offices and such, I feel the same sandpaper feel.
Maybe its because oil paint and is glossy and latex is at most semi-gloss, alot of people like to use Matte finish.
Nov 19, 2018
169 posts
313 upvotes
always love when "BOGO" stands for "buy one get one", not "buy one get one................half off"
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2003
4258 posts
1028 upvotes
GTA
*dreams of bogi*

Looks like right time to repaint the wood trim outside.
BOGO but spend full price on the primer... suppose that’s the draw they’re looking for.
Nov 10, 2005
514 posts
481 upvotes
zoob wrote: BOGO but spend full price on the primer... suppose that’s the draw they’re looking for.
BOGO also applied to the primer the last 2 sales I bought at.
Mar 26, 2004
387 posts
290 upvotes
Ottawa
Just called Benjamin Moore and they will be running a promo Sept 19-23. I believe it is buy 2 get 1.
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2003
2098 posts
920 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
dfm74 wrote: Just called Benjamin Moore and they will be running a promo Sept 19-23. I believe it is buy 2 get 1.
perfect. I need BM to match the color/paint we are getting done in November.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)