Hot Deals

[Dulux Paints] Dulux paint sale - BOGO - Sept 9 - 29

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2019 11:19 am
Nov 19, 2018
25 posts
44 upvotes
always love when "BOGO" stands for "buy one get one", not "buy one get one................half off"
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2003
4056 posts
734 upvotes
Toronto
*dreams of bogi*

Looks like right time to repaint the wood trim outside.
BOGO but spend full price on the primer... suppose that’s the draw they’re looking for.
Nov 10, 2005
268 posts
119 upvotes
zoob wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 11:01 am
BOGO but spend full price on the primer... suppose that’s the draw they’re looking for.
BOGO also applied to the primer the last 2 sales I bought at.
Mar 26, 2004
108 posts
42 upvotes
Ottawa
Just called Benjamin Moore and they will be running a promo Sept 19-23. I believe it is buy 2 get 1.
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2003
1856 posts
600 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
dfm74 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 11:18 am
Just called Benjamin Moore and they will be running a promo Sept 19-23. I believe it is buy 2 get 1.
perfect. I need BM to match the color/paint we are getting done in November.
Jan 21, 2007
180 posts
79 upvotes
Terrace
I stocked up last time and had untinted paint that was 120 days old. They accepted the return no problem despite their policy being 60 days + 25% restocking fee. Very pleased with their customer service!
May 29, 2019
23 posts
4 upvotes
Hi Everyone,
Me an missus are planning to paint our house (2500 sqft) in next month or so and timing of the sale is perfect. But we are newbies (never done painting before).

I have few questions for the experts:
1. Which is a better brand? Dulux or Behr's (could use Lowes signup coupon to bring down the price) or Benjamin Moore or Sherwin Williams (they also have sales often)?
2. Should I get Matt finish or semi-gloss?
3. Is this Dulux deal a good value for money? Or should we wait for better deal.
4. Any pro-tips regarding buying paint rollers and other accessories or anything in general?
Feb 16, 2011
612 posts
147 upvotes
octopus2017 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 11:31 am
Hi Everyone,
Me an missus are planning to paint our house (2500 sqft) in next month or so and timing of the sale is perfect. But we are newbies (never done painting before).

I have few questions for the experts:
1. Which is a better brand? Dulux or Behr's (could use Lowes signup coupon to bring down the price) or Benjamin Moore or Sherwin Williams (they also have sales often)?
2. Should I get Matt finish or semi-gloss?
3. Is this Dulux deal a good value for money? Or should we wait for better deal.
4. Any pro-tips regarding buying paint rollers and other accessories or anything in general?
1) Have used Dulux and Sherwin. Both seem OK for the price when on sale. No experience with Behr but have heard the same issues with coverage from others.

2) Matt is typically for ceilings while semi gloss for trim around doors and windows or baseboard. Eggshell for walls. Dulux has a special line of paint specifically for kitchen and bath (supposed to be better for moisture).

3) Dulux is good value when there's a BOGO. This is THE time to buy Dulux paints. Sherwin is not bad either when they have 35-40% off. You can stack Sherwin with a $10 email signup coupon.

4) I've used the Dulux branded rollers and paint brushes with no issue. They are good value if they are included in the BOGO...usually they are. Of course you can spend a lot more money on the high end Purdy stuff...but Dulux brushes are mid-range imo. Obviously technique plays a part in it...if you have bad technique then the best brush won't help you much.

My only protip is to use Frog Tape when taping! Expensive but wow does it work well. Very clean lines and very "forgiving". You can be a bit more messy and the tape will block out any excess paint.
May 29, 2019
23 posts
4 upvotes
Thank you so much for detailed reply.
blitzteen17 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 11:52 am
1) Have used Dulux and Sherwin. Both seem OK for the price when on sale. No experience with Behr but have heard the same issues with coverage from others.

2) Matt is typically for ceilings while semi gloss for trim around doors and windows or baseboard. Eggshell for walls. Dulux has a special line of paint specifically for kitchen and bath (supposed to be better for moisture).

3) Dulux is good value when there's a BOGO. This is THE time to buy Dulux paints. Sherwin is not bad either when they have 35-40% off. You can stack Sherwin with a $10 email signup coupon.

4) I've used the Dulux branded rollers and paint brushes with no issue. They are good value if they are included in the BOGO...usually they are. Of course you can spend a lot more money on the high end Purdy stuff...but Dulux brushes are mid-range imo. Obviously technique plays a part in it...if you have bad technique then the best brush won't help you much.

My only protip is to use Frog Tape when taping! Expensive but wow does it work well. Very clean lines and very "forgiving". You can be a bit more messy and the tape will block out any excess paint.
Jan 22, 2019
143 posts
104 upvotes
What kind of paint can I use for the garage? I need to cover my double car garage that I recently finished.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
1669 posts
822 upvotes
Vancouver
Time to renovate the house
Thanks I let kids do all you can paint in the house
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
2676 posts
746 upvotes
GTA
Thanks OP, currently renovating bathroom and this deal is coming in handy

Walked into my local Dulux store yesterday, was recommended that I use their "Kitchen and Bath" product - for both wall and ceiling. Staff there said their Diamond product lacks mildewcide and would not recommend it for high moisture bathroom. While I like saving ($66.99 vs Diamond $78.99), is the staff right, and am I going to end up using more as Diamond I imagine is truly a single-coat application ?
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1517 posts
1051 upvotes
Waterloo
EarthViews wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 3:17 pm
What kind of paint can I use for the garage? I need to cover my double car garage that I recently finished.
would like to know too.
Nov 10, 2005
268 posts
119 upvotes
octopus2017 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 11:31 am
Hi Everyone,
Since you've never painted before, I would recommend you start painting a room that is the least important to you. A room where you can practice on that wouldn't be as big a deal to have a few flaws in the job done.
This way you can learn from your mistakes and when you tackle more important rooms, you'll know better what to do and what to avoid.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
3140 posts
1150 upvotes
GTA
dfm74 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 11:18 am
Awesome! I'm using BM for all the halls in my home and then using Dulux for the bedrooms. I messed up and didn't buy enough BM at the last sale.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)