Computers & Electronics

Dumb question: How do I create public collections on Instagram??

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 26th, 2019 9:52 pm
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean

Dumb question: How do I create public collections on Instagram??

For example notice the various categories of pics. How are those created? I thought they were IG collections in which you can hit "public" but that's not the case. Must be something simple I'm missing here. Google/IG brings up nothing. Any1 know how it's done to appear on the homepage??

If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
2 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
1181 posts
2194 upvotes
Those are IG Story "highlights". After you've created a story and you're viewing it, there's a Highlight button in the bottom right corner. When you click on that it lets you add a title and then that story will always be visible on your profile page.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
hp.. wrote: Those are IG Story "highlights". After you've created a story and you're viewing it, there's a Highlight button in the bottom right corner. When you click on that it lets you add a title and then that story will always be visible on your profile page.
Thanks. Found it on IG suport but their explanation sucks. I dont see why it has to be "stories" and not just collections (you can add any pic/vid from any time frame like FB in albums) where you have the choice to make it public or not with the same result.

https://help.instagram.com/813938898787367
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING