• Oct 16th, 2018 10:20 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
17361 posts
14755 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…

Dunpar townhomes feedback

Was looking at relocating to Mimico and seems like Dunpar townhomes dominate the area. They look quite nice from the outside, but how are they on the inside? I hear many horror stories about houses and how they are built. I don't think they use poured concrete between the units, which is one worry. They are marketed as "executive townhomes" which puts a premium on the price but I'm not sure if it is worht it. I mean, Tridel is typically higher priced but they have a very sound reputation.

Any owners able to shed some light?
3 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
1490 posts
327 upvotes
JayLove06 wrote: Was looking at relocating to Mimico and seems like Dunpar townhomes dominate the area. They look quite nice from the outside, but how are they on the inside? I hear many horror stories about houses and how they are built. I don't think they use poured concrete between the units, which is one worry. They are marketed as "executive townhomes" which puts a premium on the price but I'm not sure if it is worht it. I mean, Tridel is typically higher priced but they have a very sound reputation.

Any owners able to shed some light?
lived there for 5 years, the ones by Evans and Islington.

pros -

> super close to go or the Gardiner. took me 10 mins to walk to go and back. Costco is right across the highway. Cineplex also 10 mins walk. Excellent restaurants. I love this area!
> Sam Remo bakery.
> nice little neighbourhood. Well landscaped. Lots of young parents or to-be parents, typically all moving away from DT and looking to move into something bigger, but not quite a house
> super large master bedroom, and washroom.

cons
> the highway whirr is something that will be always be with you. its like background noise. And honestly you wouldn't be able to tell after few days of living there
> yes, its basically a dry wall between the houses - so you will hear footsteps, loud music etc. But get to know your neighbours, and respect them to be respected back.
> Property management is a joke. The clown of a property manager sent a newsletter to all the residents, only instead of bcc'ing the email addies she cc'ed them. So of course we started getting spammed with other neighbours posting grievances, jokes, selling products etc. The snow removal service could have been better.
> multiple levels, so if you're not prepared to go down 2 levels to get water and go back up - look away now!

my recommendation would be to NOT buy an Evans road TH. Try to purchase an end unit along Cormier or Ruby Lang - which is not always the corner unit. The TH with the turrets are the biggest, but also more expensive.

All in all, we loved it. Only moved to Oakville because....lol, for a postage stamp backyard!!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
17361 posts
14755 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
utopianbl wrote: lived there for 5 years, the ones by Evans and Islington.

pros -

> super close to go or the Gardiner. took me 10 mins to walk to go and back. Costco is right across the highway. Cineplex also 10 mins walk. Excellent restaurants. I love this area!
> Sam Remo bakery.
> nice little neighbourhood. Well landscaped. Lots of young parents or to-be parents, typically all moving away from DT and looking to move into something bigger, but not quite a house
> super large master bedroom, and washroom.

cons
> the highway whirr is something that will be always be with you. its like background noise. And honestly you wouldn't be able to tell after few days of living there
> yes, its basically a dry wall between the houses - so you will hear footsteps, loud music etc. But get to know your neighbours, and respect them to be respected back.
> Property management is a joke. The clown of a property manager sent a newsletter to all the residents, only instead of bcc'ing the email addies she cc'ed them. So of course we started getting spammed with other neighbours posting grievances, jokes, selling products etc. The snow removal service could have been better.
> multiple levels, so if you're not prepared to go down 2 levels to get water and go back up - look away now!

my recommendation would be to NOT buy an Evans road TH. Try to purchase an end unit along Cormier or Ruby Lang - which is not always the corner unit. The TH with the turrets are the biggest, but also more expensive.

All in all, we loved it. Only moved to Oakville because....lol, for a postage stamp backyard!!
Hey, thanks for the feedback. As far as not BCCing people on an email, that actually happened to me before at a building I lived at. People were not pleased. Good to see you're happy. I was looking at either the new build they have called Lakeshore Village, or getting a resale unit. The resale ones seem to have better value. The back to back towns are $950K. The larger towns are $1.1M But the larger towns resale are $950-$1M.

How is the soundproofing between units and overall build quality?
Jul 12, 2007
245 posts
25 upvotes
i also would like to know more about the sound quality?? can a neighbour hear your dog crying/barking?