• May 10th, 2019 6:06 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
3142 posts
973 upvotes

Duradek quote

Hi there. I want to convert my standard wood deck to Duradek. I have a walkout basement so my deck is right above the entrance for basement door. When it rains or snows, water drips from the gap between wood deck to underneath, which makes the area underneath the deck a mess. That's why I want to change it to Duradek. Location is Calgary. I have a contractor came to my house and gave me a quote on the cost. The estimator seems knowledgeable and professional. He said because I have hardie siding (instead of vinyl), it will a bit extra work,.

Deck size is 10X12. Here is the quote I got:

Aluminum Rails Remove & reinstall - 280.00
5 Plywood Resheet (5/8”) - 550.00
162 Duradek 60mil Vinyl - 1,377.00
Stucco flash, clip and caulk - 123.75

Total around $2330. This contractor is the official dealer of Duradek so I want to stick with them. What do you think about the quote? Is there any way to negotiate a better price?
1 reply
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
2140 posts
722 upvotes
Whitby
braveblade wrote: Hi there. I want to convert my standard wood deck to Duradek. I have a walkout basement so my deck is right above the entrance for basement door. When it rains or snows, water drips from the gap between wood deck to underneath, which makes the area underneath the deck a mess. That's why I want to change it to Duradek. Location is Calgary. I have a contractor came to my house and gave me a quote on the cost. The estimator seems knowledgeable and professional. He said because I have hardie siding (instead of vinyl), it will a bit extra work,.

Deck size is 10X12. Here is the quote I got:

Aluminum Rails Remove & reinstall - 280.00
5 Plywood Resheet (5/8”) - 550.00
162 Duradek 60mil Vinyl - 1,377.00
Stucco flash, clip and caulk - 123.75

Total around $2330. This contractor is the official dealer of Duradek so I want to stick with them. What do you think about the quote? Is there any way to negotiate a better price?
I had Duradek installed on a new deck that I built over the basement door about 6 years ago. Great product!