Health & Wellness

Durham Region - COVID19.

[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
3986 posts
4165 upvotes

Durham Region - COVID19.

Think this deserves its own thread: https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoi ... RjM2YxNiJ9

It is absolutely appalling to me how in almost every city that I've been to in Durham Region (where I live) the vast majority of shoppers don't care about social distancing. I've seen people GET MAD at store owners for telling them to wait outside.

Look - I get it, compared to Halton Region "we're" financially not as well off but doesn't everyone want to live?!

I've been keeping an eye on this page linked here every day, and am very shocked at the increase in prevalence of confirmed cases, and even deaths on a day over day perspective. My suggestion is to bookmark this page and to remind yourself if you're in a hot spot. (Ajax/Oshawa I'm looking at you).
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
10 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
3986 posts
4165 upvotes
It is incredibly disturbing that Durham Region's infection rate is accelerating, and not flattening.

Be careful thy fellow neighbours!
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
11995 posts
8681 upvotes
GTA, ON
Well, Durham does include Whitby and Oshawa. The more east you go, the worst it gets.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Apr 3, 2007
5 posts
4 upvotes
Ontario
angryaudifanatic wrote: It is incredibly disturbing that Durham Region's infection rate is accelerating, and not flattening.

Be careful thy fellow neighbours!
It’s looks fairly flat to me. Certainly not exponential growth.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
3986 posts
4165 upvotes
Khaine wrote: It’s looks fairly flat to me. Certainly not exponential growth.
Are we looking at the same chart? It continues to climb, even with today's data!
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2010
1415 posts
744 upvotes
Toronto
angryaudifanatic wrote: Are we looking at the same chart? It continues to climb, even with today's data!
Can you please share the data/chart are you looking at? Just curious as I am in Durham as well.

I have mix information by some friends about the situation in Durham Region.

One friend was saying yesterday on a phone conversation that the covid 19 situation at Durham was really bad (he mention the cases at Ajax Best Buy, SuperStore at Oshawa (were the manager unfortunate died) and a McDonalds at Whitby.

On the other hand I have a friend who couple days ago had a small accident while cooking and went to ER to get some stitches. At the Hospital the nurses and Doctor told her that the covid 19 situation was very quiet so far.
Apr 3, 2007
5 posts
4 upvotes
Ontario
ToDealHunter wrote: Can you please share the data/chart are you looking at? Just curious as I am in Durham as well.

I have mix information by some friends about the situation in Durham Region.

One friend was saying yesterday on a phone conversation that the covid 19 situation at Durham was really bad (he mention the cases at Ajax Best Buy, SuperStore at Oshawa (were the manager unfortunate died) and a McDonalds at Whitby.

On the other hand I have a friend who couple days ago had a small accident while cooking and went to ER to get some stitches. At the Hospital the nurses and Doctor told her that the covid 19 situation was very quiet so far.
It’s in the first post. I see a long term trend of 25-40 new cases per day with a few higher days recently. I understand that Ontario cases are supposed to be peaking now (or perhaps just starting to trend down). It will be interesting to watch the case numbers over the next few days but I certainly don’t see any reason to be alarmed - no uncontrolled exponential growth at all.
Deal Addict
Sep 21, 2011
1793 posts
505 upvotes
Clarington has 34 cases few weeks ago, now it’s at 43 not bad could be like Pickering Ajax Oshawa where they have GTA numbers .
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2013
1620 posts
2336 upvotes
West
Many of you are reading far too much into the statistics - the number reported are CONFIRMED cases, meaning they have been sick enough to seek testing, and have actually been tested. The risk is still here, and these statistics are going to lead to easing of social distancing measures soon - brace for the 2nd & 3rd waves. Infectious disease should be treated at the community level; yet most are unfortunately concerned about nothing but themselves.

We are not immune to the, "xxxx country's numbers are likely 10x higher than reported". People are very cavalier about this COVID-19 thing; it's a huge sign of immaturity that people aren't following general common sense. Every region starts out being "minimally affected". All the provinces/states of Italy, USA, China, Spain, and Canada did, etc. Yet for some reason, humans never learn. I have some family outside of Ottawa that are literally having get-togethers every single day with extended family, "we live outside of the city, there is no COVID here".