• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2017 1:34 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
10061 posts
1513 upvotes

DVD no Network Connection

We have a BD-D1500 Samsung DVD Player and it does not connect to the internet anymore. Suddenly out of nowhere.

Rogers says no issues with out internet and wifi works etc.

When we run tests it says HTTP Port not connected. We are plugged in directly from the modem to the DVD player.

I already tried unplugging everything and it does not work. I tried the 8888 and 8844 method, does not work. Samsung website removed the troubleshooting guide.

Anyone know of anything else that may work or cause this?
4 replies
Deal Addict
May 8, 2005
2041 posts
444 upvotes
Birchmount & Ell…
speedyforme wrote: We have a BD-D1500 Samsung DVD Player and it does not connect to the internet anymore. Suddenly out of nowhere.

Rogers says no issues with out internet and wifi works etc.

When we run tests it says HTTP Port not connected. We are plugged in directly from the modem to the DVD player.

I already tried unplugging everything and it does not work. I tried the 8888 and 8844 method, does not work. Samsung website removed the troubleshooting guide.

Anyone know of anything else that may work or cause this?
Have you tried a different ethernet cable? I did a google search but it only shows the p1500 not d1500.

My thoughts are bad port on the player or bad cable. Also try plugging into a different port on the modem if possible.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1455 upvotes
Richmond
Gee wrote: Check your router’s DHCP table and see if it issued an IP to the DVD Player
+1

If it has an IP address, then check the DNS. It sounds like you checked Google DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4), but make sure you aren't blocking those addresses for some reason - it was common to do that in the router to get around geoblocking because some apps like Netflix and Youtube may override the specified DNS and use Google DNS instead.