DxO OpticsPro 10 Elite Edition -$99.50 USD + FS

Deal Link:
Price:
$99.50
Savings:
50% off
Expiry:
November 13, 2015
Photo editing software that does not call home like Adobe, yet works with Lightroom.
Hard to tell from the site. Might be a one day deal or go for the week. Posted as a one day deal. YMMV
Images
14 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2593 posts
1186 upvotes
GTA
This software is on sale for the same price at the DXO Online Store. They have the "Essential" Version for $64 US (regular $129). There is also a link to help you decide which version best suites your needs:

https://shop.dxo.com/us/photo-software/dxo-opticspro

There is also a page where you can check to see if your camera's raw format is supported:

http://www.dxo.com/us/photography/photo ... ed-cameras
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2009
5255 posts
2793 upvotes
Toronto
bvit6667 wrote: This software is on sale for the same price at the DXO Online Store. They have the "Essential" Version for $64 US (regular $129). There is also a link to help you decide which version best suites your needs:

https://shop.dxo.com/us/photo-software/dxo-opticspro

There is also a page where you can check to see if your camera's raw format is supported:

http://www.dxo.com/us/photography/photo ... ed-cameras
shop.dxo.com want $14.90 USD to include a CD, the DVD is included from B&H (no idea of shipping from dxo). Either way camera updates are required from dxo.

Thanks for the links on camera compatibility for raw. I was surprised my D100 is not, where my D200 is.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15218 posts
6233 upvotes
I have DXO version 8 which they gave away free at one point. It's really great software for processing RAW files, it really makes a huge difference to the quality of the photos.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2014
2207 posts
1504 upvotes
SickBeast wrote: I have DXO version 8 which they gave away free at one point. It's really great software for processing RAW files, it really makes a huge difference to the quality of the photos.
what is it good for?
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
14789 posts
6327 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Based on the title, I thought they are giving me $99.50US to get their software!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2009
5255 posts
2793 upvotes
Toronto
rvs007 wrote: Based on the title, I thought they are giving me $99.50US to get their software!
Either you are spaced out, I left a space out or both. ;-)
Admittedly I left a space out. Title should read: DxO OpticsPro 10 Elite Edition - $99.50 USD + FS
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
15638 posts
6131 upvotes
Toronto
ROYinTO wrote: From wiki linki in post 5 above:
It is known particularly for its detailed optical corrections that are available for over 20,000 lens-camera combinations.
Other info here:
http://www.photographyblog.com/news/dxo_opticspro_10/
Lightroom also has an extensive lens correction database.

I'm a huge Lightroom CC user. I tried the trial of DXO Pro Elite edition. What's so great about this software?

It's missing a lot of key features such as the healing brush in Lightroom. Anyone who shoots portraits uses that a ton.

They loudly trumpet that DXO intregrates well with Lightroom, but I don't see the need for this software if you own Lightroom. (I haven't tried CaptureOne, but I heard it refuses to accept DNG files so I would never use it for that reason alone.)

How is this software better than Lightroom? The default RAW processing looks good, but so does Lightroom, and Lightroom also does a lot more...

I'm not trolling, just asking fans of DXO why they prefer it over Lightroom. What are the awesome features that I'm missing?
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2008
1230 posts
229 upvotes
Ottawa
Kurtz7834 wrote: Lightroom also has an extensive lens correction database.

I'm a huge Lightroom CC user. I tried the trial of DXO Pro Elite edition. What's so great about this software?

It's missing a lot of key features such as the healing brush in Lightroom. Anyone who shoots portraits uses that a ton.

They loudly trumpet that DXO intregrates well with Lightroom, but I don't see the need for this software if you own Lightroom. (I haven't tried CaptureOne, but I heard it refuses to accept DNG files so I would never use it for that reason alone.)

How is this software better than Lightroom? The default RAW processing looks good, but so does Lightroom, and Lightroom also does a lot more...

I'm not trolling, just asking fans of DXO why they prefer it over Lightroom. What are the awesome features that I'm missing?
I'm not expert, but I do own both. Each has its strengths. In DXO I like its lens correction, PRIME noise reduction for RAW files and clearview filter (helps i.e. with hockey shots thru Plexiglas).
Usually I use DXO, for lens correction, NR and other mintor changes, then I export the picture into LR6 for final touches i.e. local brushes.

I bought both software on special along with brand new D7200. The combo should last me for many years ;-)

Just my $0.05 :-)
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
15638 posts
6131 upvotes
Toronto
amd111 wrote: I'm not expert, but I do own both. Each has its strengths. In DXO I like its lens correction, PRIME noise reduction for RAW files and clearview filter (helps i.e. with hockey shots thru Plexiglas).
Usually I use DXO, for lens correction, NR and other mintor changes, then I export the picture into LR6 for final touches i.e. local brushes.

I bought both software on special along with brand new D7200. The combo should last me for many years ;-)

Just my $0.05 :-)
Thanks. So I take it your opinion is that DXO 10 Elite is worth the extra $130 or so CDN for Lightroom 6 users?

I'm not against spending money if it makes my photos look better. I pay Adobe 15 bucks CDN a month to use Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC. That's 180 bucks a year, not cheap.

I mainly shoot portraits and models though and go through about 400 photos in a shoot. Is DXO still a good option for fast batch processing?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2009
5255 posts
2793 upvotes
Toronto
Kurtz7834 wrote: I'm not trolling, just asking fans of DXO why they prefer it over Lightroom. What are the awesome features that I'm missing?
I think you will find that it is not a matter of using either one or the other, like amd111 says many use both.
amd111 wrote: I'm not expert, but I do own both. Each has its strengths. In DXO I like its lens correction, PRIME noise reduction for RAW files and clearview filter (helps i.e. with hockey shots thru Plexiglas).
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2008
1230 posts
229 upvotes
Ottawa
Kurtz7834 wrote: Thanks. So I take it your opinion is that DXO 10 Elite is worth the extra $130 or so CDN for Lightroom 6 users?

I'm not against spending money if it makes my photos look better. I pay Adobe 15 bucks CDN a month to use Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC. That's 180 bucks a year, not cheap.

I mainly shoot portraits and models though and go through about 400 photos in a shoot. Is DXO still a good option for fast batch processing?
If I'm not mistaken there is a free trial. Why don't you give it a spin for a few days. I'm not sure how long the special is until.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)