Expired Hot Deals

Dyson Canada

Dyson V8B Cordless Vacuum - Refurbished $289.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2020 1:36 pm
[OP]
Member
Sep 12, 2008
391 posts
295 upvotes

Dyson V8B Cordless Vacuum - Refurbished $289.99

Deal Link:
Price:
289.99
Savings:
$70 OFF
Retailer:
Dyson Canada
Dyson Official Outlet - V8B Cordless Vacuum - Refurbished - 1 YEAR WARRANTY – Colour may vary
Colour may vary. Cord-Free. Powerful suction for versatile cleaning. Powered by the Dyson digital motor V8. Engineered for powerful suction on carpets and hard floors. Up to 25 minutes of floor cleaning run time for quick cleans. Up to 40 minutes in handheld mode. Actual run time may vary based on mode and/or attachments used. Two power modes. Switch between MAX mode for up to 6 minutes of high power, and Powerful mode for longer cleaning. Tools for versatile cleaning Combination tool and crevice tool included in box. No-touch dirt emptying. No need to touch the dirt - just pull the lever to release it into your bin. 2 Tier Radial™ cyclones. 15 cyclones create strong centrifugal forces, to capture more dirt. Easily reaches up high. Lightweight and ergonomic to clean high-up places with one smooth motion Transforms to a handheld. All Dyson cord-free vacuums quickly convert to a handheld for quick clean ups, spot cleaning and reaching difficult places.

Features

Cord-free. Hassle-free. The most powerful suction. Tested to ASTM F558 against cordless models.

Up to 40 minutes of powerful fade-free suction. Twice the run time of V6B.

Whole machine HEPA filtration. Captures allergens and expels cleaner air than the air you breathe.

Powered by the Dyson digital motor V8

Direct-drive cleaner head. 150% more brush bar power than the V6B.

Lightweight and balanced For floor to ceiling cleaning.

Hygienic dirt ejector For even easier cleaning.

Wand detaches easily For handheld cleaning.

Max mode gives increased suction for more difficult tasks.

1 year warranty Parts and labour guaranteed

Combi tool and Crevice tool. Note - no other accessories included.

Tools included Combination and crevice tools for whole home cleaning
30 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2015
1464 posts
1220 upvotes
Durham Region
Have the same one. Great vac. Canister is on the smaller side, but shouldn’t be an issue if emptied regularly
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2004
1347 posts
327 upvotes
GTA
Is this the model where you hold the trigger to operate, it only operates for 60second or something? Basically have to keep resetting the trigger to keep it going?
Member
May 12, 2006
469 posts
378 upvotes
ON
OracerO wrote: Is this the model where you hold the trigger to operate, it only operates for 60second or something? Basically have to keep resetting the trigger to keep it going?
No
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jun 26, 2005
10083 posts
1948 upvotes
Toronto
I would love to buy this for my parents, but I feel these Dysons are a bit heavy to hold and lift for one hand.
Newbie
Jan 19, 2011
52 posts
61 upvotes
rfdrfd wrote: I would love to buy this for my parents, but I feel these Dysons are a bit heavy to hold and lift for one hand.
Buy them a robot vacuum if their layout isn't too convoluted. I bought one for my 84 year old grandmother when she wanted one of these stick vacuums and she loves it. She has bad arthritis in her hands and her shoulder is a bit messed up, so I was concerned that the holding the button thing would be a dealbreaker and further that the weight may be too much. She does not use computers, smart phones, and can barely use her cable box, but she can operate the robot vacuum with ease.
Member
Oct 4, 2017
252 posts
166 upvotes
What does the B mean in V8B? Refurbished? Trying to find reviews for this, but there are a million V8 models (animal, absolute. absolute pro, animal pro...)
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2015
1464 posts
1220 upvotes
Durham Region
RFDBeliever wrote: What does the B mean in V8B? Refurbished? Trying to find reviews for this, but there are a million V8 models (animal, absolute. absolute pro, animal pro...)
Yep refurbished, but you won’t be able to tell. Mine looked brand new without any marks on it whatsoever and completely immaculate inside
Newbie
Jul 19, 2020
1 posts
i purchased this about 2 months ago, it was $264, to my delight when it arrived it included the soft roller as well as the hard roller and it looked brand new, you wouldn't be able to tell it was a refurb.
Newbie
Aug 29, 2016
17 posts
4 upvotes
How long did it take to arrive for you? eBay said it can take up to a month(!!?)
Newbie
Jun 17, 2020
76 posts
143 upvotes
How is the battery? People on eBay reporting 20-30 minutes of use instead of the 40 that is promised?
Jr. Member
Nov 24, 2016
109 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
forgy15 wrote: i purchased this about 2 months ago, it was $264, to my delight when it arrived it included the soft roller as well as the hard roller and it looked brand new, you wouldn't be able to tell it was a refurb.
Just you, not everyone else for the soft roller.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jun 26, 2005
10083 posts
1948 upvotes
Toronto
blueadept wrote: Buy them a robot vacuum if their layout isn't too convoluted. I bought one for my 84 year old grandmother when she wanted one of these stick vacuums and she loves it. She has bad arthritis in her hands and her shoulder is a bit messed up, so I was concerned that the holding the button thing would be a dealbreaker and further that the weight may be too much. She does not use computers, smart phones, and can barely use her cable box, but she can operate the robot vacuum with ease.
Thanks for the suggestion they already have a robot vacuum. But that only does the floors. Need a small one for quick picker uppers.
Jr. Member
May 8, 2012
183 posts
359 upvotes
anyone know how low the refurbs get? would i be able to get a better deal if i wait until the holidays?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2372 posts
5224 upvotes
Markham
These refurbs are a lottery. Some might come like-new, but the one I ordered was visibly used. Other RFDers also seem to have gotten used ones.

These are definitely not like Apple refurbs, so just go in with the right expectations.
Newbie
Jan 19, 2011
52 posts
61 upvotes
My family has always had a weird fetish for dust busters and carpet sweepers. Much lighter and handy for quick jobs. Cheap, too!
Jr. Member
Oct 25, 2013
147 posts
243 upvotes
martychan1985 wrote: How is the battery? People on eBay reporting 20-30 minutes of use instead of the 40 that is promised?
There are 2 different modes for suction, regular and max power. Battery obviously dies on max power. Also people noted that if not in use and leaving it on the charging station it slow kills the battery life. I have a refurbished V7, last on average 30 mins on regular suction
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
1150 posts
300 upvotes
Dave510 wrote: These refurbs are a lottery. Some might come like-new, but the one I ordered was visibly used. Other RFDers also seem to have gotten used ones.

These are definitely not like Apple refurbs, so just go in with the right expectations.
Aside from possibly getting one that looks visibly used, did any RFDers have any issues with these refurbished Dysons?
-falconR

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)