• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2020 6:35 pm
[OP]
Oct 27, 2012
839 posts
809 upvotes
Toronto

Dyson Canada - Refund Experience?

I returned an item to Dyson Canada back on June 1st, they sent a Purolator label and I sent it out the same day. Arrived next day on their end.

A month later, no refund has been issued. Now, I recognize that Dyson says refunds may take up to 30 days. Other companies will also say refund takes X days (e.g. Apple), but my experience is that it normally hits within a day or two of them receiving the return. I sent them an email and got a generic copy pasta reply.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with Dyson?
11 replies
Sep 8, 2019
7 posts
2 upvotes
@ozzie16 Same experience. I refused a refurbished delivery, since that is the only way to return a refurbished product. They got the package back on June 17, but still waiting for the refund. Might be because COVID delays but who knows. I know I haven't waited as long as you, but still seems odd to me. Like you said, most companies process it much faster.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
2427 posts
2060 upvotes
GTA
If their call centre is open give them a call. I sent a defective receiver back to Starchoice once and they forgot to log it in their system. I called when they charged me for not returning it. They had to look for it and found it later that day.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2137 posts
1064 upvotes
London
call and see what they say. if they don't process the refund u can call and file a charge back visa and mastercard only require u to wait 15 days from when the item is returned to dispute the charge.
[OP]
Oct 27, 2012
839 posts
809 upvotes
Toronto
Follow up:

Called, and emailed them repeatedly and was repeatedly told someone would follow up with me, but no one did. What a mess with no one able to even acknowledge they received the item (even though tracking shows it was delivered). That’s forgetting it took 3 emails and a week for them to actually give me a shipping label when I asked for a return.

It is now close to two months since sending the item back, with no refund. I gave them one last opportunity to issue the refund or give me a timeline before I file a chargeback.

I strongly caution anyone from purchasing from dyson.ca if there’s even a remote chance you’ll return the item, as this has been one of the worst return experiences I’ve had of any retailer.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2007
3593 posts
709 upvotes
I am pretty sure you will get the refund, maybe delays and workers furlough, etc??

Cause my warranty experience with them is exceptional.
[OP]
Oct 27, 2012
839 posts
809 upvotes
Toronto
Well, Dyson finally sent me an email merely acknowledging they received my return. Only 2 months after it arrived at their address and numerous emails/calls. :facepalm:

They now advise me that it may take another 30 days for them to actually issue the refund. Neutral Face
[OP]
Oct 27, 2012
839 posts
809 upvotes
Toronto
Well, finally got the refund from Dyson. Only took two full months. :rolleyes:

Suffice it to say it’s not likely that I’ll buy from Dyson direct again if I can get it for the same price elsewhere.
Apr 1, 2015
755 posts
430 upvotes
Scxm Free Zone
Two months is quite long. That's ridiculous.

Not to mention that bissell, shark and some foreign brands all have products as good (okay maybe not quite) for a lower price (on vacuum cleaner and such)
Zoomer Wireless happy new customer:
800 mins + 5G LTE data for $36 + $100 new activation credit + $50 credit

Do your part to end the monopoly. Every little bit helps.
Nov 24, 2015
35 posts
13 upvotes
Same thing happened to me. I refused to take delivery of my order because Purolator didn't ring my door so I have to drive back and forth 2hours to pick up my package so no thanks. They received the package since 21st August, we are not almost 21st September. I found out last week that they never submitted a request for a refund. They said I should get a reply within 3 to 5 business days... Not a refund they clearly stated but a reply. This is why big companies like Amazon has a amazing customer experience. Easy returns and quick refunds.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14177 posts
5375 upvotes
Ottawa
crap. I wish I saw this thread. I'm getting ready to return one of their $$$ lamps. Not looking forward to fighting with them to get my refund
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14177 posts
5375 upvotes
Ottawa
Ok, update. I returned a Dyson Lightcycle Morph lamp. They received it on a Saturday and I got the refund a bit over a week later (9 days). Maybe they are better staffed now.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.