Tags:
None
20 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2007
1356 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
Does this ever go on sale? Or is this one of those ones that is typically just standard price and the only discount is refurb?
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2006
4654 posts
126 upvotes
Oakville
If anyone needs one, I have a brand new, never opened (not refurb) one for sale with receipt and warranty for $700. It's also the gift edition that comes with a travel pouch! PM me if you're interested.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2005
1091 posts
922 upvotes
Calgary
jumperson22 wrote: Does this ever go on sale? Or is this one of those ones that is typically just standard price and the only discount is refurb?
Best deal I've seen was the refurb on eBay with a 20% off coupon you could stack
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2487 posts
1775 upvotes
Calgary
The best way to buy these in my opinion is at Shoppers during a 20x points event. I did that last summer. If you value the PC points like cash (I personally do), you get a brand new Airwrap at a better price than the refurb.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3587 posts
3171 upvotes
Toronto
jumperson22 wrote: Does this ever go on sale? Or is this one of those ones that is typically just standard price and the only discount is refurb?
Got mine for 405 complete set
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3472 posts
1526 upvotes
Vancouver
I had to check back and got the same refurb Complete off of ebay (Dyson's official store) for $450+tax exactly a year ago.

Just posting it here for reference.

EDIT: Actually it's still there on ebay for $470 + tax. Why not buy it there?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/174705663854?ha ... SwrVJghk4k
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2007
1356 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
jarfgames wrote: The best way to buy these in my opinion is at Shoppers during a 20x points event. I did that last summer. If you value the PC points like cash (I personally do), you get a brand new Airwrap at a better price than the refurb.
That's a great idea! I heard the challenge becomes with the fact that they are never in stock. Anyone know of a way to check stock like stocktrack.ca? Looking at the sale of the refurb and the Shoppers Price, I'm seeing the following calculation:

eBay Refurb:
$469.99 x 13% HST (ON) = $531.09

Shoppers with 20x PCO Points:
$699.99 x 13% HST (ON) = $790.99
PCO Points = 10,485 x 20x = 209,700 = $209.70 in value
End Price: $790.99 - $209.70 = $581.29

So the question becomes is it better to get brand new at $581.29 or refurb from Dyson directly (ebay) for $531.09 (a $50.20 difference)?

Thoughts?
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2487 posts
1775 upvotes
Calgary
jumperson22 wrote: That's a great idea! I heard the challenge becomes with the fact that they are never in stock. Anyone know of a way to check stock like stocktrack.ca? Looking at the sale of the refurb and the Shoppers Price, I'm seeing the following calculation:

eBay Refurb:
$469.99 x 13% HST (ON) = $531.09

Shoppers with 20x PCO Points:
$699.99 x 13% HST (ON) = $790.99
PCO Points = 10,485 x 20x = 209,700 = $209.70 in value
End Price: $790.99 - $209.70 = $581.29

So the question becomes is it better to get brand new at $581.29 or refurb from Dyson directly (ebay) for $531.09 (a $50.20 difference)?

Thoughts?
I think if you’re buying this as a gift, the new one is the way to go (nothing says Happy Mothers Day / Birthday / Anniversary like a refurbished hair product). If you’re buying for yourself, then I’d say the refurb at a discounted price becomes an option.
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2007
1356 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
jarfgames wrote: I think if you’re buying this as a gift, the new one is the way to go (nothing says Happy Mothers Day / Birthday / Anniversary like a refurbished hair product). If you’re buying for yourself, then I’d say the refurb at a discounted price becomes an option.
Good callout. Anyone see inventory of this in the GTA? Or a product number I can call SDM about to have them check stock? Or maybe Dyson Airwrap is enough?
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2003
1133 posts
338 upvotes
It's included in the Sephora sales for 10-20% off that happen about 3x per year and they often have the giftsets with travel pouch and longer barrels for long hair.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2487 posts
1775 upvotes
Calgary
jumperson22 wrote: Good callout. Anyone see inventory of this in the GTA? Or a product number I can call SDM about to have them check stock? Or maybe Dyson Airwrap is enough?
When I bought the airwrap at SDM last year, I ordered it through their website. Note that if buying on their website you need to make sure it’s during a 20x promotion that applies to online purchases. I was also able to get a little bit of Rakuten $ back at that time too.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2004
2406 posts
751 upvotes
Any thoughts on this product? It seems pretty popular based on past RFD posts. I haven't pulled the trigger and would appreciate any first-hand use comments.

Thanks for the post OP. I wonder why the direct website is a higher price than the ebay ones. I noticed they are different colour options - maybe the dysoncanada.ca ones are the newer versions or colours?
Mar 26, 2009
340 posts
217 upvotes
Toronto
Capt. wrote: Any thoughts on this product? It seems pretty popular based on past RFD posts. I haven't pulled the trigger and would appreciate any first-hand use comments.

Thanks for the post OP. I wonder why the direct website is a higher price than the ebay ones. I noticed they are different colour options - maybe the dysoncanada.ca ones are the newer versions or colours?
Received one at Christmas as a gift. I have medium-long length, fine hair. I love the blow dryer which I find pretty quick, although my hair typically dries quickly to begin with. It's not as powerful as the actual Dyson blow dryer but does the job for me. The styling tools are great but do take some time to get used to/play with. Curls are pretty effortless and can be done in the time it takes to blow dry your hair. With my hair type, the curls don't stay too long but I'm also not testing with different hair products and I've got nowhere to go these days. Is it worth $700? Debatable. If you're already good with a round brush, curling wand, then the AirWrap will certainly up your technique and give you salon style blow-outs. Hair must be damp, so unless you plan to wash it every time you use it, suggest getting a spray bottle on the side.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2487 posts
1775 upvotes
Calgary
Capt. wrote: Any thoughts on this product? It seems pretty popular based on past RFD posts. I haven't pulled the trigger and would appreciate any first-hand use comments.

My wife was upset at first that I had spent so much money on a gift for her. Once she started using it, she loved it. I believe she would rank it as her favourite gift of all time.
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2007
1356 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know of any Shoppers Drug Marts in the GTA that actually sell this? I've called a few around Toronto, but nobody seems to carry it. TIA!
Jan 9, 2012
44 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto

I got it last year during BF from Shoppers Drug Mart with 20x the points + bonus redemption. I have natural curly/wavy medium-length hair which can get extremely frizzy if I don't take 1 hour to blowdry and style my hair. With this styler + brush attachment, I can get a shiny+bouncy hair in 15 minutes. God-sent product! I would have even bought this full price if I knew how much of a life changer it would be.
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2007
1356 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
jarfgames wrote: When I bought the airwrap at SDM last year, I ordered it through their website. Note that if buying on their website you need to make sure it’s during a 20x promotion that applies to online purchases. I was also able to get a little bit of Rakuten $ back at that time too.
Thank you for this information. I got the 20x points promo in my account just now and purchased the Dyson Airwrap Gift Edition from the SDM website. I went through Rakuten for an extra 1% cashback.

Total after taxes:
$790.99

PC Optimum Points: 209,700 = $209.70 (when redeeming as regular points without a redemption event)

Rakuten: 1% = $6.99 or $7.91 (if they count taxes)

Total Net Spend: $573.38

Refurb would have been: $531.09 (difference of $42.29). This way I get brand new and I get the Gift Edition!
Jul 11, 2006
16 posts
2 upvotes
Anyone interested in buying at a store, the Shoppers at Cornwall rd in Oakville has them. I picked up the long hair version today with 20x the points. They also had the mother’s day special edition one in stock.