Hot Deals

[Dyson] Dyson Official Outlet - V8B Cordless Vacuum, Colour may vary, Refurbished - $274.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2020 1:32 pm
Sep 26, 2015
518 posts
259 upvotes
Does this come with both heads? specifically the fluffy one meant for hard floors
Jan 27, 2020
2 posts
Would still like to understand whether this is really through the Dyson Official Outlet.. do they usually sell through e-bay? Just want to ensure it's legit for the warranty etc.
Jul 21, 2013
35 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
mark1937 wrote: I don't actually own one. I've used them 3 at different people's houses, not sure which versions. Every time I grabbed it right out of the charger, in one case I know for a fact it was brand new. In each case they lasted maybe 5 minutes, 10 tops. Maybe they were all on max mode.
Max mode probably, most models don't last longer than 5-10 minutes on that and are actually advertised as that.

Honestly, it's a bit weird that you're providing advice on a Dyson and you don't own one.
Dec 16, 2013
66 posts
38 upvotes
Burnaby
mark1937 wrote: I don't actually own one. I've used them 3 at different people's houses, not sure which versions. Every time I grabbed it right out of the charger, in one case I know for a fact it was brand new. In each case they lasted maybe 5 minutes, 10 tops. Maybe they were all on max mode.
Its unfortunate you couldn't provide more details such as model, mode, and/or charge time. It's too vague to glean any useful information that would help make a decision on this post's deal.

Anyone know how low in price has this model gone down to? Also thoughts on whether shelling out more for the v10 model worth the money or not?
Jul 15, 2019
116 posts
73 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
How are these vacuums in picking up things slightly larger than dust / hair? Things like crumbs, uncooked rice grains, nail clippings, and the like? Mostly on hard floors.

I opted for a cheaper Hoover stick vacuum a couple years ago ($150 at the time I think) and I was pretty disappointed with it. It didn’t pick up the above examples very well, usually takes a few passes over. Now I’m having an issue where the picked up dirt gets stuck in the head (seems the passage is easily congested) and doesn’t make its way to the cannister, so when I turn off the vacuum, a lot of the pieces fall out. Super annoying.
Oct 16, 2019
99 posts
76 upvotes
mark1937 wrote: No knock on anyone who has one but I've used multiple and the battery life generally sucks. Which makes sense since vacuums use a lot of power. What do you do when it knocks out mid-clean? It's not like you want to come back later after it's charged and finish the job. I would personally not buy this vs a corded vacuum. Maybe for a small condo. But definitely not anything bigger.
We picked up the v11h a couple months back and we get about 45 minutes in 'normal' mode. We use it in our 4000 sqft house and I've never had it die on me while vacuuming, however we typically don't clean the entire house in one swoop instead doing a floor per day type thing. It goes back on the charger when I am done that way it's always fully charged the next time we need it. We replaced a corded vacuum with the Dyson and we use the Dyson a LOT more than we used the corded as we would typically just grab the broom to clean up small messes like food crumbs from the kids but we now grab the Dyson.
Nov 18, 2004
383 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
The V7 origin is 199 and the V7 Trigger is $249 on Dyson's website. If I only want it for small cleanups (car, boat etc) then is the V8 that much of worthwhile upgrade to opt for a refurbed unit over 'new older model' from Dyson?
Apr 1, 2015
111 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Great deal, ordered one. Thanks OP!
Sep 16, 2010
841 posts
300 upvotes
Mississauga
kano777 wrote: Honestly, it's a bit weird that you're providing advice on a Dyson and you don't own one.
Haha, like most online users?
Back on topic, we also got our refurb version (V6?) from Ebay and loved it. Battery is still good after a few years and we usually use it for small sections of our house. We use the central vacuum for the whole house but this cordless one is so convenient for small jobs.
[OP]
Dec 13, 2010
8 posts
18 upvotes
BURNABY
“Would still like to understand whether this is really through the Dyson Official Outlet.. do they usually sell through e-bay? Just want to ensure it's legit for the warranty etc”

It is. You will get an email after from Dyson with confirmation of shipment and asking you to register the product with serial number provided in the description. I did and it told me the warranty is active now. It is legitimate Dyson.
Last edited by maksymg on Sep 21st, 2020 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Dec 13, 2010
8 posts
18 upvotes
BURNABY
“ Does this come with both heads? specifically the fluffy one meant for hard floors”

No, it does not. I plan to buy one from official store separately. You got extra $80 off, I guess it helps with buying that fluffy head ;)
Jun 12, 2012
180 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
I have done a little research about this vacuum before I order.. 4 out of 5 people are not happy ... why so many upvotes? is this really a good product because i cant see any good reviews!!
Dec 22, 2009
170 posts
103 upvotes
YYC
I registered mine on the Dyson's site if that helps
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2008
1586 posts
290 upvotes
Horrible battery on my v8h (used to last 20 min tops on regular, 1.5 min on high power) and dyson continued to give run around instead of exchanging it. Now it’s past the warranty period and the battery doesn’t even last 10 min. Definitely not buying Dyson again unless it’s from Costco for a stellar deal.