Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dyson

Dyson V15 Detect Cordless Vacuum (Refurbished) - $699.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2022 12:44 pm
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26011 posts
211307 upvotes
GTA

[Dyson] Dyson V15 Detect Cordless Vacuum (Refurbished) - $699.99

Dyson has the refurbished V15 Detect (with both the Torque cleaner head and the Laser Fluffy head) on for $799.99 (reg. $999.99) on their eBay outlet. I believe this is a fairly new addition to their refurb offerings as I don't recall seeing it before. Available for the same price at Best Buy and Walmart. Might interest those who need it now, otherwise bookmark this for the next 15% off Dyson eBay sale, lol.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/165687306524

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/Dyson-Offi ... QU54HW9TTV

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/re ... y/16529641

Edit:. This is now $699.99, but it's also available from Dyson directly for the same price, but with the newer digital motorbar head:

dyson-dyson-v15b-detect-cordless-vacuum ... 9-2573158/
Last edited by toguy on Oct 29th, 2022 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
71 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7282 posts
1820 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Dyson refurbs can be hit-or-miss. I never have much issues with the three that I got however (nothing that their warranty didn't cover at least).
There's a sucker born every minute.
Oct 14, 2007
613 posts
1303 upvotes
Thedford
I have the V11 outsize approaching 2 years of age. Have been pleased with its performance and battery life so far.

Given the V15 is slightly more powerful and assuming you receive a well refurbished unit, this is a good deal especially with the two power heads. Looks like it only comes with one click in battery but you could always purchase another. FWIW I can vacuum the entire house which is about 1800 square feet mixed rug, ceramic and hardwood flooring using one battery with time to spare. If I did not have the V11 I would purchase this.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26011 posts
211307 upvotes
GTA
darcyh wrote: I have the V11 outsize approaching 2 years of age. Have been pleased with its performance and battery life so far.

Given the V15 is slightly more powerful and assuming you receive a well refurbished unit, this is a good deal especially with the two power heads. Looks like it only comes with one click in battery but you could always purchase another. FWIW I can vacuum the entire house which is about 1800 square feet mixed rug, ceramic and hardwood flooring using one battery with time to spare. If I did not have the V11 I would purchase this.
Yes, only the current Outsize comes with 2 batteries. The other point if is you really need an extra, there are probably 3rd party options (cheaper and with potentially even higher battery capacity) available on Amazon/eBay. I had bought one for my old V8.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2017
1294 posts
1241 upvotes
toguy wrote: Yes, only the current Outsize comes with 2 batteries. The other point if is you really need an extra, there are probably 3rd party options (cheaper and with potentially even higher battery capacity) available on Amazon/eBay. I had bought one for my old V8.
Which battery did you buy for your V8, from where and price if you remember. I have a V8 refurb and a battery swap might be in the cards at some point.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
2324 posts
1309 upvotes
Which battery did you buy for your V8, from where and price if you remember. I have a V8 refurb and a battery swap might be in the cards at some point.
i did the same for both of my V8 refurbs, no regrets getting a 3rd party battery from amazon under $40 i think a few years back when the old batter died out. it's a new lease on life from 10-15 minutes to like 25-30 minutes of continuous use.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26011 posts
211307 upvotes
GTA
George613 wrote: Which battery did you buy for your V8, from where and price if you remember. I have a V8 refurb and a battery swap might be in the cards at some point.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B07XTH9JJH

Looks like I paid $68 before tax - it's even a bit cheaper now.

This is actually 50% more battery capacity than the original (there might be cheaper options with less / same capacity as original).
Mar 3, 2012
381 posts
202 upvotes
HAMILTON
Too bad we cant just buy the laser roller and put it on our older versions
Nov 2, 2003
454 posts
90 upvotes
Mississauga
toguy wrote: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B07XTH9JJH

Looks like I paid $68 before tax - it's even a bit cheaper now.

This is actually 50% more battery capacity than the original (there might be cheaper options with less / same capacity as original).
If you happen to have DeWalt (or Milwaukee or Makita) cordless tools, I highly recommend something like this. Got one for my v6 and it's a game changer...

https://www.amazon.ca/Battery-Batteries ... %3D&sr=8-4

S
Jan 31, 2007
427 posts
145 upvotes
Hamilton
How long does it usually take a model to hit refurbs?

I'm using a V10 now and it's 5.9lb which is already on the heavy side. Google says the V15 is even heavier at 6.8, but the V12 is only 4.8 so I'd like to hold out for that if I can. Don't have much carpet and I live in a condo so I can deal with less canister volume.
Looking for: Animorphs: 42, 44, 47, 48, 50, Battle Royale manga issue 15
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
1040 posts
1222 upvotes
Kingston
AdjutantAvocado wrote: Are these things actually worth $800 (or $1000 reg.)?
Oh most definitely!!! Amazing vacuums.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2012
5092 posts
5534 upvotes
Toronto
Skyline_Evo8 wrote: How long does it usually take a model to hit refurbs?

I'm using a V10 now and it's 5.9lb which is already on the heavy side. Google says the V15 is even heavier at 6.8, but the V12 is only 4.8 so I'd like to hold out for that if I can. Don't have much carpet and I live in a condo so I can deal with less canister volume.
im noticing the same issue. all the weight at a high centre of gravity puts a lot of strain on the wrist and palm. I'm looking into Miele or another brand where you can re-configure the motor position after my dyson dies
Dec 15, 2008
222 posts
129 upvotes
Victoria
Ordered a refurbished V8 a month ago off their eBay outlet. Complete garbage. Couldn't get the dust bin to release, parts dented and worn out more than any other refurb I've bought. Buyer beware for sure!
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26011 posts
211307 upvotes
GTA
Airborneforest wrote: Ordered a refurbished V8 a month ago off their eBay outlet. Complete garbage. Couldn't get the dust bin to release, parts dented and worn out more than any other refurb I've bought. Buyer beware for sure!
Also ordered my V8 as a refurb. Didn't have any issue with the condition or dust bin release mechanism, but I will say that the newer models have a much better designed dust bin release IMO. The V8 is also quite old now, and the newer models are quite a bit more powerful, so I'm not sure I'd buy one today if I was in the market. They are still selling the V8 brand new for $450 - $550 which is just crazy IMO, considering we've seen the V10 around that range when on sale.
Nov 2, 2003
454 posts
90 upvotes
Mississauga
No noticeable increase in "suction power". But a 5Ah or 4Ah DeWalt lasts longer than the Dyson compatible I was using (which was a third party battery with a higher Ah rating than the OEM battery). But the swapping is the key thing. So no more waiting to charge.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2012
5092 posts
5534 upvotes
Toronto
Airborneforest wrote: Ordered a refurbished V8 a month ago off their eBay outlet. Complete garbage. Couldn't get the dust bin to release, parts dented and worn out more than any other refurb I've bought. Buyer beware for sure!
my first V6 refurb also had the same issue. emailed dyson and then they just mailed me a new one under warranty.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2008
1318 posts
1194 upvotes
Bought mine brand new and I upgraded from the V6 and it's totally worth it!
The laser really makes you want to vacuum in places you don't usually do.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)