• Jan 2nd, 2018 12:42 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2007
1631 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
zumi78878 wrote: Absolute has both the motor head (for carpet) and the soft roller head (for hardwood) but animal has only the motor head.
Ok thanks looks like Aboslute is better buy
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2011
1351 posts
387 upvotes
Vancouver
that $191 v6B on ebay was the best price so far and I missed out on it. Hope Dyson does it again with another batch.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
4833 posts
3321 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Torontogeekster wrote: i missed the hair dryer on black friday. anyone see the same deal? 319 cdn?
Yah I missed out too but couldn't find anywhere that have it for $319 for boxing day.
Current Fido and Rogers customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Feb 28, 2011
262 posts
397 upvotes
ottawa
zumi78878 wrote: PM at lowes for another 10% off, making this $522 + tax
https://www.lowes.ca/handheld-stick-vac ... 96632.html
They will not beat the price

Competitor close-out, errors or misprints, discontinued, clearance, liquidation, special order, damaged items, delivery, assembly, financing offers, Cyber Monday prices, Black Friday prices, Boxing Day/Week, restricted offers, mail order offers, rebates, coupons, premiums, free or bonus offers, and limited or minimum quantity offers, and installation labour are excluded from this offer.
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2003
10232 posts
3311 upvotes
Ottawa
gambino3005 wrote: That one is the slim
Can you please provide a link? I am not seeing the V6, slim or not, for $270 on the Canadian Tire website.
[removed]
Oct 28, 2004
358 posts
117 upvotes
Did the sale end for the V7 animal pro? Missed the sale during BF and looks like I missed it again!
Aug 27, 2006
749 posts
303 upvotes
Delta
tropicana wrote: Did the sale end for the V7 animal pro? Missed the sale during BF and looks like I missed it again!
Looks like the V7 Animal Pro didn't go on sale for $349 again. We are actually returning ours, as I picked up the V8 Absolute instead. The soft roller head is a must if you have hardwood floors.
:twisted: In order to save money, you must spend money. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1439 posts
194 upvotes
Winnipeg
BrianJai wrote: Ok thanks looks like Aboslute is better buy
the frustrating thing is there's no option to get the soft head only. i don't have any carpet in my house, so i really wanted the soft bristle brush for the laminate floors/tile, which forced me into the absolute. don't get me wrong, i'm quite happy with the vacuum, i used it as my main vacuum and can easily do the entire house on one charge, but i have a nearly $200 motor head collecting dust for no reason...
Aug 27, 2006
749 posts
303 upvotes
Delta
kamascottra wrote: the frustrating thing is there's no option to get the soft head only. i don't have any carpet in my house, so i really wanted the soft bristle brush for the laminate floors/tile, which forced me into the absolute. don't get me wrong, i'm quite happy with the vacuum, i used it as my main vacuum and can easily do the entire house on one charge, but i have a nearly $200 motor head collecting dust for no reason...
This is probably strategic by Dyson. Modern homes (or those more recently renovated) typically have hardwood floors and their research probably indicates those customers are more likely to be able to afford the top end model. So, Dyson pigeon holes those customers into spending the most to get what they need, leaving budget options for other customers.
Dec 22, 2008
404 posts
44 upvotes
I currently have a DC35 that is almost dead.

I am looking at upgrading but not sure what to do. Is the V6 a good price? I have been happy with my DC35 and not sure I can justify the price difference for the V8 Absolute. Or should I be waiting for a different sale? Mostly laminate floor with a bit of carpet.
Aug 27, 2006
749 posts
303 upvotes
Delta
sotypical wrote: I currently have a DC35 that is almost dead.

I am looking at upgrading but not sure what to do. Is the V6 a good price? I have been happy with my DC35 and not sure I can justify the price difference for the V8 Absolute. Or should I be waiting for a different sale? Mostly laminate floor with a bit of carpet.
My wife bought the V7 Animal Pro, tried it, found it didn't do well on laminate even though its supposed to have an every type of surface head attachment. We went back and bought the absolute
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1439 posts
194 upvotes
Winnipeg
Spud387 wrote: This is probably strategic by Dyson. Modern homes (or those more recently renovated) typically have hardwood floors and their research probably indicates those customers are more likely to be able to afford the top end model. So, Dyson pigeon holes those customers into spending the most to get what they need, leaving budget options for other customers.
i don't believe anything like this is ever an oversight or accident so yup, they for sure crunched the numbers and figured if they list the soft brush head for 200bux on their website, people will just spend the extra 150 to get the absolute
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1931 posts
561 upvotes
Scarborough
anyone go through ebates get their cashback credited yet?
Koodo
Tangerine
Simplii
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2006
2145 posts
232 upvotes
Thornhill
supremekai wrote: anyone go through ebates get their cashback credited yet?
I got it like a few hours after the purchase of a V8 which was really quick.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1931 posts
561 upvotes
Scarborough
Myv wrote: I got it like a few hours after the purchase of a V8 which was really quick.
Product arrived and ebates cb still doesn't show up on my account
Koodo
Tangerine
Simplii
Dec 25, 2012
988 posts
352 upvotes
Toronto
People that have the v6 and v7 how do you feel they perform in hardwood and tile?
JS