• Jan 2nd, 2018 12:42 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2006
2145 posts
232 upvotes
Thornhill
supremekai wrote: Product arrived and ebates cb still doesn't show up on my account
You can report missing transaction with the link ID, can find that in the click history.
Dec 24, 2011
93 posts
26 upvotes
sotypical wrote: I currently have a DC35 that is almost dead.

I am looking at upgrading but not sure what to do. Is the V6 a good price? I have been happy with my DC35 and not sure I can justify the price difference for the V8 Absolute. Or should I be waiting for a different sale? Mostly laminate floor with a bit of carpet.
How long did it last you? I thought for the absurd prices they'd at least last a while.
gambino3005 wrote: http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/dyson ... p.html#srp

doesnt list on sale anymore online but I saw a bunch at the front of the store today
I checked in-store and didn't see this deal either. Either it's expired or YMMV.
Mar 27, 2009
38 posts
6 upvotes
New Westminster, BC
For those considering the V8 Absolute - Costco US has an exclusive model the V8 Total Clean - it has absolutely it ten attachments if I recall. Including:
12V Car charger
Soft roller cleaner head
Direct drive cleaner head
Combination tool
Crevice tool
Mini soft dusting brush
Mini motorized tool
Mattress tool
Up-top adaptor tool
Flexi-crevice tool
Extension hose
Stiff bristle brush
Tool bag

It's on sale for 409.99 ($140 off). About $550 Canadian including taxes and exchange - ordered mine two days ago and shipped yesterday. I know it's a bit more of a pain to pick up in the US but for slightly cheaper you get endless attachments and a beautiful royal blue colour. For something that will last this long I thought it was the better deal.

https://www.costco.com/Dyson-V8-Total-C ... 83904.html
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
21872 posts
162350 upvotes
GTA
sotypical wrote: I currently have a DC35 that is almost dead.

I am looking at upgrading but not sure what to do. Is the V6 a good price? I have been happy with my DC35 and not sure I can justify the price difference for the V8 Absolute. Or should I be waiting for a different sale? Mostly laminate floor with a bit of carpet.
Had a DC35 as well that stopped working (after 7 years). Wound up getting the V8 Absolute (refurb from their eBay store mind you, almost $150 cheaper than this at the time) for cleaning the main floor (mainly hardwood/tile) and vacuuming our cars and it's amazing. Definitely feels like it has full-size power; the DC35 is like one of those small Dirt Devil/Black & Decker dustbusters in comparison. Keep an eye on the refurb store in case anything comes up that you might be interested in. Sometimes eBay sends out coupons that you can apply on top for extra savings.

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/dysoncanada/m.h ... pg=&_from=
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1439 posts
194 upvotes
Winnipeg
Chimpanzee wrote: For those considering the V8 Absolute - Costco US has an exclusive model the V8 Total Clean - it has absolutely it ten attachments if I recall. Including:
12V Car charger
Soft roller cleaner head
Direct drive cleaner head
Combination tool
Crevice tool
Mini soft dusting brush
Mini motorized tool
Mattress tool
Up-top adaptor tool
Flexi-crevice tool
Extension hose
Stiff bristle brush
Tool bag

It's on sale for 409.99 ($140 off). About $550 Canadian including taxes and exchange - ordered mine two days ago and shipped yesterday. I know it's a bit more of a pain to pick up in the US but for slightly cheaper you get endless attachments and a beautiful royal blue colour. For something that will last this long I thought it was the better deal.

https://www.costco.com/Dyson-V8-Total-C ... 83904.html
funny that the color of a vacuum would matter, but man that looks better than the yellow i've got...
Dec 24, 2011
93 posts
26 upvotes
toguy wrote: Had a DC35 as well that stopped working (after 7 years). Wound up getting the V8 Absolute (refurb from their eBay store mind you, almost $150 cheaper than this at the time) for cleaning the main floor (mainly hardwood/tile) and vacuuming our cars and it's amazing. Definitely feels like it has full-size power; the DC35 is like one of those small Dirt Devil/Black & Decker dustbusters in comparison. Keep an eye on the refurb store in case anything comes up that you might be interested in. Sometimes eBay sends out coupons that you can apply on top for extra savings.

Really sucks that the refurbished vacuums are 1 year warranty, though. Vacuums are notorious for crapping out on you after a couple years. For something this expensive, and if these are refurbished by the manufacturer, why can't they offer the full 5 year warranty?
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2011
1351 posts
387 upvotes
Vancouver
if the v6 comes back on, can someone let me know ? Thanks. Also how is it for carpeted rental units?
Mar 27, 2009
38 posts
6 upvotes
New Westminster, BC
tevstevs wrote: Really sucks that the refurbished vacuums are 1 year warranty, though. Vacuums are notorious for crapping out on you after a couple years. For something this expensive, and if these are refurbished by the manufacturer, why can't they offer the full 5 year warranty?
I think the V6,7&8 only have a two year warranty. Credit card purchase extends this by a year for me (doubles original warranty to a max of plus one year). This also was why I went with Costco just in case (vs buying with credit card points). Returnable forever!
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1439 posts
194 upvotes
Winnipeg
tevstevs wrote: Really sucks that the refurbished vacuums are 1 year warranty, though. Vacuums are notorious for crapping out on you after a couple years. For something this expensive, and if these are refurbished by the manufacturer, why can't they offer the full 5 year warranty?
warranties cost money. people don't want to pay full price for refurbs. it costs MORE to sell a refurb(since they paid for the product manufacture, AND the refurb process). chances are most of the savings comes from the lower warranty.

personally, i've never had a vacuum stop working when used appropriately. i thought a wrecked one sucking up all the drywall dust during a basement reno, but i just clogged up the filter real good.
Dec 22, 2008
404 posts
44 upvotes
tevstevs wrote: How long did it last you? I thought for the absurd prices they'd at least last a while.
About 5 years. I can still use but it cuts out after a 1-2 minutes. Then you hit the trigger again and it works for like 30 seconds - I was just doing this over and over until my hand got sore and my mess was cleaned up. Seems to be a common problem, there are hacks and fixes, I tried a couple but gave up. A new battery may have also fixed it but I didn't want to spend $50 to find out.
Dec 22, 2008
404 posts
44 upvotes
toguy wrote: Had a DC35 as well that stopped working (after 7 years). Wound up getting the V8 Absolute (refurb from their eBay store mind you, almost $150 cheaper than this at the time) for cleaning the main floor (mainly hardwood/tile) and vacuuming our cars and it's amazing. Definitely feels like it has full-size power; the DC35 is like one of those small Dirt Devil/Black & Decker dustbusters in comparison. Keep an eye on the refurb store in case anything comes up that you might be interested in. Sometimes eBay sends out coupons that you can apply on top for extra savings.

Picked up the V8 on the weekend. AMAZING. I didn't think there would be that much of a difference but there is! WOW! The DC35 did what I wanted but there was a couple tasks it didn't do so well at (cleaning under the couch cushions was one) but the V8 handles it like a champ. Happy I spend the extra over the V6. Just hope it lasts longer than 5 years for the cost of it - to be fair, I use it almost daily though.