• Jan 13th, 2019 2:56 am
Tags:
Nov 20, 2018
19 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
EdisonL299 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 4:36 pm
All my previous orders were cancelled but so weird that I just got the confirmation email. Lol...

I called and asked. The rep said the financial department called my card issuer (Amex) and confirmed it was me, then they overwrote the system and processed the order.

Thank god.

My setup was V10 Animal + Soft roller head + floor dok. I paid $559 plus taxes. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye
Same here. I got order confirmation for mine at 3 am last night randomly. Haven't called to check and make sure it's shipping with the soft roller and dok but checking the order number for those two seem to be active. I initially went for the motorhead but now I kind of wish I went for the animal as well. Bigger bin, better torque drive floor attachment, as well as the mini motorized tool that seems like it'd be nice for the computer chairs and vehicle.. With all the hassle up until this point i'm not sure it's worth the effort to switch haha.
Aug 18, 2009
251 posts
91 upvotes
Barrie
qwertyuio wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 1:47 pm
V10 battery lasts 15 yrs v8 battery 2-3 yrs
I'd love to know where you're getting this info. I've never read that anywhere and I've read a ton of reviews comparing the two.
Feb 6, 2017
950 posts
437 upvotes
dwydl27 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 6:01 pm
So i bought the v10 absolute for 20% off with free dok on Black Friday, already received the vacuum and still waiting for the dok and free attachment, seeing the v10 animal + soft roller + free dok (essentially same as what I got except for $80 less) makes me regret a bit , wondering if anyone in my boat has tried calling and get the $80 difference refunded?
Nope but I'm going to call in to cancel my V10 Absolute order with the free Dok for $639 (20% off). I *may* reconsider if they can refund me the $80 difference, otherwise it would not bother me at the slightest if I end up returning everything for a full refund. I'll let you know if they offer the $80 difference lol.

I already have an older Dyson Ball Vacuum for my upstairs (which still does an excellent job) and a cordless vac for the main floor, both do an adequate job so this V10 would be a luxury item, something that I don't really need.
Aug 8, 2018
13 posts
7 upvotes
Tango013 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 6:42 pm
I'd love to know where you're getting this info. I've never read that anywhere and I've read a ton of reviews comparing the two.

Watch this video... Nicely compared... Abt battery you can jump after 4:00
Nov 21, 2018
25 posts
12 upvotes
HN12345 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 7:06 pm
Nope but I'm going to call in to cancel my V10 Absolute order with the free Dok for $639 (20% off). I *may* reconsider if they can refund me the $80 difference, otherwise it would not bother me at the slightest if I end up returning everything for a full refund. I'll let you know if they offer the $80 difference lol.

I already have an older Dyson Ball Vacuum for my upstairs (which still does an excellent job) and a cordless vac for the main floor, both do an adequate job so this V10 would be a luxury item, something that I don't really need.
I've called because they cancelled my order. More of that weird cancelling stuff and the price I bought it at was not a deal. Told by email that it would two business days to get the pre-auth hold put back. They tried to blame my bank essentially. Tried again on Friday morning, complained, told them I had the amount, the date and time of the withdrawal of the original order and the cancellation email and that my bank had opened an investigation as to why my money had not been returned yet. Told that if I sent something, which I did, as confirmation the supervisor would get it through on Friday. Still no money. I will be filing a complaint regardless for this. On a side note my customer service rep was really good.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2005
2330 posts
280 upvotes
ncr
what color are we getting? does it depend if it's absolute, animal or motorhead?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3702 posts
2531 upvotes
Markham
Tango013 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 6:42 pm
This is the source.
Nov 28, 2018
2 posts
I bought v 10 motor head, received dok, soft roller and the mini motorized head! Call and Aks!
[OP]
Dec 26, 2012
397 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
I am really enjoying the upgraded V10 over my previous stick vacuums.

Costly, yes, so hopefully this lasts for years to come.

DOK is supposed to arrive this week.

Going to put it on display in our window like the leg lamp in A Christmas Story. ;)
Nov 21, 2016
15 posts
2 upvotes
Confirmed it still works, just called and asked for this same deal right now: V10 Animal, Floor Dok, Soft Brush Attachment for $632 taxes in
Aug 18, 2009
251 posts
91 upvotes
Barrie
qwertyuio wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 7:54 pm

Watch this video... Nicely compared... Abt battery you can jump after 4:00
Crazy this was the first review I watched that actually mentioned the difference in battery. Thanks! I called today and was able to get the v10 animal and dok for 559 +tax and she said just keep the free soft roller they sent me for the v8.
Nov 19, 2018
4 posts
Confirmed! Just spoke with them on the phone. They were offering the V10 Absolute with the Floor Dok, but I insisted to get the V10 Animal with the soft roller separately (which is $100 less). The soft rollers are not in stock, but will be shipped when the get them.

To get the 20% discount you need to have a Dyson a product registered. Luckily I had one that I bought 4 years ago but got rid of.

All together was $627 taxes in.
Oct 22, 2001
294 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
What’s the warranty for the V10? I thought I read somewhere it’s 5 years but maybe it’s a typo? It’s not clear from even Dyson’s own website
Turning off all RFD notifications... because all of it is eating up the 10 GB I got from Koodo.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
1597 posts
443 upvotes
jase wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 10:14 am
What’s the warranty for the V10? I thought I read somewhere it’s 5 years but maybe it’s a typo? It’s not clear from even Dyson’s own website
I just got my warranty notification - looks like it's 2 years.
Sep 24, 2015
40 posts
12 upvotes
Calgary
Call dyson this morning and they refund me the $80 difference between the absolute and animal