• Jan 13th, 2019 2:56 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
1247 posts
810 upvotes
HN12345 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 3:02 pm
I would keep trying if you really want to keep the V10. I'm going to call in later after work, if they deny the $80 difference refund then I'm just going to return the whole shebang. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I don't really *need* this vacuum so either a great deal or nothing. It'll be on them if they want to keep the sale, no loss on my part except for the time wasted.
I'm in the same boat. My family wants me to return it anyway. So will call after work. If they agree, great. If not, will return it.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5087 posts
292 upvotes
Markham
RedBull2001 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 9:26 am
Confirmed! Just spoke with them on the phone. They were offering the V10 Absolute with the Floor Dok, but I insisted to get the V10 Animal with the soft roller separately (which is $100 less). The soft rollers are not in stock, but will be shipped when the get them.

To get the 20% discount you need to have a Dyson a product registered. Luckily I had one that I bought 4 years ago but got rid of.

All together was $627 taxes in.
lucky...just tried, wont budge on the animal and throwing in dok + soft roller head
Sep 24, 2015
40 posts
12 upvotes
Calgary
StewKatz wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 2:32 pm
Yup - same here. She said she'd put in the request for a refund. As she was putting in the request, I asked her, "When you say request, does it mean it still needs to be approved or that it would go through for sure?" and she confirmed that it was already approved by her manager and that it was just a matter of entering into the system to be processed shortly. I did get an email, however, indicating that I wanted to make a return. She said it was normal and although I'm not actually making a return, it was proof that the request was put through, although the email is actually very generic and doesn't contain any reference numbers or refund amount... I guess I'll wait a few more days and if I see nothing, I'll call them back.
How long did it take you to get the confirmation email? I called early this morning and still haven’t seen the email
Dec 24, 2015
176 posts
232 upvotes
Have a old v6, looking to upgrade.

What is the best combo I should be calling in and requesting for rn?

Thanks!
Apr 11, 2010
59 posts
36 upvotes
Montreal
dwydl27 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 4:04 pm
How long did it take you to get the confirmation email? I called early this morning and still haven’t seen the email
Got it while I was still on the phone with CS. So I decide to pick up the phone and call CS earlier to follow up and they confirmed that the refund request is still there but could take up to one full billing cycle before the refund shows up on my CC. Something to do with the fact that it’s a partial refund vs an actual complete refund/return.
Sep 24, 2015
40 posts
12 upvotes
Calgary
StewKatz wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 4:25 pm
Got it while I was still on the phone with CS. So I decide to pick up the phone and call CS earlier to follow up and they confirmed that the refund request is still there but could take up to one full billing cycle before the refund shows up on my CC. Something to do with the fact that it’s a partial refund vs an actual complete refund/return.
Thanks man, now I do remember the CS mentioned full billing cycle on the phone, guess I’ll give them end of today and will call in tomorrow morning if I don’t get email by then
Nov 19, 2018
4 posts
adeel wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 3:59 pm
lucky...just tried, wont budge on the animal and throwing in dok + soft roller head
Try again, probably depends on the CSR. Make sure that you have a Dyson product registration under your name though, as they do this as part of their customer royalty deal.
Oct 2, 2012
273 posts
169 upvotes
Ottawa
RedBull2001 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 4:47 pm
Try again, probably depends on the CSR. Make sure that you have a Dyson product registration under your name though, as they do this as part of their customer royalty deal.
I wonder if I can buy a V6 and register it. Then wait a couple days and call a CSR to try and get the "upgrade" deal? If I get shipping confirmation of the deal then take back the V6 for a full refund.

Don't hate the player ... hate the game ;)
Sep 24, 2015
40 posts
12 upvotes
Calgary
Barn01 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 4:54 pm
I wonder if I can buy a V6 and register it. Then wait a couple days and call a CSR to try and get the "upgrade" deal? If I get shipping confirmation of the deal then take back the V6 for a full refund.

Don't hate the player ... hate the game ;)
Not sure if that’s necessary, I claim I have had multiple dyson products in the past but never registered or needed any warranty claim (which was also true), they went ahead and gave me the 20% discount
Feb 6, 2017
956 posts
439 upvotes
Update: Called in expecting to cancel to get a full refund on my V10 Absolute + Dok for 20% off at $639. This wasn't a bluff as I would've returned it at this price.

I started off the call by asking how she's doing and we got off to a nice and friendly vibe. I explained my situation that I bought the V10 on impulse and am considering a full return, however I've read that others were able to get the same deal pretty much for $569; being the V10 Animal + Soft Roller + Dok.

She then asked if I was an existing Dyson customer which I said I was as I have an old Dyson DC 25 and also a refurbished handheld. She asked for the serial # of one of those products which I provided. She said that I had already received a 20% discount on my V10 Absolute which was only for existing customers. I had to politely explain again that others were able to get the V10 Animal + Soft Roller + Dok for $569.99 and I thought I'd ask if she could do anything regarding this before I make the return.

She placed me on hold for a good 10 minutes to speak with her manager and came back saying that the manager has approved a $80 refund onto my credit card. So with this, I decided to take the deal, I've been on the fence about this all week but this extra $80 off kept me on their side. I thanked her for keeping me as a Dyson customer. My wallet is still $640 lighter but I'll try to make good use of this machine for years to come.

Thanks RFDers!
Last edited by HN12345 on Dec 3rd, 2018 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5087 posts
292 upvotes
Markham
RedBull2001 wrote:
So tried again..didn’t look promising at first but csr/manager came through.

For all, per the CSR, and take with a grain of salt if you wish, but today is the last day they are able to offer this deal (ie: 20% off plus free dok and soft roller on the animal).
Feb 6, 2017
956 posts
439 upvotes
adeel wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 5:26 pm
So tried again..didn’t look promising at first but csr/manager came through.

For all, per the CSR, and take with a grain of salt if you wish, but today is the last day they are able to offer this deal (ie: 20% off plus free dok and soft roller on the animal).
Yep, the key is to be nice and polite to the CSR but your goal is to get them to consult with their manager who has approval power.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
2248 posts
850 upvotes
Sudbury
Received my V10 and Dok today...still no sign of the Soft Roller....

Anyone else in the same boat as me?

I saw one person state the Soft Roller is out of stock at the moment?

Has anyone here who ordered the V10+Dok+Soft Roller only received the V10+Dok?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5087 posts
292 upvotes
Markham
so , i ordered today (after CSR got manager approval to get the deal)...no original confirmation email, but about 30 min later i got a cancellation email...i got a crdit card alert of an intl transaction, but otherwise seems like it processed ok

any idea what the potential issue may be?

too late to call today, so now i have tomorrow
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2006
1221 posts
311 upvotes
Well my V8 animal came in today. Just missing my soft roller and extension hose. Hopefully they show up soon.