Tags:
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2017
1044 posts
529 upvotes
ca_gascon wrote:
Dec 9th, 2018 4:05 am
This is RFD.
Lol true. I've decided to keep this thing after all, it's a nice upgrade and has great versatility especially for the stairs, car, hard to reach crevasses, even the mattress. Going to toss the other vacs to the basement. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers by this impulse purchase.
Jul 2, 2016
23 posts
14 upvotes
I got the V10 Animal plus soft roller for $399 plus taxes... Took a bit of effort but was well worth it, now waiting for the stuff to be shipped..
Jun 20, 2010
944 posts
582 upvotes
HN12345 wrote:
Dec 9th, 2018 12:48 pm
Lol true. I've decided to keep this thing after all, it's a nice upgrade and has great versatility especially for the stairs, car, hard to reach crevasses, even the mattress.
I don't like using this on my car because the trigger has to be pressed to keep it running and so cumbersome lugging it inside the cabin. I find wired vacuums with long hoses are more appropriate for detailing.
Jan 14, 2011
17 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
WakyHsieh wrote:
Dec 9th, 2018 12:40 pm
Hi, can anyone that has received their soft roller answer me a question? There is a curve line on my soft roller cover, where the Dyson logo is, is this normal or a crack?
It's on mine too Waky - I think it's standard
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
2271 posts
865 upvotes
Sudbury
deejay008 wrote:
Dec 9th, 2018 1:40 pm
I got the V10 Animal plus soft roller for $399 plus taxes... Took a bit of effort but was well worth it, now waiting for the stuff to be shipped..
How did you get the V10 Animal ($699.99) for $300 off and a Free Soft Roller?

Please explain
Nov 20, 2018
22 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
ca_gascon wrote:
Dec 9th, 2018 2:35 pm
I don't like using this on my car because the trigger has to be pressed to keep it running and so cumbersome lugging it inside the cabin. I find wired vacuums with long hoses are more appropriate for detailing.
I think with the extension hose it's fine for in the car. Not necessarily for detailing but certainly more then capable for keeping your vehicle tidy.
Dec 6, 2014
15 posts
8 upvotes
Richmond Hill
henrypt wrote:
Dec 9th, 2018 2:37 pm
It's on mine too Waky - I think it's standard
Good to know, thanks!
Jan 4, 2015
37 posts
20 upvotes
London, ON
If anyone regrets their purchase I’m willing to take it off their hands. Let me know!
Jan 9, 2011
10 posts
Pickering/Toronto
This thread made me happy, then sad, then happy. I originally bought the V8 animal 399, then started reading here of people getting the v10 animal, dock and softroller for around 627-632 taxes in. Called in twice no luck, really just kept trying as someone had suggested until you get the right rep. I got one rep told them my friend got the offer she kept putting me on hold to go check with her manager but I eventually got it. First struggle was getting them to give me the v10 animal instead of absolute and still get the dock, second one was getting the soft roller but it all worked out in the end. Mind you I used having my V8 to get me the 20% discount, when my v10 arrives tomorrow I will return my v8
Jul 2, 2016
23 posts
14 upvotes
Actually I wanted V8, but they didn't have stock, they upgraded to V10. I guess got a bit lucky there, but I am yet to receive any shipping notification yet. Hopefully it ships...
Oct 17, 2011
17 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Hi all, coming late to the party, but thought I would share... I ordered a V7 Animal Pro during the pre-black friday sale, for $200 off. Paid $349.99; but after waiting a long time, they shipped a v8 total clean. Assuming they ran out of stock so they upgraded to the next model up? I see from other posts that v8 purchasers were getting upgraded to v10s. It's nice to see Dyson taking care of customers in this way (rather than cancelling orders outright).
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
3729 posts
1646 upvotes
Vancouver
thenew007 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 6:59 am
I'm selling my Dyson Dok BNIB in the Vancouver area. Let me know if anyone is interested.
I got the Dok from @thenew007 - thanks! It's great, I no longer have to search my apartment for pieces of my V10! :)

Ron.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2003
2841 posts
22 upvotes
ordered v8 absolute + free soft roller for 399.
Received the soft roller last week, called Dyson and they were looking into why the v8 didn’t ship.
Today received confirmation email that they substituted it for the v8 total clean? What is that.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2005
2354 posts
295 upvotes
ncr
have anyone tried vacuuming cooked food? what's the result? will it stick to the internal?
Jan 9, 2011
10 posts
Pickering/Toronto
I called in to return my v8 and got their auto email saying thank you for requesting a return but rep told me I have to wait 3 business days for the waybill to arrive in my email lol. Looked online and couldnt find anything supporting this, can someone confirm? Seems really odd for a company to take 3 business days to give me a way bill via email.