Dyson V8 Refurbished $300 + taxes

Deal Link:
Price:
$299
Savings:
$160
Retailer:
Dyson Refurbished
Through Walmart, Dyson Refurbished Store is selling the Dyson V8B for $299.99 + taxes with free shipping.

Goes on sale somewhat regularly for this price from the eBay Dyson Refurbished store as well
13 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2002
2087 posts
1125 upvotes
Midland
Tokenkid wrote: Are Dyson refurbish any good?
I don’t have one but I think I’ve read on here that its 50-50. Someone reported they got a unit that looked brand new . Someone else reported they got unit that looked it had been used 100s of times with scratches all over the main floor attachment. YMMV.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1795 posts
120 upvotes
Just got a v11 direct from Dyson. Unit is brand new. The accessories are basic though, didn’t even get an accessory clip for the wand. The only thing that looks used is the charger cord.
[OP]
Dec 17, 2016
92 posts
202 upvotes
comicbookguy wrote: Just got a v11 direct from Dyson. Unit is brand new. The accessories are basic though, didn’t even get an accessory clip for the wand. The only thing that looks used is the charger cord.
I think the attachments are determined by the lettering. I

It does come with a 1 year warranty as well. Not sure how returns work through the Walmart Dyson Refurbished store
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
2283 posts
816 upvotes
Calgary
As a person that has first hand experience with purchasing refurb dyson and had an issue with the battery, they provide first class service. I bought two refurished v8 from them , and one had a battery issue (other then that, the units looked brand new). I called dyson customer service and explained them what the issue was. They sent me a v10 brand new because they didnt have any more battery / v8 replacement. This kind of customer service sold me to never buy any other brand for vaccums again. As for the other V8 that didnt have any issues, its still going strong as of today with 3 years of use.

Also, I believe Dyson extends the warranty to 2 years if you register the product on their site.
Life is short make it long
Jul 17, 2007
647 posts
1330 upvotes
Milton,ON
Great warranty send me a brand new filter and battery right before the 2 year mark
THE HARDEST THING ABOUT SALES,IS KNOWING WHERE NOT TO WASTE TIME
Feb 21, 2008
424 posts
205 upvotes
Dyson Refurbs are hit or miss.

Dyson Customer Service is great, but you have to be willing to go through the hassle of contacting them and potentially going back and forth with them for hours perhaps even days.

My Refurb was a miss and Dyson Customer Service fixed my issues, but it took time and many calls/emails.
Feb 25, 2021
29 posts
22 upvotes
Bought a refurb V10 last year. Parts were 85% new - rod had very minor cosmetic blemishes (ie scratches). The cyclone (core) was however broken. Called customer service and they replaced it without much hassle - process was smooth and the rep was very well-trained/friendly.

Will definitely consider getting another refurb when needed.
Aug 21, 2019
232 posts
73 upvotes
So it's same price on Dyson's website. Is there any reason to order this from Walmart?
Jun 13, 2021
58 posts
81 upvotes
Well thanks for the answers about Dyson refurb. Decided to sit this one out.
[OP]
Dec 17, 2016
92 posts
202 upvotes
Niccus wrote: So it's same price on Dyson's website. Is there any reason to order this from Walmart?
Didn't realize that. I would order directly from Dyson