Expired Hot Deals

[Dyson] V11/V10 $200 dollars off

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 30th, 2020 2:55 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
1440 posts
513 upvotes
Richmond Hill

[Dyson] V11/V10 $200 dollars off

I just receive an email from Shop.ca that shows Dyson Vacuum has $200 off, V11 Absolute + just $799
Dyson.JPG
Last edited by jacky190424 on Apr 24th, 2020 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
37 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 21, 2011
1033 posts
1029 upvotes
Vancouver
that trash site shop.ca is still around...?
Sr. Member
Jul 14, 2019
611 posts
1034 upvotes
Just for reference the V11 Absolute was $699 in December (not a boxing day sale). Still a good deal at this price, just mentioning it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
1440 posts
513 upvotes
Richmond Hill
It's directly purchase from Dyson.ca
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 9, 2010
1279 posts
2393 upvotes
Montreal
Title in thread needs to specify the price after discount over just the discount to be helpful imo.

It's like how every boxing day certain companies inflate their regular prices just to illustrate a greater discount.
Member
Jul 25, 2016
221 posts
782 upvotes
Vancouver
CanadaCPU wrote: Just for reference the V11 Absolute was $699 in December (not a boxing day sale). Still a good deal at this price, just mentioning it.
Absolute is still $699, Absolute + is $799 but can be had for $749 at other retailers like BB
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 11, 2009
1920 posts
212 upvotes
Is there any significant benefit to going with V11 absolute + vs the regular V11 absolute?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 21, 2011
1033 posts
1029 upvotes
Vancouver
looks like shop.ca is now one of those scammy "deals and coupons" sites... "GET DEAL" buttons everywhere :facepalm: :facepalm:

i'm glad shop.ca went out of business, they were total trash.
Sr. Member
Jul 14, 2019
611 posts
1034 upvotes
Strategy wrote: Is there any significant benefit to going with V11 absolute + vs the regular V11 absolute?
Chances are you want the absolute (not the plus). The Plus comes with a charger stand, but you lose the fluffy head, which is IMO the best part of the Dyson vacuum series. The Absolute (not plus) has a fluffy head and a wall mountable charging rack.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 11, 2009
1920 posts
212 upvotes
CanadaCPU wrote: Chances are you want the absolute (not the plus). The Plus comes with a charger stand, but you lose the fluffy head, which is IMO the best part of the Dyson vacuum series. The Absolute (not plus) has a fluffy head and a wall mountable charging rack.
Thanks. I do have hardwood floors so the fluffy head is ideal.
Sr. Member
Mar 18, 2008
575 posts
727 upvotes
Toronto
CanadaCPU wrote: Chances are you want the absolute (not the plus). The Plus comes with a charger stand, but you lose the fluffy head, which is IMO the best part of the Dyson vacuum series. The Absolute (not plus) has a fluffy head and a wall mountable charging rack.
There is discrepancy on their website. The absolute+ description indicates there is a soft roller in addition to the torque drive but the pictures do not display the same.

Absolute+ description:

“Two powerful cleaner heads (High Torque and Soft Roller), LCD screen, 4 tools, and V11 Floor Dokᵀᴹ. For whole home cleaning.“

I believe that the absolute+ has everything the absolute has, including the charging wall dock and fluffy roller. The only difference is the floor dock.

See attached pics
Images
  • 819A5DD2-F165-4DE5-BE9A-B356EA1AD97C.png
  • 53CF7BCE-2410-4EDF-94F3-FA8D3C7868CD.png
  • 29991D2A-25EB-467D-87BF-A171D0424315.png
Sr. Member
Jul 14, 2019
611 posts
1034 upvotes
typhooney wrote: There is discrepancy on their website. The absolute+ description indicates there is a soft roller in addition to the torque drive but the pictures do not display the same.

Absolute+ description:

“Two powerful cleaner heads (High Torque and Soft Roller), LCD screen, 4 tools, and V11 Floor Dokᵀᴹ. For whole home cleaning.“

I believe that the absolute+ has everything the absolute has, including the charging wall dock and fluffy roller. The only difference is the floor dock.

See attached pics
If that's the case and there is a mistake in the descriptions, that's not as bad then - just need to decide if it's worth another $100 to not screw the charging mount to the wall.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 3, 2007
562 posts
268 upvotes
The Dok looks like it would be nice to have but I don't think I can take the ugly yellow colour of the Absolute Plus lol.
Sr. Member
Mar 18, 2008
575 posts
727 upvotes
Toronto
CanadaCPU wrote: If that's the case and there is a mistake in the descriptions, that's not as bad then - just need to decide if it's worth another $100 to not screw the charging mount to the wall.
Whoever is buying should double check and confirm.

I think it depends on if you have somewhere in your house to “show it off”. The floor dock would look better sitting out, whereas we use the wall dock as it’s more tucked away and less visible. Also depends how handy you are, in regards to cutting the dry wall and drawing power from another source to create another outlet for the wall dock.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3371 posts
1176 upvotes
Montreal
yau1225 wrote: looks like shop.ca is now one of those scammy "deals and coupons" sites... "GET DEAL" buttons everywhere :facepalm: :facepalm:

i'm glad shop.ca went out of business, they were total trash.
I won't say it was trash as I was one of those who enjoyed their massive cashback returned, I didn't have any issues getting my products and gift cards. They went downhill afterward with all the lost money.
Member
Dec 14, 2012
422 posts
462 upvotes
Ottawa
Don't know if they still have loyalty program, but if you owned an old model it is worthy to call Dyson.ca for extra discount or free attachments.
Newbie
Feb 5, 2019
21 posts
72 upvotes
Anyone know why v10 animal is cheaper than the v10 Motorhead ?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 10, 2008
12725 posts
21946 upvotes
typhooney wrote: There is discrepancy on their website. The absolute+ description indicates there is a soft roller in addition to the torque drive but the pictures do not display the same.

Absolute+ description:

“Two powerful cleaner heads (High Torque and Soft Roller), LCD screen, 4 tools, and V11 Floor Dokᵀᴹ. For whole home cleaning.“

I believe that the absolute+ has everything the absolute has, including the charging wall dock and fluffy roller. The only difference is the floor dock.

See attached pics
But the description for the + in the “ what’s included “ does not mention soft head ?
Images
  • 70864B5D-4E89-4424-9279-ED94E857AE89.png
  • 058926D8-77A4-4C83-BE9D-074F0617F957.png

Top