Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1123 posts
871 upvotes

E-banking

Hey guys, is there any banks available to quebecers that allow you to send wire transfers internationally from the website?

I travel a lot and transfer a lot of money and right now TD says in branch only and my RBC wont let me send to Russia, Desjardins are greedy and nothing ever works with them.

I would use PC financials but of course... they hate the french :)
4 replies
Dec 1, 2003
574 posts
211 upvotes
Ottawa
It is best to avoid banks for international transfer as they provide bad forex rates and charge enormous transfer fee.

You can use services like www.canadianforex.ca.
Mar 3, 2015
699 posts
95 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
pc financial but it cost $10.

scotiabank western union.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1123 posts
871 upvotes
crow wrote: It is best to avoid banks for international transfer as they provide bad forex rates and charge enormous transfer fee.

You can use services like www.canadianforex.ca.
Awesome. Just read a few reviews on google.. Nothing but positive.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't believe no actual bank in canada offers wire transfer in your e-banking. Last time i went at my branch it felt like a CIA interview.. It's sickening how much information banks ask for depositing/withdrawing your own goddamn money.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
8923 posts
5571 upvotes
rkt1337 wrote: Awesome. Just read a few reviews on google.. Nothing but positive.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't believe no actual bank in canada offers wire transfer in your e-banking. Last time i went at my branch it felt like a CIA interview.. It's sickening how much information banks ask for depositing/withdrawing your own goddamn money.
It is because we have AML regulations in this country. They are not asking you questions because they are bored and have nothing better to do.