Expired Hot Deals

E-Cycle BOXING DAY MADNESS is back! $99 E-Bike

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2010 6:16 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
May 7, 2005
108 posts
3 upvotes

E-Cycle BOXING DAY MADNESS is back! $99 E-Bike

Got this email from them today. They do the massive price cuts during boxing day every year.
Was in line last year and managed to pick up a lithium powered bicycle. This year going after a scooter
If you are in the market for an electric bike, lining up here gets you the biggest bang!

"Dear Customer,

E-Cycle Boxing Day Madness is back!
$99 electric Li-ion bicycle and electric scooter. Accessories up to 95% off!
www.e-cycle.ca"

Image
44 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 11, 2006
5141 posts
56 upvotes
Richmond bc
Warning to some guys is that they don't guarantee anything. Least year they pulled a fast one and said there's no warranty on the scooters. I still got mines but the battery was horrible so I resold it. There's also probably just one $99 e-bike that's why it doesn't have a s in the end. They did that last year.
Sr. Member
Sep 24, 2005
516 posts
44 upvotes
You'll likely find that the batteries (the most expensive part) are not included in those prices.
[OP]
Jr. Member
May 7, 2005
108 posts
3 upvotes
The electric bike I bought last year came with battery and charger.
Jr. Member
May 27, 2010
176 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
Wow - if this really is the price, no strings attached, I'm there!
Member
User avatar
May 5, 2007
425 posts
23 upvotes
Great prices. But only good for vancouver RFD members. I called the store and it seems that those prices are only good on boxing day for in store purchase. Last year, people were camping out a day before the sale according to the sales associate. They do ship to other provinces but not their boxing sale items and only the pre-christmas sale items at 50% off regular prices. The sales associate mentioned that people were flying in from other provinces just for the sale. LOL.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 12, 2006
1072 posts
139 upvotes
Calgary
dayaaaaaaaaaamn, i'd rock that $99 scooter all night long.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 11, 2006
5141 posts
56 upvotes
Richmond bc
Edit: Double post
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 11, 2006
5141 posts
56 upvotes
Richmond bc
rycckor wrote: Great prices. But only good for vancouver RFD members. I called the store and it seems that those prices are only good on boxing day for in store purchase. Last year, people were camping out a day before the sale according to the sales associate. They do ship to other provinces but not their boxing sale items and only the pre-christmas sale items at 50% off regular prices. The sales associate mentioned that people were flying in from other provinces just for the sale. LOL.

They're full of BS. I was the 2nd group in line (came at 12) the first group came at like 10pm.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
856 upvotes
I remember reading the thread last year... didn't 1 family (that line'd up first) pretty much bought most of the good deals (1 per person type of thing)? Also i think they started lining up on xmas day or something and there were complaints about how it was as is sales and some items were without accessories/batteries/etc.
Jr. Member
May 27, 2010
176 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
ali123 wrote: They're full of BS. I was the 2nd group in line (came at 12) the first group came at like 10pm.

Thanks for all the info.

Perhaps the OP was the one who was before you guys since he got one.
[OP]
Jr. Member
May 7, 2005
108 posts
3 upvotes
ali123 wrote: Warning to some guys is that they don't guarantee anything. Least year they pulled a fast one and said there's no warranty on the scooters. I still got mines but the battery was horrible so I resold it. There's also probably just one $99 e-bike that's why it doesn't have a s in the end. They did that last year.


I was way back in line and still got mine at a deal. No issue with mine....still running good.
How can anyone complain after purchasing one at $99? Don't tell me you didn't get more reselling it!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 11, 2006
5141 posts
56 upvotes
Richmond bc
worldly wrote: I was way back in line and still got mine at a deal. No issue with mine....still running good.
How can anyone complain after purchasing one at $99? Don't tell me you didn't get more reselling it!

Are you talking about the bike or the scooter? They only had one or two scooters for $99. They also tried to pull some BS that it didn't come with batteries but the people infront of us got into a argument and they agreed to give it to them. Me and my buddy we're disappointed as the family infront of us had take the $99 one's (it's not their fault that there was only 2). So we had to buy em for $299 which was still a good deal if it had warranty. Not just that but my bike pedal was bent and the owner said come back another time and he'd get someone to fix it. I said how will you remember me? because he didn't give out receipts, he said "I'll remember your face". Ya right LMAO. I resold it for cost. Waste of my time.
[OP]
Jr. Member
May 7, 2005
108 posts
3 upvotes
E-Cycle Boxing Day Madness is back!
$99 electric Li-ion bicycle and electric scooter. Accessories up to 95% off!!

Deals off Sun and Province Newspaper ad below.

Image
Member
User avatar
May 27, 2007
271 posts
24 upvotes
Montreal
wow lol, seriously $1900 down to $99!? is this a trap? :lol:
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1889 posts
478 upvotes
Well some of the products may not include batteries or chargers which I think is the most important part of a scooter.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
3315 posts
1971 upvotes
GVRD
Not a scam, as they did this last year and an RFD'er managed to get an electric bicycle for $99. However, the quantities will obviously be very limited, and be prepared to camp out all night if you want a chance at getting anything.

merged-e-cycle-boxing-day-flyer-831369/
Newbie
Aug 20, 2006
33 posts
1 upvote
Last post from that thread

[QUOTE]Well I was trying to put together the bike that I bought after braving a night out in the icy cold December weather however I just found out that they had taken out the front wheel and the charger from the supposed ebike that they advertised. I think that this is highway robbery!

Avoid these people, they are not honest. [/QUOTE]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 11, 2006
5141 posts
56 upvotes
Richmond bc
What happened to my posts?
Jr. Member
May 12, 2006
123 posts
2 upvotes
rzindubs wrote: Last post from that thread

That was a scam and these people should be punished.

Top