e-readers (Kindle, Kobo, etc)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2022 12:32 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 12, 2019
29 posts
25 upvotes
Indigo actually has the Libra h20 for 169, $10 cheaper than Best Buy and can stack with the Moola gift card sale
Aug 15, 2009
284 posts
83 upvotes
I think I'm going to wait till BF to see if there are any additional sales, if not I will go for the Indigo + Moola route.
Jun 6, 2017
533 posts
461 upvotes
BC
JohnKnees wrote: Indigo actually has the Libra h20 for 169, $10 cheaper than Best Buy and can stack with the Moola gift card sale
Did they change it back to $179?
May 22, 2018
255 posts
455 upvotes
Ontario
tsx612 wrote: Did they change it back to $179?
Looks like it. I had it in my cart and was going to check out after work but now it's back to 179 Disappointed But Relieved Face
Aug 12, 2019
29 posts
25 upvotes
tsx612 wrote: Did they change it back to $179?
Yeah...looks like it was a price error ;( I didn't get a chance to pick it up either
Nov 21, 2007
336 posts
62 upvotes
Antigonish County, N…
KennethToronto wrote: So between the too end readers, Oasis vs Forma, opinions?
I have been using the Forma since it came out. I love it.
It’s very light,responsive and the light works great. There have been consistent updates since I started using it where they continue to improve performance.
I can’t speak to the Oasis.
Apr 8, 2007
566 posts
202 upvotes
Shoppers will also have the Kobo Clara for $120 starting Nov 30.

Does anyone know what the regular price for this is in Shoppers? There is a bonus redemption on Nov 27 only, if the regular price isn't too bad, I wouldn't mind using up my points to buy it.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2008
2627 posts
947 upvotes
One of the things I like about my Kindle is I can upload books or other documents to the web and read them on my e-reader or the Kindle app and it syncs my reading location. That way if I'm out without my reader I can read on my phone, and then pick back up when I'm home. Can I do this with Kobo?
Sep 17, 2008
37 posts
11 upvotes
Bedford
bubba_gump wrote: Shoppers will also have the Kobo Clara for $120 starting Nov 30.

Does anyone know what the regular price for this is in Shoppers? There is a bonus redemption on Nov 27 only, if the regular price isn't too bad, I wouldn't mind using up my points to buy it.
Regular price for Kobo Clara @ SDM, in Nova Scotia, is $139.99.
Nov 13, 2012
51 posts
82 upvotes
VANCOUVER
If you are going to borrow ebooks at the library I suggest you buy Kobo. Kindle doesn't have overdrive.
Jun 6, 2017
533 posts
461 upvotes
BC
So quick BF Kobo recap:

Kobo Clara $120 everywhere

Kobo Libra $180 everywhere

Kobo Forma $270 everywhere

Everywhere meaning Kobo site, Indigo, LD, BB, Staples, etc. Amazon Kobo price yet to be seen.

Did I miss anything?

For me I will see if Rakuten/GCR have any amazing cash back offers tomorrow. Otherwise use my Indigo gift card on a Libra
Apr 8, 2007
566 posts
202 upvotes
bubba_gump wrote: Shoppers will also have the Kobo Clara for $120 starting Nov 30.

My error on this one, the bonus redemption is actually starting Nov 27 to Dec 2 so if you can find the Clara on sale during the week then you can take advantage of your points.
Aug 3, 2019
68 posts
31 upvotes
samcarlycooper wrote: It won't accept the PERKOPOLIS code.
The fine print on Kobo website.

Kobo Libra H2O Black for $179.99 is valid from November 27, 2020 through November 30, 2020 at 11:59PM EST on purchases made through ca.kobobooks.com. Offer not valid in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and cannot be used to adjust the amount paid on previous purchases. Rakuten Kobo Inc. reserves the right to change or end this offer at any time without notice
Jun 6, 2017
533 posts
461 upvotes
BC
samcarlycooper wrote: The fine print on Kobo website.

Kobo Libra H2O Black for $179.99 is valid from November 27, 2020 through November 30, 2020 at 11:59PM EST on purchases made through ca.kobobooks.com. Offer not valid in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and cannot be used to adjust the amount paid on previous purchases. Rakuten Kobo Inc. reserves the right to change or end this offer at any time without notice
It worked at around 9 PM but I guess they disabled it
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
1853 posts
319 upvotes
Oakville, ON
JohnKnees wrote: In Canada, people tend to prefer the Kobo due to its interconnection with Overdrive, which allows you to borrow books from local libraries, significantly reducing the expense of an ereader in the long run
No Overdrive in Oakville.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
1853 posts
319 upvotes
Oakville, ON
leeneljane wrote: If you are going to borrow ebooks at the library I suggest you buy Kobo. Kindle doesn't have overdrive.
Depends where you live. Oakville switched from Overdrive to Cloudlibrary so Kobo is not compatible and I believe Kindle is.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)