• Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2020 12:25 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
3543 posts
212 upvotes

E27 LEDs - Can't find them anywhere

I made an impulse buy on a floor lamp while in a store and accidentally got one that uses an E27 socket. Now I can't even find a E27 bulb on HomeDepot's website (LED or not), Lowes, etc.
The only ones I seem to find are from really obscure brands on amazon - and are mostly low lumen multicoloured smart bulbs.

Am I correct in thinking that this is just an unpopular bulb type and I should just return the lamp, or am I just totally looking in the wrong place?
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2007
8962 posts
4576 upvotes
Paris
E26 will fit. Chandelier bulb I think?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
3543 posts
212 upvotes
Jerico wrote: E26 will fit. Chandelier bulb I think?
Thanks, I was worried about using an E26 since I saw online that even thought they physically fit, it might have a different voltage.

What I don't get is why the box makes no mention of LEDs, it just says CFL or Incandescent - I'm admittedly not too familiar with things like these and a bit worried about doing something that'd cause a problem (especially with an appliance that'll be perpetually plugged in).

Funnily enough, the E26 LED I'm looking at is almost the price of the lamp! https://www.homedepot.ca/product/philip ... 1001015360
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2007
8962 posts
4576 upvotes
Paris
Shimso wrote: Thanks, I was worried about using an E26 since I saw online that even thought they physically fit, it might have a different voltage.

What I don't get is why the box makes no mention of LEDs, it just says CFL or Incandescent - I'm admittedly not too familiar with things like these and a bit worried about doing something that'd cause a problem (especially with an appliance that'll be perpetually plugged in).

Funnily enough, the E26 LED I'm looking at is almost the price of the lamp! https://www.homedepot.ca/product/philip ... 1001015360
E27 is the Euro standard and designed for 220. Does your lamp have a 120 plug on it?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
3543 posts
212 upvotes
Jerico wrote: E27 is the Euro standard and designed for 220. Does your lamp have a 120 plug on it?
It looks like a regular plug to me. I suspect the website's description is probably incorrect. In the instruction, the only thing is says is "Type A 150w".