• Last Updated:
  • May 11th, 2019 3:57 pm
19 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
3662 posts
1995 upvotes
What's the price point going to be ? What's it on xbox
How long does a game take to get on in? Fifa and nhl usually release September. When would it come on each access
Aug 20, 2009
7036 posts
1722 upvotes
Grimsby
Frankly long overdue. Sony's logic of why they weren't allowing this was nonsense.

I'm starting to debate the value of this from a player perspective though, EA has been dropping a fair amount of stinkers lately.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6733 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
Redmask wrote:
May 8th, 2019 10:40 am
Frankly long overdue. Sony's logic of why they weren't allowing this was nonsense.

I'm starting to debate the value of this from a player perspective though, EA has been dropping a fair amount of stinkers lately.
There's more than just EA games on there and it has an already decent growing selection third party and indie games. I guess it depends how many of those you already own or care about playing but for me it's worked out a lot cheaper than paying $10-20 for each of those games which for the most part were one and done type games I don't really care to own or play again
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
2900 posts
662 upvotes
Ajax
So then it comes down to which platform you prefer playing on.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5138 posts
853 upvotes
calgary
I've been an EA Access subscriber and big proponent of the service since the day it was announced and personally I've gotten a ton of value out of the program and it never should have taken this long to arrive on the PS4.

It's funny I've found the best use for the program is the 10 hours provided by early access usually gives me enough time to either write the game off completely (given EA's output this generation this is generally the case) or hold me over until the game is 50% or more off.

Most of the time by the time they've hit the vault I either have no interest or I've already played them.

Having said that EA's output has been so terrible recently that I'm even debating if its worth it for the early access stuff.
Gamepass by comparison at least since I re-subbed in February has been a much better value and might just stick with that.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13636 posts
3914 upvotes
Montreal
Now if only we could get Cuphead.
FourDollarama Shut Down My RFD Customer Experience Thread!
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13636 posts
3914 upvotes
Montreal
BTW, what was the last date EA added games to the program? I haven't looked in a while on my Xbox One, but there are complaints on the article linked to, that it has been since October 2018.

Plus, quite a few on Xbox One are backwards compatible 360 games, none of which will be present on the locked-down PS4 so it's going to be pretty slim pickings.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7292 posts
2046 upvotes
JackWhyte wrote:
May 10th, 2019 9:45 am
Now if only we could get Cuphead.

Cuphead is on XBox One and Switch. Exclusive games are good for the industry.
Get it on your XBox One then.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13636 posts
3914 upvotes
Montreal
XFactor11 wrote:
May 10th, 2019 10:03 am
Get it on your XBox One then.
I got it free on Steam, but I would still like to see some friends who are PS4-only get a chance to play this classic.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6733 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
JackWhyte wrote:
May 10th, 2019 10:02 am
BTW, what was the last date EA added games to the program? I haven't looked in a while on my Xbox One, but there are complaints on the article linked to, that it has been since October 2018.
Not sure how many of them made it to Xbox but they just added like a dozen or more classic Star Wars games. Earlier this year Burnout Paradise remastered, Battlefront 2, Unravel Two, A Way Out (want to play this but can't find anyone who hasn't played already), Madden 19, and a whole bag of indies.
I think I've got my $30 worth for this year already but quality of additions does seem a little lighter than previous and I may or may not renew come August. Depends what they add between now and then.
Sep 28, 2017
480 posts
299 upvotes
they just added a few new titles to the vault about a month ago. i got an email letting me know... they seem to do about 3-4 games. to find out when an exclusive deal with a certain company or console is over you just have to look up the contract (google is your friend).. so if cupheads is a steady purchase for the developer they will strike up a generic distribution deal with whomever and usually within 2-3 months after the previous contract expires and will in most cases add more content to boost sales.

the census in the forum as far as consoles and PC, i would say the majority have at least one of the 3 consoles and a good gaming PC so your friends could just PC it instead of waiting for the PS4 to get it if they also have a PC, plus since it's been out a while they would be find it cheaper on the PC platform than a console sale.
no matter where you go, there you are.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7331 posts
786 upvotes
Toronto
witenite wrote:
May 7th, 2019 2:59 pm
What's the price point going to be ? What's it on xbox
How long does a game take to get on in? Fifa and nhl usually release September. When would it come on each access
Lol you didn't bother clicking the link.
It's going to be $5 us a month or $30 a year. Definately signing up for this.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
3662 posts
1995 upvotes
PCDawg wrote:
May 11th, 2019 11:02 am
Lol you didn't bother clicking the link.
It's going to be $5 us a month or $30 a year. Definately signing up for this.
That is a USA website and us price.
Im just curious more of when nhl/fifa 19 will go on access as both games usually come out every September. Was hoping Xbox members can chime in