Expired Hot Deals

EA

BIOMUTANT is $3.00 on Origin/EA desktop APP - Deal is dead.

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2021 10:07 pm
[OP]
Dec 18, 2018
158 posts
600 upvotes

BIOMUTANT is $3.00 on Origin/EA desktop APP - Deal is dead.

Price:
$3.00
Expiry:
May 22, 2021
Retailer:
EA
you can only access this deal if you use the origin/EA desktop APP on your computer. This is probably a system error. EA may not honor this deal. the game release on May 25.

After purchase, you will have the game labeled as pre-ordered. the email you will receive is the pre-order bonus class.

Edit1: someone reports the deal is dead.

Edit2: the deal went through and the game is available for download.
Images
  • 1.PNG
  • Capture.PNG
Last edited by TimmyT20801 on May 25th, 2021 8:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
14 replies
Jul 14, 2008
955 posts
1350 upvotes
Montreal
this is not for the full game, this is for the MERCENARY CLASS
[OP]
Dec 18, 2018
158 posts
600 upvotes
Jonick wrote: this is not for the full game, this is for the MERCENARY CLASS
mercenary class is the pre order bonus. And the standard edition is labeled as pre-ordered in my APP. It is $3 gamble.
Dec 15, 2019
95 posts
191 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Where did you see the pre-order for $3? It's $59.99 for me.

Oct 27, 2016
76 posts
98 upvotes
SweetTato wrote: Where did you see the pre-order for $3? It's $59.99 for me.

Need to use EA Desktop app, price shows correct in Origin, however during checkout it shows as Biomutant - The Mercenary Class as well as being ineligible for the Great Game Guarantee (meaning it is DLC rather than the game)

Also it appears EA just killed it, can no longer get to the next screen if you try to purchase.
[OP]
Dec 18, 2018
158 posts
600 upvotes
Cenetry wrote: Need to use EA Desktop app, price shows correct in Origin, however during checkout it shows as Biomutant - The Mercenary Class as well as being ineligible for the Great Game Guarantee (meaning it is DLC rather than the game)

Also it appears EA just killed it, can no longer get to the next screen if you try to purchase.

did they just kill it? I will close this post.
Oct 19, 2013
14 posts
29 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Cenetry wrote: Need to use EA Desktop app, price shows correct in Origin, however during checkout it shows as Biomutant - The Mercenary Class as well as being ineligible for the Great Game Guarantee (meaning it is DLC rather than the game)

The second screen shot literally says "You pre-ordered the Standard Edition". This was likely a mistake in listing the game but there's no way they can claim this was a purposeful listing for the DLC only. I managed to make it through the order process before they took it down so it's an upvote from me.
[OP]
Dec 18, 2018
158 posts
600 upvotes
spucemOOSe wrote: The second screen shot literally says "You pre-ordered the Standard Edition". This was likely a mistake in listing the game but there's no way they can claim this was a purposeful listing for the DLC only. I managed to make it through the order process before they took it down so it's an upvote from me.
Wish this will stick.
Oct 19, 2013
14 posts
29 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
TimmyT20801 wrote: Wish this will stick.
We can't be the only two who jumped on it or they wouldn't have noticed so quickly, I only hope they didn't get more than 50 or so. They are likely to let a few slide but if they suddenly had a thousand orders, it's not going to pan out for us, I would hope for some sort of gesture instead of just ripping the game away from us though. I guess this is what happens when you release a beta client to the general public, I just happened to have the EA Desktop app installed because I finally pulled the trigger on the three months of Game Pass Ultimate for a dollar deal, apparently you need the beta client to get the EA Play side of things up and running on PC.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1947 posts
1461 upvotes
Langley
It was blasted all over Twitter and the internet... I can assure you that you two are not the only ones. It’ll come out whether people were successful or not. I got notifications on my watch from 6 or so Twitter sources while I was holding my new born. Didn’t know what chaos was going on.
Oct 19, 2013
14 posts
29 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
To further dispute the DLC theory, if I search for Biomutant in the EA Desktop app it displays only the game as a result (see attached image), reports "no DLC found". Still doesn't mean it's going to stick but it's clear what the purchase was for. If I click on the game icon in the search results shown I get the "You pre-ordered the Standard Edition" screen back up.
Images
  • BioMutant_DLC.png
Oct 27, 2016
76 posts
98 upvotes
spucemOOSe wrote: To further dispute the DLC theory, if I search for Biomutant in the EA Desktop app it displays only the game as a result (see attached image), reports "no DLC found". Still doesn't mean it's going to stick but it's clear what the purchase was for. If I click on the game icon in the search results shown I get the "You pre-ordered the Standard Edition" screen back up.
The order might stick for those that got it, seems the Mercenary Class is a Pre-order Bonus rather then specifically DLC. They killed it just as I was trying to order, oh well, grats to those if the orders stay.
Feb 12, 2014
641 posts
1464 upvotes
vancouver
atleast 20-30 people were able to get it on reddit games forum
Oct 19, 2013
14 posts
29 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
TimmyT20801 wrote: Wish this will stick.
After hours of the download not working I finally was able to download just now and played for about half an hour. Were you able to download too?
[OP]
Dec 18, 2018
158 posts
600 upvotes
spucemOOSe wrote: After hours of the download not working I finally was able to download just now and played for about half an hour. Were you able to download too?
Same here. This morning was fun to wait and read all the comments on Reddit. Cheer. Enjoying the game so far.