Mass Effect: LE Digital Content - 88 Tracks, 2 PDF Art/Comic Books - FREE

Deal Link:
Price:
Free
Expiry:
May 31, 2021
Retailer:
EA
Electronic Arts and BioWare are offering players bonus content included in Mass Effect 2 and 3 Deluxe Editions for free until May 31st. The limited-time offer celebrates the launch of Mass Effect Legendary Edition on May 14th.

Download is 1.7 GB

Includes
  • 88 Iconic Tracks
  • 2 PDF Art Books
  • 2 PDF Comic Books
  • Normandy Digital Lithograph
18 replies
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
11101 posts
5231 upvotes
Thanks
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Jul 20, 2017
997 posts
1171 upvotes
cool. There's this one song from ME3 that plays in shepard room .. Lyrics are bad choices.
Could never find it when i looked it up, hopefully this has it.
Jun 10, 2020
578 posts
555 upvotes
Definite upvote to this -- liked the games.
Downvote to EA (in general... ) and the "Legendary Edition"...
Jaded a bit, maybe? Sure.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1631 posts
832 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I loved the original trilogy when I first played them in 2012/2013 and bought every single DLC. The graphics didn't bother me especially with the HD mods. I dont care about the battle either since I was just for the story.
$90 after tax for the remaster with no new content...mmm
Nov 6, 2013
95 posts
12 upvotes
Andromeda killed the franchise for me...
Mar 26, 2018
101 posts
121 upvotes
Saskatoon
moretz wrote: Andromeda killed the franchise for me...
As someone who knows little about Mass Effect, what was it about Andromeda that killed it?
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2015
1049 posts
1446 upvotes
moretz wrote: Andromeda killed the franchise for me...
I weirdly enjoyed Andromeda more than ME3. ME3 I put maybe 500 hours into the multiplayer but never finished the campaign I was so disappointed and yet ME1 and ME2 I easily had 3+ playthroughs of each.

Andromeda was very, very, poor in a lot of aspects and some of the story was cringe, but it got a lot of flack unnecessarily. I think EA made a giant mistake opening it up for EA Access early play while BioWare Montreal still was working on their day one patch. All it did was cause dozens of forum threads, youtube videos and reddit to have posts of googly eyes and whatnot. Just cratered hype and sales.

But yeah, I am not holding my breath anymore. ME3, Andromeda, Anthem has shown me EA has ruined what BioWare was. Most of my friends from ME1 and ME2 have moved on too.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
3312 posts
1047 upvotes
BC
$90 after tax?

I’ll buy one in the $20 bin.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1631 posts
832 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ren wrote: $90 after tax?

I’ll buy one in the $20 bin.
Ha, I never noticed steam does not charge HST but Origin does..
I ordered on Steam this time - never liked the sluggish Origin mess. But I guess they do have the added bonus of cloud save.
Jun 28, 2020
117 posts
85 upvotes
Commander Shepard abuses Diana Allers
All the way from +62
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2592 posts
390 upvotes
Burnaby
Thanks OP.
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME; i7-950; GTX 560; 16G Mem; 2TB HD; 24x DVD-RAM;
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1631 posts
832 upvotes
Toronto, ON
BTW, for anyone who wants to play the LE and already owns the old games and DLC, you can pay $19.99 for one month EA Play Pro which has access to the game on launch day. You can always buy the LE later when it is in the bargain bin.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3924 posts
4228 upvotes
Ottawa
ericw wrote: BTW, for anyone who wants to play the LE and already owns the old games and DLC, you can pay $19.99 for one month EA Play Pro which has access to the game on launch day. You can always buy the LE later when it is in the bargain bin.
Isn't EA Play Pro exclusive to PC? Or has that changed?

Not like it matters. I'm buying day one. Gotta bang my first alien all over again. You can't put a price on that.
Tampa Bay Lightning; Back to back Stanley Cup Champions!! ⚡⚡
Milwaukee Bucks; 2020-21 NBA Champions! 🦌

First time ever that both my teams in different sports win the championship in their respective league in the same year.
Jun 10, 2020
578 posts
555 upvotes
I forgot the reason why they (a multinational conglomorate) are doing this..
Call me a cynic, but it's not entirely good-will.

Some of the assets from the original games they lost the SourceCode to -- various expansions from ME2 and (maybe) 3... I know there's articles about it somewhere if you want to do your research. The Multiplayer of 3 too -- no longer works. Sourcecode gone.

Bioware was great, ... until EA.

So, to me, this is a bit of a "Sorry about that, here's the "Complete" first 3 games, remastered (but not totally complete)".

I guess they didn't have to do anything, .. and/or maybe they're trying to build up some of the goodwill they've lost so much over the years, but .. yeah.

I wonder how much of them "loosing" the sourcecode hardworking Bioware designers created was Bioware giving a big "FU" to EA.....