• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2020 11:56 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2007
1217 posts
576 upvotes

EA Origin Access Games

Since there was a Steelseries promotion for a free month of EA Origin Access, I thought I might start up a discussion of games worth playing on their library.

Is there anything that you would mark as a must-play?

Some that caught my eye:
Brothers - A Tale of 2 sons : Played long ago, and was a relaxing game
Burnout Paradise Remastered: Played the original long ago, may be worth a revisit for multiplayer
Deponia - A bit goofy, played a while back and it had it's moments for a single player casual game
Dragon Age: Origins/Awakening/2/Inquisition - Played the first one a long time ago, Will probably try to visit. Inquisition may have co-op
Several Lego games
Mass Effect 1/2/3/Andromeda: I've played 1,2, and 3 and loved them. I'm aware of the bad Andromeda reviews, but I'll def give this one a shot.
Overcooked: Casual entertaining party game
Plenty of Star Wars games
The Bards Tale Trilogy: I may visit this. I recall playing one a long time ago on Xbox and it was comical.
Trine 1/2: Enjoyable co-op side scroller style casual play. 3 had bad reviews, 4 is new and neither of these are offered.
Ultima 1-9: Old games, but may be worth a visit if you want to enjoy the origins of computer RPG's
Unravel 2: May have some co-op, casual play to try out.
Wing Commander 1/2/3/4/Privateer: For the Star Citizen fans

I was hoping to find some co-op games but didn't recognize many
7 replies
Dec 1, 2006
339 posts
53 upvotes
I enjoyed the single player campaigns of Battlefield V, Titanfall 2 and Battlefront 2. I just finished those from the same promo. I wouldn't have bought those games for the short single player length, but since it was free...hey, why not.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2007
1217 posts
576 upvotes
craymail wrote: I enjoyed the single player campaigns of Battlefield V, Titanfall 2 and Battlefront 2. I just finished those from the same promo. I wouldn't have bought those games for the short single player length, but since it was free...hey, why not.
I've heard Titanfall 2 campaign is an oft overlooked gem. Good point.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
12076 posts
2221 upvotes
Mississauga
I just got Origin Basic recently and have been having a lot of fun playing Command & Conquer 3. The cutscenes are a hoot!
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2013
2593 posts
1841 upvotes
Markham
Talamasca wrote: I just got Origin Basic recently and have been having a lot of fun playing Command & Conquer 3. The cutscenes are a hoot!
C&C3 is the last excellent C&C game from the franchise. Kept all the core mechanics of a C&C game and added a few new ones, competitive play is still a thing for this game as well.

C&C4 is sadly rubbish, might've been ok as a non-C&C game but it was a dreadful C&C game with a lot of bad design decisions, it took none of the mechanics from past games or other RTSes for that matter. Fine for an experimental new IP, but a well established series like C&C you can't do such a thing.
Deal Guru
Apr 8, 2013
10205 posts
734 upvotes
Drizzt wrote: I've heard Titanfall 2 campaign is an oft overlooked gem. Good point.
Yeah it was pretty good. Inside and Vampyr is also worth playing.

Origin basic is worth it for me because of Madden and Fifa. The rest is pretty much extra.

BF multiplayer also shows up after a few months.

And of course City Skylines is amazing.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2251 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
I just use the free months here and there to power through the campaign on their big exclusive shooters. Pretty worth it that way but as a subscription service Gamepass is beating it pretty badly in terms of value and EA doesn't seem really interested in pushing for more stuff.
Steam: Sir Boors
PSN: Sir_Boors

It's a great time to be a nerd.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4560 posts
1470 upvotes
Toronto
Titanfall 2's single player was great, and really caught me by surprise. Several really inventive levels really show off the pedigree of this dev team, and you can see the hints of why Apex Legends was so great and well-received. The multiplayer is pretty fun too, but I wonder what the community is like for that now.

If you get a 10 hour trial to Jedi: Fallen Order, I really enjoyed that game this year, and almost 100% it... 10 hours is probably enough to get your Jedi fix, though the game itself takes about 15-20 hours to finish.

I liked SW Battlefront 2, despite the criticism and backlash it received. The campaign was ok, and the multiplayer was pretty good. I remember really liking the starfighter modes

I played a bit of Burnout Paradise Remastered earlier this year, and as fun as that game is, it's also very obviously an old game with some rough edges... the map and waypointing system is far from what you expect these days, but it was still a fun ride for a few hours.

Limbo and Inside are no-brainers if you've got a few hours... Great art design, inventive puzzles, and it can be finished in a couple hours each.

I spent a lot of hours this year playing Dead Cells... if you're into metroidvania type games, it's a good one.

The Batman Arkham games are good if you've never played them...
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1