Expired Hot Deals

CIBC Samsung

Earn $25 Hudson Bay egift card - Register for Samsung Pay (CIBC only)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2016 6:28 pm
32 replies
Apr 6, 2011
559 posts
203 upvotes
http://pages.samsung.com/ca/samsungpay/English/

you have to tap three times, " There is no minimum amount per transaction." thats an important line so it can be used on small items for a free 25!

do you have to have a special sim card to do tap transactions with your phone?

the gift card can also be used at home outfitters.
Apr 6, 2011
559 posts
203 upvotes
Also I think this should be a hot deal not freebie
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7194 posts
1486 upvotes
Register for early access to Samsung Pay - for eligible devices only and only for CIBC visa cards. Register and use tap/pay three times before Dec 26th to get $25 Hudson Bay egift card.

https://www.cibc.com/en/personal-bankin ... 14173157:s

What devices can I use?

Galaxy S7 Edge
Galaxy S7
Galaxy S6 Edge
Galaxy S6 Edge +
Galaxy S6
Galaxy Note 5

Is there a fee to using Samsung Pay?
CIBC does not charge a fee for using Samsung Pay. Please consult your Card Agreement for any applicable fees, interest, or other charges associated with your card.

Samsung Pay does require an active internet connection for continued use. Based on your wireless plan and mobile carrier's offering, additional message and data charges may apply.

How much can I spend using Samsung pay transactions ?
Most Canadian retailers set their in-store maximum purchase amounts for contactless purchases to $100; however, limit may vary for some merchants. Additionally, you may experience differences while travelling abroad. If for any reason your Samsung Pay purchase is declined, please use your CIBC regular payment card as back-up.

Can I use Samsung pay outside Canada?

Yes. You can use Samsung Pay outside of Canada at retailers around the world.

Additional wireless data charges or foreign transaction fees may apply.

What if my credit card is lost or stolen ?

If your CIBC credit card is lost or stolen, please call CIBC immediately at 1-844-255-0820 and we will take the appropriate action to ensure your card is re-issued and protected. Reporting your cards lost or stolen will not affect your use of Samsung Pay, since your digital card number is connected to your new replacement card automatically. You can use your eligible CIBC credit card in Samsung Pay to make purchases before receiving your new card.

Why am I unable to add Mastercard ?
CIBC Petro-Points™ MasterCard® Card is currently not eligible for Samsung Pay. We apologize for the inconvenience.

For the latest updates on Samsung Pay, please go to CIBC.com/samsung-pay.

Why is merchant asking for signature to complete the transaction ?
Merchants may require you to show your signature to verify that you are the cardholder. This is only required at non-contactless payment terminals, when using Samsung’s Magnetic Secured Transmission (MST) technology.
Sep 17, 2008
793 posts
300 upvotes
BC
So where can I use samsung pay? Can't find any details of stores/location on Samsung or CIBC website
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7194 posts
1486 upvotes
anywhere with machine that currently accepts tap & pay with credit cards.
lyh_chnxm wrote: So where can I use samsung pay? Can't find any details of stores/location on Samsung or CIBC website
Sep 17, 2008
793 posts
300 upvotes
BC
I see, I thought it was similar to apple pay which is only accepted at certain location
Mar 4, 2016
369 posts
223 upvotes
So anywhere you can tap your card pretty much right?
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4021 posts
10888 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
Full T&C's of this promo:
The gift card is subject to the Hudson’s Bay Gift Card & eGift Card Terms and Conditions available at www.thebay.com and are redeemable towards merchandise only online at thebay.com or at any Hudson’s Bay or Home Outfitters store. Maximum of one gift cards per Samsung device. Retail value of the gift card is $25. The maximum amount per transaction using the Samsung Pay application is determined by the issuing bank. There is no minimum amount per transaction. Samsung reserves the right to cancel or amend the offer at any time without notice.

© 2016 Samsung Electronics Canada Inc. All rights reserved. Samsung is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., used with permission. All other brand, product, service names and logos are marks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.

Hudson's Bay, the Bay, Home Outfitters, Deco Decouverte and their associated designs are trademarks of Hudson's Bay Company.
Dec 16, 2016
2 posts
Anyone knows which Hudson Bay stores accept tap and PayPal. The ones I went to do not.
I live in Toronto.
May 29, 2006
480 posts
154 upvotes
No idea which ones do. But you don't have to tap and pay at the bay. You tap and pay ANYWHERE 3 times, for any amount, and you get a 25 Gc in your email.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
1880 posts
4138 upvotes
lyh_chnxm wrote: I see, I thought it was similar to apple pay which is only accepted at certain location
Apple Pay works anywhere where tapping works.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
1046 posts
149 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Tapped my third time today and got the card. That's was an easy $25
Feb 18, 2004
813 posts
290 upvotes
Gotoff wrote: does this work with cibc visa debit?
Don't think so.
With Samsung Pay, you can pay with your CIBC credit card simply by using a compatible Samsung device

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)