[BMO] Earn $300 when you open a chequing account + 2.85% savings rate
- Deal Link:
- October 31, 2019
Terms and Conditions
From July 2, 2019 – October 31, 2019 (the “Offer Period”), earn up to $300.00 in cash bonuses or 1,000 bonus AIR MILES (the “Bonus”) when you open a new Canadian Dollar Primary Chequing Account (the “Chequing Account Offer”) at any BMO branch or online at bmo.com.
Chequing Account Offer
To qualify for the Chequing Account Offer (up to $300.00 cash bonus or 1,000 bonus AIR MILES) you must:
[*] Open a new Canadian Dollar Primary Chequing Account (the “Chequing Account”) with a new:
i. Plus Plan: and be eligible for a $50.00 cash bonus; or
ii. Performance Plan or Premium Plan: and be eligible for a $300 cash bonus or
iii. AIR MILES Plan: and be eligible for 1,000 bonus AIR MILES
(each an “Eligible Plan”) by October 31, 2019; and
[*] Keep the Chequing Account open, and in good standing (for example, your Chequing Account must not be in an unauthorized overdraft or in delinquent status) and
[*] Remain in an Eligible Plan until October 31, 2020.
1. Make a deposit of any amount to the Lead Chequing Account by October 31, 2019;
2. Set up one (1) recurring direct deposit from your employer, the government or your pension on your Lead Chequing Account and have deposits made into the account for at least two (2) consecutive months by December 31, 2019;
3. Make (1) Bill Payment through BMO Online Banking or the BMO Mobile App (of at least $50) for at least two (2) consecutive months from your Lead Chequing Account by December 31, 2019;
Eligible Plans part of the Senior, BMO NewStart, Registered Disability Savings Plan, and PwC Bank at Work discounted banking programs also qualify for this offer. All other discounted banking programs do not qualify for the Bonus.
• Customers who have an existing Canadian or U.S. Dollar Primary Chequing Account, Canadian or U.S. Dollar Interest Chequing Account, BMO Sobeys AIR MILES, Chequing Account, BMO Club Sobeys Chequing Account, BMO IGA AIR MILES Chequing Account (each an “Existing Account”) are not eligible for the Chequing Account Offer.
• Customers who closed their Existing Account between July 2, 2018 – October 31, 2019, and subsequently open a new Chequing Account are not eligible for the Chequing Account Offer.
• Joint Accounts: If two customers open a joint Chequing Account, no bonus will be paid if either customer has an Existing Account or closes their Existing Account between July 2, 2018 – October 31, 2019, and subsequently opens a new Chequing Account.
• Employees of Bank of Montreal and those with whom such employees are domiciled.
Savings Rate Offer:
According to fellow RFDer @ottawa_guy :
Once you open your Premium Plan or Performance Plan Chequing Account, you will receive an email invitation within 14 days to open a Smart Saver Account where you can earn 2.85% interest on deposits for up to 6 months. To receive this targeted email invitation, you must have a valid email on file, be signed up on BMO Online Banking and not have an existing Smart Saver Account or Savings Builder Account. The bonus rate will revert back to the posted rate after the offer period.