Real Estate

Earn back buyer's real estate agent commission - Become an Agent. New Humber College Course is now live!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2020 7:42 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 8, 2008
51 posts
6 upvotes
Ottawa
Just a heads up
I am doing the Humber college Real estate course now and the module has an expiry date (1 month). I hadn't completed my first module (part of it got sick, work, life, etc) well I have to pay again $525 to take that module course which I think it's BS

@eonibm you might wanna update the OP with this.
Last edited by Papichulo on Jan 10th, 2020 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 16, 2010
861 posts
305 upvotes
Mississauga
Papichulo wrote: Just a heads up
I am doing the humber college Real estate course now and the module have an expiry date (1 month). I hadnt completed my first module (part of it got sick, work, life etc) well I have to pay again $525 to take the course which I think it's BS
Wow, that's messed up. Sorry to hear that. Did you have to sign up for an exam date when you are registering (like the OREA one)? Are you able to reschedule/extend the date before it expired?
Jul 8, 2008
51 posts
6 upvotes
Ottawa
torspiker wrote: Wow, that's messed up. Sorry to hear that. Did you have to sign up for an exam date when you are registering (like the OREA one)? Are you able to reschedule/extend the date before it expired?
You don't have to sign up for the exam right away, you can start the course and then register for the exam later. I am still ticked off about it. I've sent them an email expressing my frustration with this. Nowhere in the FAQ that part is mentionned and it doesn't make sense to me at all. So yeah BEWARE
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2017
1247 posts
1005 upvotes
Papichulo wrote: You don't have to sign up for the exam right away, you can start the course and then register for the exam later. I am still ticked off about it. I've sent them an email expressing my frustration with this. Nowhere in the FAQ that part is mentionned and it doesn't make sense to me at all. So yeah BEWARE
Doesn't make sense what? If they clearly specify what the deadline is for completing the course, it kinda makes sense that something is gonna happen if you won't finish it until deadline.
Future salespersons should be responsible at some extent. Even if you are short on time, you can just click through entire course to mark it completed and access it anytime in the future.
The only thing that doesn't make sense is having deadlines at all for remote eLearning courses...but it kinda stimulates the discipline at the same time.
Jul 8, 2008
51 posts
6 upvotes
Ottawa
GalvToronto wrote: Doesn't make sense what? If they clearly specify what the deadline is for completing the course, it kinda makes sense that something is gonna happen if you won't finish it until deadline.
Future salespersons should be responsible at some extent. Even if you are short on time, you can just click through entire course to mark it completed and access it anytime in the future.
The only thing that doesn't make sense is having deadlines at all for remote eLearning courses...but it kinda stimulates the discipline at the same time.
Doesn't make sense to have deadlines for e-courses. If I was going there physically and having an instructor sure but not online kinda defeats the purpose of learn at your own pace. The whole flexibility aspect of is out the door. Anyway it is what it is, just a heads up for others.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2017
1247 posts
1005 upvotes
Papichulo wrote: Doesn't make sense to have deadlines for e-courses. If I was going there physically and having an instructor sure but not online kinda defeats the purpose of learn at your own pace. The whole flexibility aspect of is out the door. Anyway it is what it is, just a heads up for others.
We agreed that it makes no sense to have such deadline.
But since they have them and they clearly state them, they cannot be blamed for our breaching those deadlines.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
8106 posts
1167 upvotes
TO
Papichulo wrote: Just a heads up
I am doing the Humber college Real estate course now and the module has an expiry date (1 month). I hadn't completed my first module (part of it got sick, work, life, etc) well I have to pay again $525 to take that module course which I think it's BS

@eonibm you might wanna update the OP with this.
Wow, thanks for the heads-up, I was also under the impression it's at your own pace. I assume each of the modules have the same time limits. It'd be interesting to see if the 'Simulation' module/session in-person how that's conducted. individual or in groups.
GalvToronto wrote: Doesn't make sense what? If they clearly specify what the deadline is for completing the course, it kinda makes sense that something is gonna happen if you won't finish it until deadline.
Do you know for sure if one could refer back to the completed modules for reference?
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2017
1247 posts
1005 upvotes
TorontoEh wrote: Do you know for sure if one could refer back to the completed modules for reference?
Yes, I did it twice already.
It makes sense to do if you are in a rush. Slots on exams are limited and if you don't do early-completion, by the time you finish your course, many exam dates become unavailable...This trick lets you book exam for earlier date.

I started course 3 yesterday and already "completed" it...exam is booked for Jan 18th...I have enough time to study the course for real now and I am pretty certain I can access course materials after completion, lol...And just few days ago I could book exam on January 16th...missed that opportunity, no more slots available...these delays are so annoying...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
8106 posts
1167 upvotes
TO
GalvToronto wrote: Yes, I did it twice already.
It makes sense to do if you are in a rush. Slots on exams are limited and if you don't do early-completion, by the time you finish your course, many exam dates become unavailable...This trick lets you book exam for earlier date.
Gotcha! Thanks so much. I was concerned on the dates/timings of slots for exams.
Are you on the 3rd module/exam now? I see every module has a set number of dedicated hours they prescribe for learners so does the monthly or time limit increase if a module is let's say 70 hours (module 2) as oppose to module 1 (15 hours)?

edit: saw your response above after I posted, thanks for the helpful tips.
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2017
1247 posts
1005 upvotes
TorontoEh wrote: I see every module has a set number of dedicated hours they prescribe for learners so does the monthly or time limit increase if a module is let's say 70 hours (module 2) as oppose to module 1 (15 hours)?
Humber already gives you longer timeframe for completing bigger courses compared to shorter ones.
But unless it is simulation session, hours are fake...
Course2 was giant...even lessons with 4 hours in it were actually like 2 days...Hours they mention are not reliable. Therefore, you always should consider your performance and assess your capacity to study it all before exam date.
Jul 8, 2008
51 posts
6 upvotes
Ottawa
So good news, they decided to reinstate the course for me so I can complete it. From now on like @GalvToronto mentionned I am completing the courses right away
May 8, 2017
248 posts
120 upvotes
@eonium thanks for the detailed info... I enrolled for the humber college course and passed the first exam yesterday with flying colors. Looking forward to starting the second one....
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
8106 posts
1167 upvotes
TO
greenfury wrote: @eonium thanks for the detailed info... I enrolled for the humber college course and passed the first exam yesterday with flying colors. Looking forward to starting the second one....
How long did you study before writing the first one? I hear 2nd is the longest in terms of study and 3rd in terms of complexity of exam.

Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
4336 posts
1068 upvotes
Hamilton
Papichulo wrote: So good news, they decided to reinstate the course for me so I can complete it. From now on like @GalvToronto mentionned I am completing the courses right away
If you get caught like that again and if the fee includes the exam you might as well take a crack at it no matter what. You may fluke a pass or at least see what the exam is about for a better 2nd run at it.
May 8, 2017
248 posts
120 upvotes
TorontoEh wrote: How long did you study before writing the first one? I hear 2nd is the longest in terms of study and 3rd in terms of complexity of exam.
I studied for around 2 weeks.