Real Estate

Earn back buyer's real estate agent commission - Become an Agent. New Humber College Course is now live!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2020 7:42 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 26, 2019
24 posts
16 upvotes
pardnme wrote: i'm going to do this just to further myself personally.

if i have an accounting/tax/business background - and i've been engaged in several residential real estate transactions - could I just fly through this? or does it really require sitting down and studying?
I am taking the Humber College RE classes just for fun... I have worked in a law office and have bought/ sold several properties in the past.
This Real Estate Salesprogram program however, requires you to put in solid hours even if you have practical experience, as there are lots of slides for you to click through (and you cannot just skip a section). I find that time-consuming. Other than that, there are questions related to all sorts of regulations (eg fire code) that many of us may not be entirely familiar with. I use Passit for exam prep - it is an exam bank.

That said, I do find the course helpful though. It will give you a comprehensive and more in-depth understanding of the real estate market. Feel free to drop me a note if you have any other questions.
May 8, 2017
245 posts
119 upvotes
Hi,

Anybody opted for the in class sessions for course 2 & 3rd. Or the virtual sessions?
How beneficial they are?
Just wondering whether they are worth 300$ extra.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
4235 posts
1026 upvotes
Hamilton
I'm still under the old OREA exam program.
I still need to do exam 5 and 6.

I left it since last year. I guess I shouldn't have sat on it so long.
I wonder if they will extend the NOV 28 2020 deadline???

As far as I can tell, they are not even doing the testing right now.!
Oct 8, 2010
178 posts
42 upvotes
sidshock wrote: I'm still under the old OREA exam program.
I still need to do exam 5 and 6.

I left it since last year. I guess I shouldn't have sat on it so long.
I wonder if they will extend the NOV 28 2020 deadline???

As far as I can tell, they are not even doing the testing right now.!
OREA - Updated on: March 26, 2020 wrote:In-person exams cannot begin again until it has been deemed safe to do so. The health and wellbeing of our students, our employees and our communities is our priority.
Also wondering if we can bypass the test and start on the next course. I think we have to wait for the next announcement.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
4235 posts
1026 upvotes
Hamilton
Would be nice if they do a discount too!
But maybe time extension at the very least.
Or figure out how to administer the test online / home.

Worst case they should offer full refund.
Jun 21, 2018
8 posts
Don't we have to do the 5 courses before the deadline? The 6th course is the elective which can be done after registration (that's my understanding).

on another note.. as I am studying for the 3rd exam, do we have to do it in class? when I go to chose course 3b from OREA web site they say it has to be done through classroom. But then it says there is an online and correspondence option.

thanks.,
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
4235 posts
1026 upvotes
Hamilton
1happymoose3 wrote: Don't we have to do the 5 courses before the deadline? The 6th course is the elective which can be done after registration (that's my understanding).

on another note.. as I am studying for the 3rd exam, do we have to do it in class? when I go to chose course 3b from OREA web site they say it has to be done through classroom. But then it says there is an online and correspondence option.

thanks.,
You have to do 3a and 3b together, and pay for it in one shot.
All can be done online. Don't worry if it says it can't, other than the exam portion ofcourse.

I'm pretty sure all 6 (5+1 chosen) has to be done by the deadline. I may be wrong ( bonus)
Sep 16, 2010
847 posts
302 upvotes
Mississauga
sidshock wrote: I'm pretty sure all 6 (5+1 chosen) has to be done by the deadline. I may be wrong ( bonus)
That was my understanding as well.
Mar 28, 2020
2 posts
Even I am looking for minicram for the Commercial RE Transaction at this point of time , if you got this in past, can you share this with me
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
1065 posts
179 upvotes
the videos for example the first $525 is there a way to watch them through another source? seems hefty?
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2004
4522 posts
2142 upvotes
Toronto
report it as a business expense. You should actually get more money back in return reporting it this way.
Full-time Realtor
Apr 20, 2020
12 posts
3 upvotes
Hi,

Thank you for such an informative forum, it has certainly encouraged me to become a realtor. My intention to become realtor to not pay a commission while transacting for self, friends & family (hence part-timer).

However, I have one query and I know the perfect answer might only be provided by the company's HR but still checking if anybody knows about it.

I currently work full-time in bank treasury (and intend to continue), I wanted to check if I can become a Realtor or if there is any conflict of interest issue and might not be able to.

Thanks in advance.
DG
Dec 6, 2008
674 posts
197 upvotes
DGangar wrote: Hi,

Thank you for such an informative forum, it has certainly encouraged me to become a realtor. My intention to become realtor to not pay a commission while transacting for self, friends & family (hence part-timer).

However, I have one query and I know the perfect answer might only be provided by the company's HR but still checking if anybody knows about it.

I currently work full-time in bank treasury (and intend to continue), I wanted to check if I can become a Realtor or if there is any conflict of interest issue and might not be able to.

Thanks in advance.
DG
Does your organization deal with real estate by selling/buying properties and getting commissions. If you are going to be taking those customers and making money that might be seen as a conflict. If not, I do not see a conflict if you are being a realtor outside your normal office hours and so long as you do not use the company's time and material in your real estate dealings. Anyways, I'm not a HR so maybe someone else in this forum might give you a better answer.
Apr 20, 2020
12 posts
3 upvotes
Thanks for the reply.

No, I do not deal/face clients directly, my work is more back-end but I get your point. I was hoping if somebody on this forum had same background (or knows who had) and if they've done it. I was hoping to avoid reaching out to HR.

Appreciate your quick response.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)