• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2020 11:36 am
[OP]
Feb 15, 2016
8 posts
2 upvotes

Earn Scene Points on Auto-Debit?

Hey guys,

My rent is currently on auto debit, where a set amount is deducted from my account every month. If I were to get a Scene ScotiaCard, along with a chequing account, and have my rent get auto-debited from that account, would I earn scene points on the auto debit?

I tried searching online, and the only thing I see on Scene's website is: "Earn 1 point for every $5 spent using your SCENE debit card", so would this still apply with auto debit?
2 replies
Oct 12, 2005
675 posts
595 upvotes
Vancouver
No unfortunately you'll only earn Scene points if you use your physical debit card at stores.
Jan 3, 2003
425 posts
134 upvotes
Vancouver Island
ejohan wrote: No unfortunately you'll only earn Scene points if you use your physical debit card at stores.
Not entirely correct. You get points on any payments made online with your Scene debit, ie. I make my CRA payments with it and get points. In OP's case he might be able to pay from his debit through a service like Tenant Pay, but I think he might have to manually pay it every month.

OP....I would suggest you check out the Canadian Tire World Elite Mastercard thread, you may be able to grab some points paying rent that way. Potentially you can double up, pay your rent with the Mastercard and get CT money, then pay the Mastercard online with the debit and get scene points.