• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2019 2:12 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
3192 posts
2087 upvotes

East Coast trip advice

Going to my friends wedding in Aug 2020. Taking my wife and daughter (will be 1.5 years old at the time). The wedding is near Fredericton NB. we will stay there for 2 nights and then I wanted to drive to PEI and Nova Scotia. We have about 7-8 days total. What are the essential things that we need to see? also, what route should we be taking, NB, PEI, NS? also, if we rent the car in NB can we drop it in NS? Thanks guys!
2 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
14024 posts
8120 upvotes
Toronto
riseagainstthemachine wrote: Going to my friends wedding in Aug 2020. Taking my wife and daughter (will be 1.5 years old at the time). The wedding is near Fredericton NB. we will stay there for 2 nights and then I wanted to drive to PEI and Nova Scotia. We have about 7-8 days total. What are the essential things that we need to see? also, what route should we be taking, NB, PEI, NS? also, if we rent the car in NB can we drop it in NS? Thanks guys!
Try searching, there are a ton of threads on this topic:

toronto-nova-scotia-road-trip-2226653/

maritimes-travel-itinerary-2046667/

maritime-province-4-days-may-2170620/

east-coast-canada-nb-pei-ns-kids-6-9-2261136/
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4328 posts
1338 upvotes
Moncton
There is about a $100 drop off fee for not not returning your car to the same place. There is a ferry between Nova Scotia and Saint-John, although I think that would end up costing you more than $100.

Fundy Trail Parkway. Cape Enrage. Hopewell Rocks. Any beach in PEI. Cape Breton. Honestly it is hard to go wrong in August. First two weeks are high season. Swimming can get iffy after that. Really, the only place to swim is Parlee Beach, next to Shediac, New Brunswick. Other places have great beaches but the water is too cold.

Fredericton has a historical village (I’ve never been). Saint-John has a nice museum. Moncton has a zoo, water park and plenty of hotels.

Use Google Streetview to double check the must see towns in Nova Scotia that may or may not be of any interest to you.

For brief passing through visits:

-Fort Beauséjour in Aulac, NB.
-Joggins Fossil Clifs
-Cape Chinecto Provincial Park
-Parborro’s Fundy Geological Museum
-Springhill NS to fantasize about buying $15,000 houses.
-Cape George Point (Nice ocean views, although it is no Cape Breton).
-Peggy’s Cove
-St. Andrews, NB.
-Campobello Island, entering or exiting via Maine.

Porter flies to Fredericton, Saint-John, Moncton and Halifax. So does WestJet except for Saint-John.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada