Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Costco] East - GTA Clearance Items Ending in .97 - General Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2020 2:28 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
7712 posts
1456 upvotes
Anyone seen the wetsuit seat covers for cars this year? USA side brought them back. Wonder why hasn't Canada....
Jun 22, 2008
63 posts
6 upvotes
watch out with the clearance plant bulbs - I bought a bag and the bulbs had completely dissolved
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
2985 posts
17191 upvotes
sumo500 wrote: watch out with the clearance plant bulbs - I bought a bag and the bulbs had completely dissolved
Did you return it letting CS know that they were no good?

EPcjay wrote: Anyone seen the wetsuit seat covers for cars this year? USA side brought them back. Wonder why hasn't Canada....
Different market and also depends on how well they sell locally.
Apr 29, 2019
36 posts
75 upvotes
Vaughan - 400/HWY7

Very proud of myself for giving back to the thread :)

The Global knives are awesome. I bought these 5 years ago from the William Ashley warehouse sale and the chef knife on its own costs more than the set of three.
EE0168D0-FD1D-438E-A4E2-0786E49A271D.jpeg
2261AA57-827A-45AC-88DC-312CA58E4BFE.jpeg
C7230FBD-E67D-4FCC-BBFC-70D882B76860.jpeg
93832F0E-1311-4E60-81E1-765807DF238D.jpeg
Apr 29, 2019
36 posts
75 upvotes
mycp wrote: Thanks, was looking for the helium tank.
Lots of them at 400/7 Vaughan locationM l
Mar 25, 2019
147 posts
116 upvotes
mycp wrote: Thanks, was looking for the helium tank.
Its still reg price not reduced. $39.99
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
2985 posts
17191 upvotes
wing004 wrote: Vaughan - 400/HWY7

Very proud of myself for giving back to the thread :)

The Global knives are awesome. I bought these 5 years ago from the William Ashley warehouse sale and the chef knife on its own costs more than the set of three.
Probably the best set of knives I've ever owned and I've had them for well over 12yrs. It's crazy that I dont need to sharpen these as much I anything else I have ever owned and between wife and myself we put in a hell of alot of use and torture on these blades and wouldn't go back to anything else.

I recently picked up a 7" Miyabi Black Santoku knife and I still keep going back to my global knives, I dont know what it is but as already mentioned, that chef knife alone is worth all three knives together. Best to pick up a set and if it goes down even further you are just making money off these things, they basically pay for themselves.
Apr 19, 2007
290 posts
71 upvotes
York
bigzinc10 wrote: At 410 Brampton. One left.
Thanks!!!!! Picked it up, hauling it to the cottage tomorrow.
The display one is still there.
The box fit snugly in the Ford edge, but damn it's heavy.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
2985 posts
17191 upvotes
newin96 wrote: Thanks!!!!! Picked it up, hauling it to the cottage tomorrow.
The display one is still there.
The box fit snugly in the Ford edge, but damn it's heavy.
Definitely not for the faint of heart :) great price.
Jun 24, 2015
223 posts
118 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
markopas wrote: Probably the best set of knives I've ever owned and I've had them for well over 12yrs. It's crazy that I dont need to sharpen these as much I anything else I have ever owned and between wife and myself we put in a hell of alot of use and torture on these blades and wouldn't go back to anything else.

I recently picked up a 7" Miyabi Black Santoku knife and I still keep going back to my global knives, I dont know what it is but as already mentioned, that chef knife alone is worth all three knives together. Best to pick up a set and if it goes down even further you are just making money off these things, they basically pay for themselves.
Ugh, i just bought the zwilling 3pc knives + 2 pans for $150 from the bay and now i see this... i really want a knife set that doesn't need to be sharpened often. thoughts??
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
2985 posts
17191 upvotes
cozyhug wrote: Ugh, i just bought the zwilling 3pc knives + 2 pans for $150 from the bay and now i see this... i really want a knife set that doesn't need to be sharpened often. thoughts??
Knives need to be sharpened, that's just part of the game but I noticed when I had my global knives I tended not to sharpen them as often as I did my Henckels.

Japanese knives require a more lower degree and angle for sharpening, luckily there are self sharpening gadgets that can make your life a little less painful - I personally have the proper blocks for sharpening and even got a strapping block to give it an even more sharper edge but time is always a factor for people and keep going back to my trusted minoSharp 3 part sharpener which I will list below.

The MinoSharp 3 ceramic blade sharpener is the one I use, you only use blue wheel for really rough knives or to help with inclusions or damages, normally you fill the unit with water, and then run 10 passes on the orange wheel and then check your blade and if you are satisfied, you move to the white wheel and run 10 passes, clean the blade under hot soapy water and dry it off and you are done.

This sharpener is good for ANY japanese knife, do not use it for any other european style blade.
Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 09.41.20.png
Jun 24, 2015
223 posts
118 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
wow, thanks for the detailed insight!!
Apr 29, 2019
36 posts
75 upvotes
You should keep your eyes peeled on The Bay. They had the full Global set on sale a few weeks ago for $300 or 400.

Aside from that, like Markopas said, all knives need to be sharpened. If you don't want to sharpen them often then preventative measures are important. I.e. hand wash, never leave sitting in sink (damages the blade and it's dangerous) and wipe dry immediately after washing.