Expired Hot Deals

[East Side Marios] East Side Mario's - Buy one, take one home free . Pasta promo. Ends Oct 11. 15X Scene points

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2020 4:16 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21312 posts
23703 upvotes
Toronto

[East Side Marios] East Side Mario's - Buy one, take one home free . Pasta promo. Ends Oct 11. 15X Scene points

got email just now:

Attention pasta lovers, your favourite time of year is here! Dine-in on one of nine delizioso entrées including ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT Soup/Salad and Garlic Homeloaf and take home one of three signature pastas for FREE! Bellissima? We think so! Only here until October 11th, 2020.

Also 15X Scene points if you collect those

https://www.scene.ca/en-ca/offers#/m/offersv2/CARA00808
Last edited by sprung on Oct 8th, 2020 8:16 am, edited 7 times in total.
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
24 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2135 posts
1077 upvotes
rcheung13 wrote: Bad experience?
Not specifically, just the most notorious fake-Italian food restaurant chain in possible existence. Up there with Olive Garden.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21312 posts
23703 upvotes
Toronto
razrsharp wrote: Not specifically, just the most notorious fake-Italian food restaurant chain in possible existence. Up there with Olive Garden.
sadly these big chains are the only ones with $ to survive long COVID closures . Many delicious, independent restaurants are gone forever (at least in Toronto)
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
27675 posts
8031 upvotes
Just a heads up (unless they have changed it) the "free take home pasta" is total trash and worse than some of the better frozen/microwave meals (like Crave). Not that their "real" pasta is anything special to begin with but the "take home" thing is not the same as their dine-in or take-out pasta, it's some other weirdness that is about as good as Chef Boyardee. You can't even eat it, it's so bad. I don't even get why they do this, why not just give you a regular take-out portion of their normal dishes?

ESM, the worst of the Cara chains. I actually think that take home stuff is the same stuff they put out in the prisons, lol. (Cara does food services for a lot of those too I believe.)
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2754 posts
2351 upvotes
Richmond Hill
It is good deal. When it happen in the pass, I paid 1 meal and eat as 3 meal (we go as family of 4)

We don't eat big bowl of pasta. So we usually just eat 1/3 of the hot pasta we ordered, and take away 2/3.
We enjoy the unlimited soup/salard when we done in.

The 2/3 that packed away will be lunch/dinner later in the week.

The free cold take home part will go into freezer to be consum later (don't want 3 pasta meal in a week).

RFD style!
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Jan 13, 2005
531 posts
128 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Their food offering are subpar. Lots of marketing but yucky food when you actually taste them.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
32921 posts
6519 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
sprung wrote: Many delicious, independent restaurants are gone forever (at least in Toronto)
Pasta costs pennies and they charge a premium for the dine in experience. If you want pasta, make your own at home for a fraction of the price. How long does it take to boil water?

Independents are no better. Look at old spaghetti factory. They are downtown, rent is a premium and they have been around for half a century.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2033 posts
936 upvotes
Ontario
Several years ago went to Eastside at Niagara falls because of the hotel "promotion", what a mistake, just another tourist trap; well, you fooled me once...
Currently happy customer with Telus and Freedom Mobile
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3432 posts
1463 upvotes
Scarborough
The unlimited salad and bread is worth the $, an extra free order of pasta and i'm good.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1115 posts
630 upvotes
NOYB
I don't mind 'fake' ethnic food so long as it's tasty

But esm just has bad food overall
Zoomer + VoIP.ms user

Stay away from OT/PRC and whoever acts like an xxxxxxx there.
Penalty Box
Apr 14, 2019
805 posts
717 upvotes
rcheung13 wrote: Bad experience?
no, just being a goof
$tay home, $ave lives, while the government rape$ the economy on behalf of billionaire$. It’$ not the principle, it’$ the MONEY!
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3735 posts
2057 upvotes
Terabithia wrote: I don't mind 'fake' ethnic food so long as it's tasty

But esm just has bad food overall
I overheard someone say once before, "If you like Chef Boyardee, you'll love East Side Marios".
May 17, 2017
353 posts
705 upvotes
Terrible food, buyer be warned.

Have worked at ESM before under Chef Mike.

Apparently Chef Mike-rowave works at all ESM restaurants and does almost all of the cooking.