Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
East Side Marios

Family PIZZA/PASTA deal for 4 - $36 (only valid for delivery or pickup)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 14th, 2020 1:43 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2960 posts
2337 upvotes
Calgary
I agree that the entrees are just ok here (and some are gross). Like I said above, the appeal is generally the “before the meal” stuff - soup, salad and garlic bread (Italian wedding is a personal favourite - I can usually eat 4 bowls of it and then just pack up my entree for later as someone else mentioned). It’s also a decent place for kids (some nights they have a balloon person walking around, for example).
Apr 20, 2015
226 posts
229 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
toguy wrote: I realize it's a matter of personal taste, but this has got to be the worst restaurant franchise under the Cara (well, now Recipes Unlimited or whatever) umbrella. In fact, it may very well be the worst chain in Canada period. I have been to a few different locations over the years and each and every time I have been disappointed. I find the food to be *very* subpar and the portions to be fairly small, and the prices aren't exactly really cheap or anything...
Im on Ottawa n wish they had a olive garden I find it much better the ESM. In quality n taste. Love olive gardens soups!! Just my Opinion
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
929 upvotes
NOYFB
ESM is bad both in taste and service Imo. Wonder how they are still in business
<inappropriate signature>
Jan 13, 2012
565 posts
617 upvotes
Vancouver
vkizzle wrote: I have more money than time.
Why the hell do people buy Pizza Pizza?
Booze and garlic dipping sauce, duh. They know their market, which is why I can get a fresh Panzo at 3am.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41788 posts
30051 upvotes
Center of Universe
chris5555 wrote: Booze and garlic dipping sauce, duh. They know their market, which is why I can get a fresh Panzo at 3am.
Yeah, their garlic sauce is the best.
Dec 26, 2018
199 posts
277 upvotes
LOLatyou wrote: I’m confused. For two meals? There’s dozens of legit Italian places that would throw a really good chicken Parm at you for similar pricing as ESM. Here’s a link to just one http://fusaros.com/ but I mean google local Italian takeout restaurant and you’ll find dozens more. Heck, even the old spaghetti factory.

Again, if you enjoy it that’s awesome... personal tastes and such. I just don’t get it in a place like Toronto with the Italian options we have.
Maybe because a lot of people don't live in Toronto? Man, I'm not even an hour west of you and I've never felt more of a kinship to Vancouverites than when I read your comment.
May 24, 2020
103 posts
208 upvotes
RaySmith wrote: Maybe because a lot of people don't live in Toronto? Man, I'm not even an hour west of you and I've never felt more of a kinship to Vancouverites than when I read your comment.
Move to Vancouver? Also a place you can find better Italian at a better price.
Dec 26, 2018
199 posts
277 upvotes
LOLatyou wrote: Move to Vancouver? Also a place you can find better Italian at a better price.
Completely missed the point; guess I shouldn't be surprised based on the thoughtful quality of your previous comment, too.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
toguy wrote: I realize it's a matter of personal taste, but this has got to be the worst restaurant franchise under the Cara (well, now Recipes Unlimited or whatever) umbrella. In fact, it may very well be the worst chain in Canada period. I have been to a few different locations over the years and each and every time I have been disappointed. I find the food to be *very* subpar and the portions to be fairly small, and the prices aren't exactly really cheap or anything...
I dunno about the worst in Canada (there's definitely worse chains I think) but I agree that it's definitely the worst under Cara and not worth going to at all. The pasta is nothing great and overpriced. But the worst are the promos where they give you a "take home" meal when you buy a dine-in meal only the "take home" meal isn't even the same thing you get in-restaurant. It's something seemingly worse than frozen microwave food :confused: Why don't they just give you regular takeout? Oh right because that would cost them more, even though it's already just cheap overpriced pasta to begin with! Mind boggling.
Jun 27, 2017
261 posts
348 upvotes
we go purely because the kids enjoy it and is not as fancy as some the Italian places we prefer to ESM.
Jul 15, 2019
222 posts
177 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
All I can say from Vancouver is they had a heck of a commercial during the Canucks' 2011 playoff run. Never got to try the restaurant though, heard there was one an hour from where I live and I wasn't going to drive for that lol.