44 upvotes

Deal on Easynews - $35.88 for Unlimited Usenet

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
50%
Retailer:
Easynews
Easynews is running a sale on their Unlimited account for $35.88 USD. This is a really low price point for this provider and the membership includes access to both their NNTP and HHTP servers. If you are new to Usenet and don't want to go through the automation process or use NZB's, use their web search feature.
Thread Summary
As always, check out r/Usenet where all your questions are answered.
Usenet map in post #7
25 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2002
1220 posts
427 upvotes
Midland
Thanks OP! Great deal! This is the only usenet provider with a searchable web interface.
[OP]
Jun 25, 2019
35 posts
44 upvotes
The searchable web interface is one of the hidden gems of Usenet.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4111 posts
5278 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Hmm, I'm on Tweak's $30EUR deal, but I can't max out my 1Gbps connection. Should I switch?
[OP]
Jun 25, 2019
35 posts
44 upvotes
Tweak and Easynews are complementary to each other so you may want to keep both and use one as a backup.
Feb 26, 2017
577 posts
411 upvotes
i've got ninja and .farm would this be of any use in that setup?
Feb 14, 2006
388 posts
309 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
Atillathepun wrote: i've got ninja and .farm would this be of any use in that setup?
The usability is only a consideration if you are not automated or are looking for 72hr+ old stuff. Automated take downs affect nearly any operating in USA, and many share the same back feed so A feeds B but if it's not on A due to a fast automated take down it will never even make it to B..

Your indexer would be the place to invest if you are not buying NTD servers in Europe and are subject to DMCA, I am not overly familiar but most companies do not use NTD as they have a USA footprint or host and don't want to be shut down.

If you are not having issues filling what you're looking for a new nntp server won't add any benefit. I would check out recent Usenet maps to know who is backfeeding who as it constantly changes as omicron slowly eats any existing competition.

Eweka is my recommendation and they never have any notable sales which to me is for good reason. 80% of things I look for that are old (week to month) but aren't obfuscated come from their servers successfully. Otherwise an obfuscated indexer usually makes mirrors that'll work on any Usenet service that meets the retention requirement so the choice is strictly between speed, retention, and price.
Jan 29, 2007
29 posts
8 upvotes
Can anyone speak to the quality of the VPN they provide? It's called Privado and I can't find much current information about it as a service.
May 23, 2008
661 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
I had easynews through Kodi Gaia until 6 weeks ago. Got a "come back" email with this offer. Signed up, but it seems I can't use it with Gaia anymore?
[OP]
Jun 25, 2019
35 posts
44 upvotes
You would already be pulling from the same feed with your current setup. The only advantage for you would be the web search feature, but not sure if it's worth it if you already have automation setup.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2003
2102 posts
201 upvotes
I have the same deal from last Nov. Trying to figure out if I can pay sale price now and have it renew Nov/2020. Will post results.
Sep 28, 2014
32 posts
47 upvotes
Huron East
Easynews is HW (DMCA) backbone. If you have a usenet on HW already (which is the far majority) then this is redundant. If you want a backup you should look at another backbone with NTD such as usenet.farm block or wait until Eweka goes on sale.

EDIT: $36 isn't really hot. It's pretty normal price. (Newshosting is $36 always, NewsgroupDirect price matches (link on their website to offsite deals). Usenetprime is $15 for 6 months or $50 for 2 years. (It's on UsenetExpress backbone)
[OP]
Jun 25, 2019
35 posts
44 upvotes
@AlexV616 look at the regular pricing of Easynews, they offer monthly plans that range from $10-$30 a month, this is far better than a normal price. If you want a reliable backup you are way better off going with Eweka vs any of the UsenetExpress backbone providers.
Sep 28, 2014
32 posts
47 upvotes
Huron East
northernbound wrote: @AlexV616 look at the regular pricing of Easynews, they offer monthly plans that range from $10-$30 a month, this is far better than a normal price. If you want a reliable backup you are way better off going with Eweka vs any of the UsenetExpress backbone providers.
Never look at regular price. Newsdemon is $25/year with code REDDIT50.