• Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2018 2:10 am
[OP]
Feb 6, 2017
18 posts
27 upvotes
Saint John, NB

[EB Games] $5 Wii U Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival

EB Games is selling these off for $5. There were only two left tho in Cambridge, Ontario where I got mine!
Images
  • 2018-02-27 14.44.45.jpg
16 replies
[OP]
Feb 6, 2017
18 posts
27 upvotes
Saint John, NB
Really? Crap...ah well for 5 bucks I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
1125 posts
521 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
I picked this up when it as on sale. The Amiibo's alone are worth cost of entry. Good for a couple go-rounds with friends.
Beware the RFD Effect
Sep 9, 2014
680 posts
578 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Watch a YouTube video before you jump on this garbage.

It’s not even worth $5. It’s downright trash... I agree. How did they ever publish this?

Don’t waste your money. Trust us!!
[OP]
Feb 6, 2017
18 posts
27 upvotes
Saint John, NB
Moved a while back but never changed the address on here.
Jan 31, 2007
162 posts
120 upvotes
British Columbia
What can one do with said amiibos outside of the game?
Apr 25, 2006
362 posts
146 upvotes
Ontario
WayneMcCracken wrote: Really? Crap...ah well for 5 bucks I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it.
I actually enjoy playing this with friends and their kids. If I had a Wii U I'd pick one up. Telling another friend to get a copy. Thanks :)
Dec 28, 2012
558 posts
371 upvotes
OTTAWA
Agreed with the rest I'll likely never play it but it's worth $5 for the two amiibos. There are still two left at train yards in Ottawa. I just left
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2003
3119 posts
603 upvotes
Ottawa
Raiikoh wrote: What can one do with said amiibos outside of the game?
Presumably they'll at least provide some sort of random bonus for other games that can use amiibos. And they'll almost certainly work with Animal Crossing 3DS – which of course already includes the Desert Island Escape game from Amiibo Festival.

On that note, apparently the standalone 3DS NFC Reader (for older 3DS models) has become shockingly expensive.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2003
3119 posts
603 upvotes
Ottawa
I just picked up the last one from EB Rideau. I can't believe it was sitting there this whole week at $5! Maybe it is cursed and Digby will murder me in my sleep.

I didn't realize how scarce Amiibos were becoming either. I mean, the Switch is supposed to support Amiibos, isn't it? Now I wish I had picked some up when Wal-Mart was clearing them out for next to nothing.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1336 posts
327 upvotes
These amiibos are crap. No one care-or wants them, and there are WAY too many of them.

So many stores have them for $3 and still can’t get rid of them. In 20 years these will still be space wasting crap, just like $5 NES titles are. Saying “it’s worth it for the amiibos” is simply not true.
Deal Guru
Oct 7, 2010
10183 posts
1975 upvotes
Raiikoh wrote: What can one do with said amiibos outside of the game?
Can scan and get items for other games. 5 bucks for 2? So getting it if saw them.

Saw 1 on sale like 5.99 for one at toys r us. But didn't buy.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2003
3119 posts
603 upvotes
Ottawa
broc wrote: These amiibos are crap. No one care-or wants them, and there are WAY too many of them.
Prices on eBay or Kijiji still seem to be kind of high.
broc wrote: So many stores have them for $3 and still can’t get rid of them.
Which stores? I thought they might turn up in the local dollar stores alongside the old Disney Infinity, Yo-Kai Watch, and Skylanders merch, but they don't seem to have fallen that far yet.