Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

75% extra trade credit towards used games April 4 only

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2019 4:20 am
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
2367 posts
1448 upvotes
Sarnia
wilhelmthe1st wrote: Only problem is don't really have anything I want to trade in for lol
Being a collector also I have some games I got cheap at SDM and EB Games recently and could profit from trading them in to get a better game but .... again I am a collector. Some things to think about.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
2367 posts
1448 upvotes
Sarnia
"75% extra trade credit towards used games April 4 only"

I remember when in one of the stores two days ago the employees were talking and they said "The way this promo is worded what if someone comes in with a console or consoles and asks for the bump?" It was said something like that. They both were happy for themselves though as they were not to work this day. : )

More info. ....

https://www.ebgames.ca/playdoffers/Inde ... 19%20Playd

"Run dates: April 4, 2019 only
In Store Only!Extra trade percentage is only valid when trading towards any Playd or Recharged items. Offer valid on Nintendo Switch, PS4 & XB1 games only. Offer valid only towards games normally accepted in trade. Games must include original cases and artwork. Cannot be combined with any other trade offer excluding EDGE. No duplicate titles accepted. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Trades are subject to Manager approval. Offer subject to change at any time."

It doesn't say no to trading in consoles or controllers for that matter . LOL!
Last edited by LetsMakeADeal2013 on Apr 4th, 2019 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2004
3058 posts
488 upvotes
Mississauga
whats the trade in value on smash bros in case anybody traded it in?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
3108 posts
3603 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: "75% extra trade credit towards used games April 4 only"

I remember when in one of the stores two days ago the employees were talking and they said "The way this promo is worded what if someone comes in with a console or consoles and asks for the bump?" It was said something like that. They both were happy for themselves though as they were not to work this day. : )

More info. ....

In Store Only!Extra trade percentage is only valid when trading towards any Playd or Recharged items. Offer valid on Nintendo Switch, PS4 & XB1 games only. Offer valid only towards games normally accepted in trade. Games must include original cases and artwork. Cannot be combined with any other trade offer excluding EDGE. No duplicate titles accepted. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Trades are subject to Manager approval. Offer subject to change at any time."

it does though, it says only switch games, xbox one games and ps4 games are the ones that get a 75% bump, so that would exclude consoles/accessories/other hardware. You can trade towards those though. I am so peeved that my local ebgames did not tell me about this promo when i traded in a few games worth $33 each... i feel i got gipped $24 each if i had done it today... I did it on sunday. (and apparently they knew since last week)
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
3108 posts
3603 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Haris wrote: whats the trade in value on smash bros in case anybody traded it in?
probably $33 seems to be the max right now for a base value, if smash isn't $33 then no game should be, lol.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
2367 posts
1448 upvotes
Sarnia
junglemage666 wrote: it does though, it says only switch games, xbox one games and ps4 games are the ones that get a 75% bump, so that would exclude consoles/accessories/other hardware. You can trade towards those though. I am so peeved that my local ebgames did not tell me about this promo when i traded in a few games worth $33 each... i feel i got gipped $24 each if i had done it today... I did it on sunday. (and apparently they knew since last week)
It isn't clear as it could be speaking to this ...

"Offer valid only towards games normally accepted in trade."
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2011
1198 posts
877 upvotes
Before bump
PS4 Dissidia Final Fantasy NT 5
PS4 Final Fantasy 15
PS4 Kingdom Hearts 33
PS4 Tales of Vesperia 25

Avoid going to the Hwy 27 and Langstaff location in Woodbridge, the CSR said she would manually remove the 10/15% edge discount even if the system allowed it because the 75% promo fine print says it cannot be combined with edge.

"One or the other, not both" - terrible CSR.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
4548 posts
2623 upvotes
Just confirmed Pokémon Pikachu still has a $33 trade in value. That is before the 75% bump.
Nov 24, 2015
165 posts
125 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
anyone happen to know what Octopath is trading in for these days?
Jan 24, 2013
95 posts
36 upvotes
EDMONTON
Anyone know what division 2, battlefield 1, overwatch, evil within 2, need for speed payback is going for Xbox?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10293 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
rhinos wrote: It was $20 when i traded it in on Mar 15th
Thanks, I think I'll give em a call and see if they'll tell me seeing as it's not listed on the Featured value list.
Oct 3, 2010
176 posts
175 upvotes
Toronto
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: "75% extra trade credit towards used games April 4 only"

More info. ....

I went to 2 stores today and one of the reps told me today was the last day for any PS3 and XB360 controllers or games to be traded in. I traded 2 PS3 old controllers today for $15 each but no extra credit was applied (as per T&Cs above). For PS3 games they only offered me a few cents, so I'd rather keep them! Also traded AC Odyssey for PS4 (originally at $23 for $42 with today's bonus).
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10293 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Like last day period, ever? I knew something was up because they'd removed PS3/360 games from their Trade-in value PDFs.

Wonder if they're gonna have some mega clearance
Oct 3, 2010
176 posts
175 upvotes
Toronto
chemicalxv wrote: Like last day period, ever? I knew something was up because they'd removed PS3/360 games from their Trade-in value PDFs.

Wonder if they're gonna have some mega clearance
Hey chemicalxv, I asked that as well and the rep said they will clear these out. This should happen very soon, happy collecting!
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2002
3070 posts
2094 upvotes
Midland
Anyone care to guess when they might run this promo again?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
4026 posts
1858 upvotes
joe2k1 wrote: Anyone care to guess when they might run this promo again?
They seem to run on a rotation. One week consolw trade, another week accessories/controllers and then games... i assume in a month we might see 50% trade credit...

I would love to trade black op4 but im not really a fan of trading and paying additional money to get a used game..so i opted not to use this promo.
Feb 14, 2007
961 posts
316 upvotes
Traded 2 copies of anthem and found a store with a copy of dmc5. Got $57.75 each so paid 1.50 got dmc5 they made me get the game play guarantee whatever. At least they didn't make me spend the other leftover credit on used games