Expired Hot Deals

EB Games/Best Buy Limited edition Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox One X $379.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2020 12:25 pm
Oct 1, 2006
614 posts
76 upvotes
Ottawa & Brampto…
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: You have to wait til September to get this? Passing on it if so. I need an Xbox X but ..

Also when is the new console coming out and does it have backwards compatibility?
You'll have to wait for the game to release to play, but there is no indication that you'll have to wait for the console. People are posting their console pics on reddit already (USA I assume).
"And if you don't know, now you know"
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1179 posts
805 upvotes
Toronto
Different things being said. Frustrating as I would rather be charged in September than to have over $400+ taken away right now. LOL!
Jun 4, 2020
1 posts
1 upvote
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: Different things being said. Frustrating as I would rather be charged in September than to have over $400+ taken away right now. LOL!
The console is out now, the game is only digital and will be possible to play only in september.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2002
4709 posts
1905 upvotes
for anyone wondering, consoles have already shipped in Canada so if they have stock the wait for shipping should be minimal. You won't have to wait until september to get the console but the digital game won't be playable until september. I ordered another one from best buy. I wanted the controller and the game and that is like 40% of the cost of this console bundle, plus it looks super cool.
That's 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.
Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2008
1218 posts
775 upvotes
NightRain wrote: for anyone wondering, consoles have already shipped in Canada so if they have stock the wait for shipping should be minimal. You won't have to wait until september to get the console but the digital game won't be playable until september. I ordered another one from best buy. I wanted the controller and the game and that is like 40% of the cost of this console bundle, plus it looks super cool.
This is great to know, thanks!

It's funny i'm the exact opposite of you. I would much rather have a plain controller and plain xbox one x rather than this cyberpunk one, but I just want the great price point.

If i get it soon, I wonder if there will be any way to exchange it for one without all the cyberpunk stuff.
Jun 28, 2013
277 posts
82 upvotes
The Moon
You can get 3 months of game pass ultimate for 5$ if you buy it from bestbuy
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
2767 posts
4430 upvotes
London, Ontario
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: Also when is the new console coming out and does it have backwards compatibility?
The Xbox Series X's announced release date is November 26, 2020. It will have full backwards compatibility all the way back to the original Xbox games that work on the One (meaning everything that currently works on Xbox One will work on Series X).

This is what Phil Spencer said about the Xbox Series X's compatibility: "Our commitment to compatibility means existing Xbox One games, including backward-compatible Xbox 360 and original Xbox games, look and play better than ever before," Spencer says. "Your favorite games, including titles in Xbox Game Pass, benefit from steadier framerates, faster load times and improved resolution and visual fidelity – all with no developer work required. Your Xbox One gaming accessories also come forward with you."
Last edited by SoldierZeroB on Jun 6th, 2020 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1179 posts
805 upvotes
Toronto
Couldn't resist. Now to see when I get it. Also then time to unload the Xbox One S. I can't imagine getting much for it these days.
Last edited by LetsMakeADeal2013 on Jun 5th, 2020 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
1207 posts
374 upvotes
Vancouver
Been thinking of getting the One X as a media center since it's not that much more than an Nvidia Shield Pro. Anyone doing this already?
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2002
4709 posts
1905 upvotes
DanP wrote: This is great to know, thanks!

It's funny i'm the exact opposite of you. I would much rather have a plain controller and plain xbox one x rather than this cyberpunk one, but I just want the great price point.

If i get it soon, I wonder if there will be any way to exchange it for one without all the cyberpunk stuff.
I love the xbox controllers, I have a bunch of them like gears of war, sea of thieves, titanfall, etc but I don't ever use them. I use elite controllers to play and usally don't even take the controllers out of the box and just collect them. I'm not crazy enough to buy all the xbox one controllers but I usually get the ones I really like or the unique ones.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2002
4709 posts
1905 upvotes
Darkslayer16 wrote: You can get 3 months of game pass ultimate for 5$ if you buy it from bestbuy
yep, that is what I did.
Aug 24, 2019
42 posts
34 upvotes
Vancouver
Ash177 wrote: I am a question, If I pre order now will they charge the amount now on the credit card or when it’s shipped.
They usually authorize first and capture funds when shipped!
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2002
4709 posts
1905 upvotes
dekay wrote: Been thinking of getting the One X as a media center since it's not that much more than an Nvidia Shield Pro. Anyone doing this already?
I have a xbox one elite (old design with 1tb hdd and bundled elite controller) that I use solely for media playback. and have xbox one systems in other rooms that I use for a mix of games and media. they are fantastic for media playback and have an IR port for universal remote compatibility. I use disney+, youtube, plex, netflix, crave, etc without any problems. the elite system I mentioned replaced a htpc and I couldn't be happier. You can even use a keyboard and mouse to surf the web if you like.
Dec 21, 2006
649 posts
332 upvotes
NightRain wrote: yep, that is what I did.
Are you sure, it says excluding pre-orders. Check your final price, it's still $25 for the game pass I think.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1179 posts
805 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone here ever do an order through PayPal with EB Games where you just use your balance on PayPal plus your bank account? I am wondering how long that process will take. I had to do this instead of adding my credit card because I would have went over if both my order for the RX 5700 XT and this were done on it.