• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2019 11:00 pm
[OP]
Nov 19, 2017
568 posts
1366 upvotes
Toronto

[EB Games] Biogenik Gamecube Controller Adapter for Switch $19.99

Just picked one of these up from EB Games for $19.99.

Solid deal considering its nearly impossible to find the original Nintendo one anywhere for retail and now even 3rd party companies are charging premium prices.

Check online for stock available at your nearest location.

https://www.ebgames.ca/Accessories/Game ... er-adapter

IMG_1796.jpg
15 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2011
2251 posts
1173 upvotes
Parksville, BC
Grab them while you can. These were tough to find at $24.99.
Nov 28, 2013
378 posts
219 upvotes
I'm surprised so many people are picking this up. I thought only tournament players cared about using GameCube controllers for Smash. I guess maybe it's more affordable to play 8 players with Gamecube controllers over Pro controllers and/or Joy-Cons.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
2730 posts
1338 upvotes
Montreal
Jonald wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 8:49 pm
I'm surprised so many people are picking this up. I thought only tournament players cared about using GameCube controllers for Smash. I guess maybe it's more affordable to play 8 players with Gamecube controllers over Pro controllers and/or Joy-Cons.
Smash players that are anything more than casual usually prefer the ergonomics of the GC controller + they already own those. Its not only more affordable for their switch setup, but it is also more comfortable.

I personally play with a pro controller, do not own GC controllers, and am only a casual player.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2011
2251 posts
1173 upvotes
Parksville, BC
Jonald wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 8:49 pm
My son's roommate has a GameCube with 4 controllers already. They are vastly superior to using the joy-cons in single horizontal mode.
Apr 1, 2009
17 posts
15 upvotes
PEI
flopticalcube wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 12:22 am
My son's roommate has a GameCube with 4 controllers already. They are vastly superior to using the joy-cons in single horizontal mode.
Theyre better than *anything* for smash. The Gamecube controller almost seems designed specifically for smash bros.

Now if they would just enable the adapter to be used in things like mario kart as well.
Jan 9, 2012
78 posts
17 upvotes
Brampton
morriscey wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 6:22 pm
Theyre better than *anything* for smash. The Gamecube controller almost seems designed specifically for smash bros.

Now if they would just enable the adapter to be used in things like mario kart as well.
You can use the adapter in MK8 Deluxe.
source:
Jun 4, 2017
32 posts
43 upvotes
Bought it, however there is considerable lag while playing for smash. Going to return it.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
4279 posts
409 upvotes
Thornhill / North Yo…
Any reviews on this Biogenik adapter? Interested on how it stacks up with the 1st party one in terms of reliability, input lag, etc.
Jul 4, 2005
774 posts
107 upvotes
carrrson wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 6:13 pm
Bought it, however there is considerable lag while playing for smash. Going to return it.
Instead of returning it, wanna just sell it to me?
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4368 posts
1265 upvotes
I'm surprised there's lag, the guy at ebgames told me he uses it and it's just like the official adapter.
I only have the official one, no lag on that one
Jul 13, 2009
202 posts
23 upvotes
Calgary
morriscey wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 6:22 pm

I would have thought the same thing until I bought a pro controller. The pro controller honestly feels more responsive than the gamecube controller.

I don't know about this adapter, but the official adapter (well I have the wii u adapter) allows gamecube controllers to be used for Mario kart on the switch.
Apr 1, 2009
17 posts
15 upvotes
PEI
KLegend wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 9:10 pm
You can use the adapter in MK8 Deluxe.
source:
Well shit - gonna have to keep that in mind.