Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2018

[EB Games] EB Games Black Friday Flyer (Nov 22-26)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2018 1:46 pm
Tags:
Deal Guru
Aug 30, 2009
10242 posts
2102 upvotes
Aurora
chemicalxv wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 2:36 pm
How much better do you think it's going to get at this point considering you can walk in today and buy a new 1 TB One S with like $50+ worth of Minecraft crap (including the game) for $229.99?
Your comparing a slim to an x how different ball park rofl..
signature removed for rule violations
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
1178 posts
740 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
yoda12320 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 6:50 pm
Your comparing a slim to an x how different ball park rofl..
You're complaining it's a "horrible deal" .

You can BUY a brand new 1 TB Xbox One S with a game for $230 right now. Why on earth would you expect anything more substantial than what EB is offering as a trade-in value for a console that's half that size space-wise and up to 5 years old at this point?
Dec 26, 2016
8 posts
2 upvotes
PauloG764875 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 1:27 pm
Did anyone have any luck combining the $100 discount coupon with the PSVR $329 deal?
Just went to EB Games and no luck... They said it's already discounted and can't use the coupon on top. Crying Face
Jun 6, 2018
24 posts
11 upvotes
Winnipeg
Just came from 3 different EB Games locations in search of LA Noire on Switch with no luck at any. I meant to order online last night when the sale went live but I fell asleep early. Super disappointed, but whatever.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2188 posts
449 upvotes
Belle River
MarcL27787 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 9:52 pm
Just came from 3 different EB Games locations in search of LA Noire on Switch with no luck at any. I meant to order online last night when the sale went live but I fell asleep early. Super disappointed, but whatever.
If it makes you feel any better I don't think it was ever possible to get it online. I tried one location today too but sold out.
Nov 8, 2012
393 posts
157 upvotes
London, ON
MarcL27787 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 9:52 pm
i think its in store only. and both EB's near me only had one copy. i went to one at 10am and didnt want to wait in a 40 person line, so i left. around 3pm i called another, they said they had one (not sealed but new) and 'no one had asked about it' so i got that one. i have a feeling it hasnt been that popular? Maybe your local store will have copies
Sep 10, 2004
687 posts
35 upvotes
soupnazi wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 12:02 pm
Same here. Had God of War reserved in store with 6 in stock last night. This morning got email that order is cancelled due to no stock. Why even let me reserve in store in the first place? Didn't want to ship to home to due to shopping costs. Their suggestion is try again at a different location.

Wrote them a nasty email that they lost me as a customer for life and what kind of reservation system is this. Bought the game on Amanzon.ca for the sale price instead!
You cant be surprised about that.

Black Friday/Boxing Day its 1st come first served, especially for sale items/door crashers.

I went in person at store open to pick-up a copy of GOW and Nier. They only had 3-4 copies each. I would have been pissed if they would have held them for someone the day prior, or the day of. I left the store at 10 am, but called the store at 11:00 am to check stock since I was thinking of buying another copy to gift. It was all sold out.
Mar 17, 2009
845 posts
36 upvotes
managed to get a copy of sealed la noire from stc location. saw a gutted one and refused to get that one.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
3442 posts
995 upvotes
chaingunsofdoom wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 11:46 am
Paper up on front door of EB here that Diablo NSW is not on sale.
Anyone else confirm this? (Though I'm sure it's not on sale, it'd be cool if it were).

I'll probably trade in Mario + Rabbids but to be honest, I find it hard to find anything on the flyer that you can't already get somewhere else cheaper.
Dec 26, 2016
8 posts
2 upvotes
parapudaw wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 12:06 pm
My question is, for this Creed Bundle which is suppose to be $319. Would the take the $100 off coupon being handed on PSVR tour? Cause this bundle would be $219 which is really a hot buy for sure.
I've tried today and they didn't accept the coupon. Didn't try any other stores but I guess everyone is going to say the same... :/
Mar 26, 2008
339 posts
85 upvotes
what is the trade in process like for the ps4? do you have to give your ID in case something was wrong with your ps4? the controller i have isn't in the best of shape.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
1178 posts
740 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
halcyon wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 11:44 pm
Anyone else confirm this? (Though I'm sure it's not on sale, it'd be cool if it were).

I'll probably trade in Mario + Rabbids but to be honest, I find it hard to find anything on the flyer that you can't already get somewhere else cheaper.
Can confirm, they had a paper up saying it was a mistake.
danron1376 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 12:32 am
what is the trade in process like for the ps4? do you have to give your ID in case something was wrong with your ps4? the controller i have isn't in the best of shape.
They legally need your ID because they basically have to follow Pawn Shop rules, so if that PS4 you traded in was actually stolen the police can get you.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
1178 posts
740 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Anyways the Deluxe Version of LEGO DC Super Villains isn't on sale, only the regular version. Womp womp :(

Base Shadow of War is only $5 off ($24.99) while the Definitive Edition is $20 off ($39.99) however they don't have the PS4 version even listed on their website? But that'll still get cheaper anyways because it's WB lmao (remember Shadow of Morder GotY edition for PS4 hit like $5 digital last year and Arkham Knight+Season Pass has hit <$20).

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 is $20 off at $29.99.

Vampyr still shows $79.99, that one's gotta be going on sale but I wonder when.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2006
1633 posts
79 upvotes
halcyon wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 11:44 pm

I saw the same sign at my EB (re: DIablo NSW not being on sale)